Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I think it’s sad. I mean, I totally respect – and to a large degree understand – your point of view; god knows GN'R isn’t an easy band to be a fan of. One gets fucking frustrated and all. On the other hand, I find your overall conduct here sad and ridiculous at the same time – and above all, useless. You clearly despise current GN'R/Axl and there doesn’t seem to be anything that would change this any time soon. But what is the point in being here and doing this all the time, poisoning every thread, repeatedly, over and over, ad nauseam? It’s clear you’re just trolling here – is that what gets you off? When I peruse your posts, I feel sorry and think you could use some psychotherapy. Seriously. Cause I don’t think anyone enjoying this type of stuff can truly be happy in their life. Sorry for my English (plus a hangover), I probably could express this better under different circumstances (and it may be I need therapy myself). The mere fact that you constantly keep calling him "Rose" is... peculiar, to say the least. Have you thought about following a different band? For example, I discovered Ghost about three years ago (!) and find them (I mean the singer) fascinating. There’s also Dead Daisies, which I don’t know too much yet, but they definitely rock. Etc. 
So my last – and unsolicited again – advice would be lay off the net (and GN'R), go for a walk in the woods but don’t take the phone with you, smoke a joint, get laid, and have a very long, hot bath or shower, whatever the order will be. Otherwise, why waste time like this? If you don’t wanna let others have fun while you yourself obviously can’t, you’re in a very sad and troublesome situation indeed, wouldn’t you say? 
I know this post was a waste of time... but just wanted to give my 2 bitcoins. 
Peace... and have a nice day, troubled fella. 

That's a nice post, thanks.

I'm not troubled.  Once you are at peace with the fact they aren't going to release new music, it's fun to watch them squirm, lie and trick fans with these vague answers of 'releases starting to be slotted'.

I found it hilarious that they released Silkworms without even bothering to re-do a vocal, so I do 'enjoy' the band still.  Just in different ways.

I'm not trolling.  When will people realize?  I see Blackstar now saying 'Summer 22' is her prediction for the album.  When will she accept it isn't coming?  Will we be in Summer 2024, with people calling me a troll and saying 'Spring 25' makes sense, despite Slash giving awkward vague answers about a GNR album and clear and concise answers on the next Miles Kane album.

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

yes, in principal the point of a forum is to discuss the band and share differing opinions and of course you are free to debate whatever you want,  but are we really going to pretend that correcting ludicrous statements is where it ends? or that it is in proportion in quantity to a few fans saying ridiculous shit?

you present it like it is in your post. (it's so silly all the time, that it's warranted. I disagree)

and I honestly think that a lot of Gn'R fans have this really bitter attitude towards the band cause it is what it is and it's not something else. So when the same usual suspects say something ridiculous, it quickly divulges into how Gn'R doesn't care or could do this, that, and the other.

if that's what some people want to do, fine. I can always keep scrolling, but it takes away from the experience imo cause I'm genuinely interested in what those posters have to share when they're not bitching about how Gn'R is much less than what it is perceived to be by some other fans.

And just to clarify: critic of the band is healthy and welcomed but it's not always constructive and often just as exaggerated as those silly biggest band in the world statement/packed stadiums. (Axl can't sing anymore, the band doesn't give a shit, they're only going to release music after Axl is dead, why is Axl not doing what he doesn't want to do?, etc)

sometimes the baggage that comes with being the type of Gn'R fan that can't adjust their expectations makes it tedious to discuss. I think that's the point I was trying to make.

Yeah got it. There are definitely unrealistic expectations of what the band is/should be in 2021....but then I can't really blame people for being utterly frustrated too. There's no doubt about the fact GNR's whole remit seems to be "missed opportunity" which is a real shame and they do seem to be continuing on that trajectory. 

As ever, the reality is somewhere in the middle, but I do think people engage in decent debate here by and large. There's not too many people on the extremes- most can appreciate what the band do well whilst also criticizing the things they do incredibly badly. Undue attention is focussed on the very small minority of posters who stray to either side of the spectrum. 

