Copyright Strikes....

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What caused Fernando to come on here last year & attack a bunch of forum members? You'd think this whole ordeal would warrant a return ...

he bragged about designing new gnr merch which looked cheesy as fuck 

3 hours ago, vloors said:

images.jpeg.jpg

yeah exactly - theres only so much BS terrain that can be traversed leveraged solely off the credibility of music such as 14 years and dust n bones where gnr just becomes a real motherfuckin joke à la Pretty Tied Up

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

35 minutes ago, Ant said:

This is nuts. Life would be so much fucking simpler if I was a Foo Fighters fan.

I wish I could just get stoked about crushing Buds and seeing the Foos. 

Hell even being a Tool fan has had its rewards lately lol and I never thought I would say this in the 2010's, Guns N' Roses makes Tool look like they release as many albums as Buckethead

6 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Believe me you don't wanna know and get into that and there are enough nutcases to discuss already

I can't believe I'm still trying to prove this shit.
Seriously also wondering what people think it will take to have such an account where you can easily drop links and those links will be removed without verifying. You gotta definitely proof you have the rights of a certain band or songs before you can block them like that. After that authentication, it's all you can block!!!! So it's not that you can simply buy such thing and start blocking the shit out of youtube. So uzisuicidall was def a real account

P7hXr8m.png

I appreciate your efforts and I hate repeating myself, but what you post here is just proof that the troll claims to do it on TB's behalf. Not that TB is actually involved. Anyone can claim to do it with someone's consent to validate whatever mission they are on.

As for having to be associated with the band to be able to effectively take down videos. I am afraid I am not so sure that is necessarily required. It seems to me youtube, and others, prefer to err on the side of caution when faced with possible infringements.

The "Universal takedown squad"? Yeah, I think Universal are more at blame here than TB, although I am not ruling out an initial involvement from TB. I also know for a fact that TB is not as appreciative of youtube live videos as they ought to be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

So is there any chance of a follow up from TB? It seems this latest installment of TB’s incompetence was the final straw for many in the community. As such, the community has voiced how they feel. Is there any chance of this reaction to this specific event getting back to them, and them responding back in any way? 

(Again, about this specific event - not about new music, touring, merch, etc) 

Not very likely considering how sour the relationship is between certain parts of the fan base and TB. But they vehemently deny being involved in the takedowns, and have offered that the label is in their right to take down videos (which fits with Beta's comment that it is not fans taking down the videos).

Of course, we know that some "fans" HAVE been taking down videos, and claiming to do it in compliance with TB and/or Universal.

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wouldnt be shocked one bit if he physically attscked Axl or someone

same thing came to my mind :(

The worst part is that we can do nothing. for the band, for TB we are a small handful of idiots who get angry and fight, complain and still expecting something from band ( whatever) . Comparing us with thousands who buy tickets and merch who are not interested in TB, management, who are often not in social media- we look like intrusive flies. And this powerlessness is the worst. As someone previously noted, it would be easier to be a fan of someone else ... and yet we are here :cry:

Edited by Politania

Uzi Suicidal LLC began pulling stuff down long before the Saskatoon/boxset era takedowns. Someone earlier posted a link to a 2013 mygnr thread discussing their prohibitions but, and I might be wrong here, I believe they were pulling stuff down before 2013. Perhaps 2011-2 if I had to give you a rough estimate? 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Uzi Suicidal LLC began pulling stuff down long before the Saskatoon/boxset era takedowns. Someone earlier posted a link to a 2013 mygnr thread discussing their prohibitions but, and I might be wrong here, I believe they were pulling stuff down before 2013. Perhaps 2011-2 if I had to give you a rough estimate? 

I think that is accurate.  Saskatoon definitely marked the takedowns going into overdrive though, like that was the video that seemingly sent them over the edge for some reason.  But I remember people trying to figure out the whole UziSuicidal thing for years now - and it is funny now seeing old Warchild posts from this forum in 2013 saying it was legit lol

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hah, was literally just listening to some ABBA, they're pretty great, I made the mistake of dismissing them when I was younger.

they're pretty great, if being a little "pastel".

can't listen to them for longer than two days before needing another break, but those two days always are a treat.

No idea.  I wasn't online at the time.

Axl said as far back as 1999 that he was gonna remove the song from all further pressings of LIES, and yes, it was not included with the others LIES songs on the boxset.

