The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I didn’t take it as smart ass. Your statement was factual. I’m curious what other issues you had with the L&L box set, though. I think no live AudiI or video really made that box set weak. Additionally, it appears the band had zero involvement in the box set. That box set should have been a labor of love .

There's a lot to name, but I don't want to derail the thread too much. The short version is that there's a million different things that should've been included to add value as opposed to things no one wanted. 

1 minute ago, Its Tino said:

Did I miss something? Why is this thread bumping? Did Nando say something recently?

Yea, he's been posting on reddit today and yesterday. Says the album is "coming along".

Here's his latest comment:

flebeis

1 point · 3 hours ago

All great ideas.

Some already in the works and some worth writing down.

Keep’em coming.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, he's been posting on reddit today and yesterday. Says the album is "coming along".

Here's his latest comment:

Looks like it’s all been deleted. I just see a pic of his dog

nevermind, found it!

Edited by Its Tino

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah most acts require top notch social media presence both during and outside of touring cycles and album era's. Just as the ways people consume music change the ways they 'interact' with the artists themselves has changed.

It is true that legacy acts like GNR don't really need to release anything. 

As far as I see it only one of these issues leaves GNR lagging behind the competition. Any new music will become the new 'piss break' for the vast majority of the crowd while the lacklustre fan to band interaction will damage ticket sales far more.

Ah ok....

I was referring to them as individuals rather than the 'GNR product' here. I see that every product has to have a social media presence now of course. 

It's the personal interaction and other such nonsense I feel is totally unnecessary with band members. I honestly couldn't care less about the ins and outs of musicians daily lives. 

As for the other point.....well, saying that some people may not like it really is clutching at straws as a reason for not doing anything new. 

I think the piss-poor sales for the new legs of the tour have very little to do with Axl not instagramming pictures of plane wings and coffee cups every few minutes......

Edited by allwaystired

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

FWIW Meegan should probably take over the bands official social media. She literally brings us some of the best backstage content.

I'm down with that. Imagine having those live streams she does from soundcheck and backstage but on the official GnR Instagram.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

and the worst of all. Fernando. Imagine knowingly lying to all of the clamoring fans, that he is very in touch with,  and just going on and on with it. Just be straight up. For once.

Yep, that’s the worst part of it all.

2 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I had a dream last night about the new Album... i opened this forum and saw a thread called 'the stroke'. That was obviously the album title. People went crazy! 😁🤦‍♂️ or am i, finally?😂😝

With sampled voice from billy squier.

3 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I had a dream last night about the new Album... i opened this forum and saw a thread called 'the stroke'. That was obviously the album title. People went crazy! 😁🤦‍♂️ or am i, finally?😂😝

yep, that's typical sign of a stroke. sorry, bro

• Haha 4

This whole thing is just unbelievable.. They've been teasing us for years with by saying a new album is gonna come, but keep finding excuses for it.. Then Fernando says it's gonna happen in the next 6 months, finally it seems like it's happening, they ran out of excuses and Fernando would look like a tool if nothing came out.. But then the fucking virus happened and suddenly they have an excuse for not releasing anything again

This only happens in GNR world

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

This whole thing is just unbelievable.. They've been teasing us for years with by saying a new album is gonna come, but keep finding excuses for it.. Then Fernando says it's gonna happen in the next 6 months, finally it seems like it's happening, they ran out of excuses and Fernando would look like a tool if nothing came out.. But then the fucking virus happened and suddenly they have an excuse for not releasing anything again

This only happens in GNR world

Coincidence?🤔

Wouldn't it be cool if the entire (rumored to be turned in) 2010 album leaked?

That would hold us over for a while, and probably accelerate an official release. 

I'm sure it's out there, in some form. 

Edited by Sweersa

19 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you ever wanted concrete examples of why Team Brazil stay off of here and refuse to interact with us, just take a look at the previous few pages.

Fernando gives a decent summary of the current state of affairs and the response is the same tired "Release muh Illusions pro-shots, brand new album now!!".

I think people just have to be realistic in what can be released at the moment. From the update we can say no album was expected to be released right now. So anyone saying they should just drop the album has to understand that there is currently no 100% finished album waiting to drop.

A quick summary of realistic things that could be done.

1. Update on tour via a video posted to all social media accounts from one of Axl, Slash or Duff.

2. Release any available live content from the NITL tour.

3. Record an acoustic version of Patience in the same way rolling stone's did.

4. Cover contest of Patience on social media

More unlikely things that would be nice

1. Talks from Axl, Slash or Duff about the NITL tour and what they've enjoyed during it.

2. Guitar/Bass lessons from Slash/Duff (See Brian May's ). 

Also would like to see some pics/vids from the big three as we've not really had anything from them saying the usual "we're all good, remember to stay indoors" that most are doing.

Would genuinely like to hear good ideas from people as to what they should do with social media, as GNR have never really embraced it all that well.

I think people just don't believe him because any time he says anything it's just hot air and nothing ever comes of it. If this band actually had press releases and stuff like that instead of their "manager" posting on reddit then maybe people wouldn't call bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I think people just don't believe him because any time he says anything it's just hot air and nothing ever comes of it. If this band actually had press releases and stuff like that instead of their "manager" posting on reddit then maybe people wouldn't call bullshit. 

This. TB have caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

“All great ideas.

Some already in the works and some worth writing down.

Keep ‘em coming.”

Can’t post a pic for some reason but that’s what Fernando said in the Reddit thread. 

Obviously it’s all talk until we see action. Everyone knows this. But perhaps...2020 may be the year? 

Edited by GNRfanJen

7 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I had a dream last night about the new Album... i opened this forum and saw a thread called 'the stroke'. That was obviously the album title. People went crazy! 😁🤦‍♂️ or am i, finally?😂

Something similar happened to me some weeks ago. I had a dream that gnr released an EP with 10 songs and one of them was "Nothing". Well maybe it was nightmare. 

Does anyone know who the mods are on the GNRsubreddit?

I messaged them saying the asshole who is responsible for the takedowns is trolling people with THREE!! alt accounts. I have been calling out this nut job for the past 2 days 

EDIT 

He has 4 fucking alt accounts 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1