[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

4 hours ago, D.. said:

The last track (which doesn't really count) that appeared in a cartoon was incredibly generic and bland. I never listen to it. I sure hope they won't "go back to roots". Fuck this "go back to roots" fashion, unless it means bringing Izzy back and delivering songs as good as AFD, but I think we can't reasonably expect that.

Any artist is supposed to evolve, not get stuck in the past. Axl completely embraced evolution and followed his guts.

Chinese Democracy has a lot of amazing tracks with great songs. I'd take most of CD songs over most of the songs that've been released in the rock n' roll landscape over the last 10 years.

It's just an amazing album all around with a couple of shit tracks (Riad & Scraped. And If The World is boring). The production is ace. You must be deaf to ears if you can't appreciate the quality (There Was A Time is hands down in the top tier GN'R songs, ever).

I sure hope Axl won't compromise himself and deliver a half-assed old-fashioned rock n' roll  generic album like Slash has done for the last 10 years.

Dude, I agree with every single fucking word. It's not 1987 anymore. They have changed, the world has changed. You can't bring that stuff back, and if you try you're gonna fail because it would never be as good as AFD for a million reasons. 

• Like 4

• I locked this and removed posts because...
  • leaks are not to be posted
  • posting where leaks are to be found is not allowed
  • Asking for or alluding to asking for leaks is not allowed
  • Don't ask for PMs 
  • 7 day suspensions WILL be given
  • most of the 'leaks' talk is bollocks anyway :shrugs:
  • Like 2

On 04/08/2019 at 2:42 PM, djones1225 said:

What I'd Like to see on a GNR album would be 15 songs:

5 CD outtakes with Slash n Duff

5 Songs from the mid 90s sessions or left over Velvet Revolver ideas

(Ex. Ain't Goin Down, Machine Gun)

5 new written songs

Velvet Revolver! Now you're talking 

• Like 1

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Can we talk about stuff or is that not ok in case we upset someone and this affects album sales or tour numbers?

Someone said go on Reddit? That's it?

Can we link to copyrighted material on YouTube or do I need to get a lawyer to check it's copyright first?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

I wouldn't mind an EP/album with The Seeker on it, I really think they nailed that one and Axl actually sounds very good on it. But it would be a cheap ass cashgrab to just release an album/EP with a bunch of reworked ChiDem songs, stuff from the Vault, and a bunch of covers. Then again, it would fit current day GNR perfectly :D

I agree The Seeker is great live. But fuck recording covers for the album. They should have tons of original material. 

We're getting a Covers Album aren't we! Cheers Team Brazil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Can we talk about stuff or is that not ok in case we upset someone and this affects album sales or tour numbers?

Someone said go on Reddit? That's it?

Can we link to copyrighted material on YouTube or do I need to get a lawyer to check it's copyright first?

Calm down, you know the rules, there's not many so it should be easy enough to understand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Because I waited 22 years for 'reunion' and instead I got the band whose best show was 30% of UYI's line up era worst show!  While Slash can play all guitars - Frank can not drum in any half serious band period.

Guns N Roses are not a band that need 2 keyboards.  Dizzy playing stuff like Locomotive, Breakdown or other UYI material are as far as keyboards are needed.

This line up has 0 creativity.  Ferrer and Fortus are not what Slash and Duff need.  If not Izzy, bring back Gilby.  Sorum by all means.

TSI  sound was perfect fit for GNR. It was a great record given what it was. 

Other than that.  There is a reason why no GNR ever happend after Iz left.

Marc Canter explained here a while back how and why each album came about and why each member was vital for the album

Creativity in music, when the hell did this happen?😄

Just now, RussTCB said:

You're welcome to pay for your own forum, then you can make up whatever rules you like about posting material that might get your sued. 

Nah it's a good forum and I get it you don't wanna get sued. 

But saying Reddit isn't a link. :cry:

I love you all and we are all disappointed. 

is all this leak bullshit the reason why the forum isnt available in its usual format? i guess its easier for mods to control this way... but this is taking things little far... instead of controling what fans are talking about youd think management would try n crack down on whoever is leaking shit from within... and maybe realise if you stop people from talking about the band, some people will just say fuck you and just stop listening to the music altogether... leaks arent the reason people wont buy new music, illegal streaming sites after the music is released will... if anything leaks would encourage me to buy the real deal... if the musics any good obviously

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I've heard this argument a thousand times and it's based in the "I liked the way it was😭😭😭" thought process.

It's a total crock of shit. I have heard a lot of bootlegs of the uyi line up and there was a lot of questionable moments. 

This current line up isn't ever going to change your mind though. My suggestion is simple, stay rooted in the past... Pretend that Gilby was a great songwriter, pretend that Izzy wanted to tour, pretend that Matt was a perfect fit for GNR... It's all good! I'm going to listen to whatever comes out with an open mind, if it's good I'll praise it! If it's bad I'll say just that! It's fair enough if you have a narrow scope for gnr can be, but I don't share that view. 

?

Why pretend? You've heard, some of us lived long enough to have knowledge of 1986 - present.

You hadn't seen AFD line up? You hadn't seen UYI era live? You only got to see current line up?  Well tough luck.  Life can be a bitch sometime.  But hell, it is pretty childish to claim the best era is the one you went through, ya know.

Say, Gilb/Iz/Matt/Steve come back in Oct, will you whine for Frank and Fortus?

Just for the record, the only one who mentioned Gilby was a great songwriter was you.  But his first two albums did contain better songs than anything Ax released post '93.

You know Iz didn't want to tour for a fact?  You spoke to him?  Whoa!  This deserves a special topic then.

Please don't come around with such silly arguments and tell others where or how to live, you sound like 15.

Edited by shotsfired cro

4 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Because I waited 22 years for 'reunion' and instead I got the band whose best show was 30% of UYI's line up era worst show!  While Slash can play all guitars - Frank can not drum in any half serious band period.

Guns N Roses are not a band that need 2 keyboards.  Dizzy playing stuff like Locomotive, Breakdown or other UYI material are as far as keyboards are needed.

This line up has 0 creativity.  Ferrer and Fortus are not what Slash and Duff need.  If not Izzy, bring back Gilby.  Sorum by all means.

TSI  sound was perfect fit for GNR. It was a great record given what it was. 

Other than that.  There is a reason why no GNR ever happend after Iz left.

Marc Canter explained here a while back how and why each album came about and why each member was vital for the album

You must be fun at parties

• Haha 2