[RUMOR] Next album coming early 2020 (GNRCentral as source)

I love how everyone here thinks they know whats best for GNR.

If this lineup was truly bad then Not In THis Lifetime Tour would have grossed exactly 1 dollar

I guarantee some people who say this lineup is shit didn't even go to 1 show and based all their assumptions on lame cell phone videos.

If this lineup was truly awful then no one would go to the shows period.  The fact that this tour has been so successful is because everyone who goes to the shows has a good time listens to great music and gets rid of their troubles for 2 hours. People just like to project their own drama and they are mad because its not exactly how they want it

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I still dont know what melissa does in the band, apart from the odd background vocals here and there.:shrugs:

34 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

She makes the band's overall sound more fuller. She doubles guitar parts on the old songs, plays samples and keyboards for the Chinese Democracy songs, she plays keyboards on Paradise City. She does a lot.

And as a band that plays stadiums, she is needed. Many bands have someone off stage doing what she does, so it's cool that she gets be on the stage.

I've got no problems with her. She does a lot of important stuff.

Get rid of Frank and get a real drummer in his place and then you would see a real improvement and no one would need to complain about Melissa.

2 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

She makes the band's overall sound more fuller. She doubles guitar parts on the old songs, plays samples and keyboards for the Chinese Democracy songs, she plays keyboards on Paradise City. She does a lot.

And as a band that plays stadiums, she is needed. Many bands have someone off stage doing what she does, so it's cool that she gets be on the stage.

Samples from CD i understand, but making the guitars sound fuller.. really?. When  i saw them i couldnt hear any difference.

Agree on the comments about frank.

10 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

This line up has 0 creativity.  Ferrer and Fortus are not what Slash and Duff need.  If not Izzy, bring back Gilby.  

How can you say this line up has 0 creativity when you haven’t heard a single song from them yet?

Gilby? Yeah, because he wrote so much material for GNR

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Towelie said:

This lineup? 

Yeah, sure...

Sure, twist my words. The principle still stands: you don’t know what has or has not been done, so this "zero creativity" is just a conclusion jumped to. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Questionable moments are part of a rock show but you could still listen to any bootleg from those days and the worst shows would still be enjoyable overall. The majority would be good to great.. There isn't one show from the NITL tour that sounds good from start to finish.. Certainly no shows you could make one true love album out of.. Hell there are only a handful of songs at best that consistently sound good every night. 

You might be right, but it's an unfair comparison of the 30 year old Axl vs the 50+ year old Axl. If his voice was where it was in the 90s these shows would be right up there with UYI. I have definitely heard very good shows, and absolutely fantastic versions of songs that would leave you questioning whether it was 2017 or 1993... now those type of moments weren't every night, they weren't even every week but again, it was down to Axls voice!  

UYI era Guns was just as bloated. They didn't play as many covers but over all this feels like a continuation from UYI, to me at least!

I'm not sure the "it's a part of rock n roll" argument stands up though. If that was the case then, when Frank messes up or when DJ did, we could say "Hey man! it's rock n roll, it's not supposed to be perfect". But we both know they get and got hammered each and every time they went off script... which is a very unrock n roll line to hold.

I prefer the sound of the UYI line up though, it was rawer and it was also the sound that I grew up with. But it's down to the individual members, even Slash's band sound fairly sterile in comparison to the 90s gnr... I don't think you can look at the 4 hired musicians who are told what to do, saying 'these are the people who decide what the band will sound like'. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, D.. said:

Come on man, that's the impression Axl gave you? Performing with AC/DC & giving his all + reuniting with the old members? He DOES care. More than a lot of people seem to comprehend.

If he gave zero fuck, he would never have reunited and probably stopped everything entirely or just touring like he used to from 2011 to 2014 with the previous line-up. He has enough money to play golf for the rest of his life, to quote Uwe Boll.

His silence for a while is extremely good news to me. The more silent he is, the more it's an indication he is working his ass off, that's how he is. You can bet he is working like a madman on the new album.

I have little doubt the rumor is true and that a next album is further due. I felt it was coming. If it's for early 2020, then great. I'm not totally confident about the release date but whatever. At least that's some indication they are making a new record, that's all I care about.

Now I just hope it will be good, but I have faith in Axl. Maybe it won't be onpar with the previous albums, but it's alright as long as it sounds good.

As for someone who said "if it sounds like Chinese, it won't sound good"... it's because of people like you that the next album may sound inferior to Chinese.

The last track (which doesn't really count) that appeared in a cartoon was incredibly generic and bland. I never listen to it. I sure hope they won't "go back to roots". Fuck this "go back to roots" fashion, unless it means bringing Izzy back and delivering songs as good as AFD, but I think we can't reasonably expect that.

Any artist is supposed to evolve, not get stuck in the past. Axl completely embraced evolution and followed his guts.

Chinese Democracy has a lot of amazing tracks with great songs. I'd take most of CD songs over most of the songs that've been released in the rock n' roll landscape over the last 10 years.

It's just an amazing album all around with a couple of shit tracks (Riad & Scraped. And If The World is boring). The production is ace. You must be deaf to ears if you can't appreciate the quality (There Was A Time is hands down in the top tier GN'R songs, ever).

I sure hope Axl won't compromise himself and deliver a half-assed old-fashioned rock n' roll  generic album like Slash has done for the last 10 years. I want to hear The General! I want that over anything Slash or even Izzy could come up with. I sure hope this track will make it onto the album. I'm pretty confident Axl won't forget his hardcore fans and what he's made of.

Damn! Are you on cocaine?

• Haha 1