P.R.L. - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Read some comments earlier on my lunch break, and I just got home and downloaded it... you guys are overreacting. I expected it to be a lot worse. :lol:

It's kinda cool for what it is. I'm not surprised a lot of people on here hate it, but it's just a 'backing track' or like a song 'blueprint' basically. Definitely has potential to sound cool when mixed with guitars and vocals... :shrugs:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

So RMCD2 is going to leak one song at a time?  This is so cool

Looks like it came from a different source, hopefully the Chairman puts the whole CD rip out soon.

12 hours ago, Creed said:

Rose: So we have material that we think is too advanced for old Guns fans to hear right now and they would completely hate, because we were exploring the use of computers [along with] everybody really playing their ass off and combining that, but trying to push the envelope a bit. It's like, "Hmm, I have to push the envelope a little too far. We'll wait on that." So we got a list of things.

Well, at least he knew most Guns fans would hate it lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Creed said:

these tracks are very difficult stuff to put lyrics on. i would love seeing slash fixing CD problems, but we havent heard any CD evolution by him so far...

lol ... Slash butchered all CD songs .... CD did not have any problems, I dont know what are you talking about.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CernakA said:

lol ... Slash butchered all CD songs .... CD did not have any problems, I dont know what are you talking about.

The problem CD had was that there was no Slash, or rasp, or a release date back in 2000. Now they're pasting Slash into those songs, which hasn't been for the best.

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Lots of different voices on CD. On Chinese Democracy the main voice is a powerful low register thing. Madagascar is also low but Axl adds some scratchiness to it that makes it really full-sounding, I'd call it raspy. Then there are songs with his thin voice, that he seems to have been fond of for this period. Not my favorite, but pretty impressive when he showcases the range like on the end of TWAT. With the recent leaks we get even more diversity! Nothing is almost a croon. State of Grace is, in my subjective opinion, probably the most impressive vocal take from Axl where he sings chest voice then goes slowly up through a sustained scream before he goes absolutely nuts at the end finishing the song with two extremely impressive screams (the vocal delivery, not the tonal quality, reminds me of Perfect Crime live from'91 where he is so taken by emotions he can barely get the words out). Eye on You has at least three different voice from the thin voice in the verses to a deep line in the chorus, a chest "hey" line and the background woo-hoo's. Hard School is interesting in having verses that are more thin (and with some filter) before the chorus is more raspy and angry. 

I think the CD era has been very interesting vocally, and although I am not very much a fan of his choices, he keeps it interesting and at best is simply astonishing. And making it seem like he only uses the think, Mickey voice is simply not true. The leaks have further cemented this.

yup, my gripe with the clean/thin vocals on CD are they simply arent as nice sounding as the raspy ones in the mix. it seems like they have too much compression and it makes axl sound squeaky and wimpy. Even the Roy Thomas Baker mixes, they should have mixed the clean vocals more like Geddy Lee or something, it's too top 40 pop sounding in its current form, when the raspy voice sounds defined and rich.

On 2019-10-03 at 3:38 PM, RussTCB said:

There's so many great musicians on these boards. Hell, we've all completed some covers through the years. 

You know what would be awesome? If a bunch of the musicians got together to pick one of these tracks and finish it, so to speak. 

Would be super cool, I vote quick song. 

• Like 1

On 3.10.2019 at 11:38 PM, RussTCB said:

There's so many great musicians on these boards. Hell, we've all completed some covers through the years. 

You know what would be awesome? If a bunch of the musicians got together to pick one of these tracks and finish it, so to speak. 

With some good lyrics... Maybe we can get one of these amazing impersonators to sing along...  

At least some "hay hays..." 😂

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Like 1