BUT....you can buy the song right now on amazon.  So it's obviously still out there, in an official capacity.

1 minute ago, Amaya said:

So glad Izzy is not in any of this  amd wont be around again.                                                                                                                                                            "What the hell does Izzy have to do with any of this?"  Nothing.  but I am Team Izzy, lol.  

yeah exactly, his legacy is absolutely untarnished 

• Like 2

• downzy locked this topic

We're going to go ahead an unlock this thread again after the two day cooling off period.

We ask that posts remain on topic and not veer into questions on lyrical relevance to immigration, xenophobia, or the possibility of mental illness of fellow fans.

Thanks! 

• Haha 2

• downzy changed the title to Copyright Strikes....
  • downzy unlocked and unpinned this topic

To bring everyone back up to speed, these were the relevant posts from Fernando's reddit account

Again, these were takedowns taken by a person impersonating part of the management team, i forwarded all information to the label and YouTube to suspend the account which was normally used by GNR. My “same script different day” shouldn’t apply to whatever topic you want to complain about, don’t you agree?

I did my dude. Fans came up to me about this back then and I told them it’s not the band or the label doing the takedowns.

I didn’t know the severity of the takedowns at the time. I thought it was about one of two of the videos that were taken down by us based on our own reasons, but then when someone told me that it was a shit ton of videos I had my then-assistant check the account and the password was changed, we contacted YouTube and killed the account.

We were on tour, regardless of what you or others think my place is on this little GNR world, know that the truth is, it’s a shit ton.

Allegedly, some of these characters got a hold of the GnR account to take videos down, and allegedly the account was killed. Yet the takedowns continue. Something just doesn't add up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

To bring everyone back up to speed, these were the relevant posts from Fernando's reddit account

Allegedly, some of these characters got a hold of the GnR account to take videos down, and allegedly the account was killed. Yet the takedowns continue. Something just doesn't add up.

Because whoever had taken over the account found other avenues to take down videos.  As others have pointed out, various recoding associations like the RIAA and IFPI were used to take down videos.  

IFPI doesn't care whether the complaint comes from the copyright holder or not.  It will act on a complaint from anyone.  

21 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because whoever had taken over the account found other avenues to take down videos.  As others have pointed out, various recoding associations like the RIAA and IFPI were used to take down videos.  

IFPI doesn't care whether the complaint comes from the copyright holder or not.  It will act on a complaint from anyone.  

Fair enough. However, I still find it insane that management hasn't made any public statements on the issue and hasn't publicly rebuked this type of behavior from these 'fans' (I don't consider cryptic reddit posts to be public statements).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Fair enough. However, I still find it insane that management hasn't made any public statements on the issue and hasn't publicly rebuked this type of behavior from these 'fans' (I don't consider cryptic reddit posts to be public statements).

Agreed.  I don't either.

Perhaps they worry that bringing more attention to the matter will result in more people filing copyright claims and making the matter worse.  

@highvoltage did a good job of educating me recently of the limits of what copyright holders can do in this situation.  In short, not much if one knows how Google/YouTube operates (or fails to operate).  Everything is done automatically without much recourse for copyright holders to intervene as Google has done a good job of walling itself off,  behinding its algorithms and systems.

But it would be nice to have some sort of official clarification from the band that it does not support the recent actions taken by misguided individuals.  Unfortunately they seem to have a no comment policy on literally everything.  I assume the calculation is the benefits of this policy outweigh the costs.  And in the grand scheme of things, with the tour grossing over a half billion dollars after three years, why bother at this point?   

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, downzy said:

What we do know is that an individual used an LLC once owned or controlled by elements of GNR to take down videos.  This individual is in communication with the band management via email and perhaps other methods of communication.  A member the band's management has publicly defended this individual from the allegations with respect to the recent removal multiple videos on various social media platforms.  We also know that the individual responsible for at least some of these take downs have publicly and privately claimed to be working with the support of band management (though, I highly doubt those claims; I've always thought, regardless of what one thinks of band management, it would just seem beyond the imagination that they would authorize this particular low-life to do anything on the band's behalf).  We know that other than Beta’s public defence of this individual, the band nor management have not offered much else with respect to clearing up this matter.

Completely out of the loop here: why is this person doing this?