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

it quickly divulges into how Gn'R doesn't care or could do this, that, and the other.

This is pretty accurate. Sometimes I think certain people are looking for posts to react to and to spew out the greatest hits of complaints for the umpteenth time. They are very eager to constantly let others know how they feel about the band because they've been so disappointed. And the sad thing is that I think half of them aren't even trolls. I believe some of them don't realize that they constantly repeat the same thing. It's like the disappointment in GnR has somehow clouded their memory, ha.

if that's what some people want to do, fine. I can always keep scrolling, but it takes away from the experience imo cause I'm genuinely interested in what those posters have to share when they're not bitching about how Gn'R is much less than what it is perceived to be by some other fans.

I've put some of them on ignore, including the one you quoted, because I got tired too of constantly scrolling through the same lists of complaints from the same usual suspects. And it doesn't always work because some of them post quite a lot and when other people quote them you still get caught up in some of the conversation, but it does work a little bit.

Edited by EvanG

44 minutes ago, Pele said:

That's a nice post, thanks.

I'm not troubled.  Once you are at peace with the fact they aren't going to release new music, it's fun to watch them squirm, lie and trick fans with these vague answers of 'releases starting to be slotted'.

I found it hilarious that they released Silkworms without even bothering to re-do a vocal, so I do 'enjoy' the band still.  Just in different ways.

I'm not trolling.  When will people realize?  I see Blackstar now saying 'Summer 22' is her prediction for the album.  When will she accept it isn't coming?  Will we be in Summer 2024, with people calling me a troll and saying 'Spring 25' makes sense, despite Slash giving awkward vague answers about a GNR album and clear and concise answers on the next Miles Kane album.

I understand, but the main question is, why should she "accept" that "the album isn’t coming"? Why push your opinion on everyone else repeatedly? Besides, look, they’re gonna release something at some point, whatever the content will be. Even if to just put out Axl’s CD II material (I hope it won’t be just that, but that’s my opinion). It may be in summer '22, it may be in winter '25, but you’re not gonna win anyone new over with repeating the same. There’s this phrase a certain agent used that I like: "I want to believe". 
Don’t be bitter, it ruins one’s body (not to mention mind). ;)

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I understand, but the main question is, why should she "accept" that "the album isn’t coming"? Why push your opinion on everyone else repeatedly? Besides, look, they’re gonna release something at some point, whatever the content will be. Even if to just put out Axl’s CD II material (I hope it won’t be just that, but that’s my opinion). It may be in summer '22, it may be in winter '25, but you’re not gonna win anyone new over with repeating the same. There’s this phrase a certain agent used that I like: "I want to believe". 
Don’t be bitter, it ruins one’s body (not to mention mind). ;)

You're right.  Maybe she shouldn't.  Maybe it doesn't matter.

She's a really good poster (despite her probably hating me!)  She is obviously a huge fan, reads loads,  collates great info and posts interesting stuff.

I don't like to see people like her being shit on.  That's what I think Rose is doing.  IMO he (and TB, and Slash) know that there is no new album coming, and the tactic is to 'slot releases' of old demos to keep collecting as much money as they can from people like her.  Slash/Fortus etc have obviously been told to be vague about new music to keep fans/promoters/labels etc hopeful that something may come.

You say 'they are going to release something at some point'.  I don't believe they will release anything substantial.   I believe they'll sign a similar (but smaller) deal for the next tour, and instead of agreeing to promote the tour normally and do interviews etc, he'll agree to release another 'new' song.  That will be Atlas Shrugged, and again, he won't lift a finger - his producer will record Slash and Duff, and paste over his existing work.  I actually think this has already been done.  I think Atlas is ready to go, but instead of giving it to the fans, it will be held back and used to collect more money for the next tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

This is an odd thing to find 'peace' with. Though if you were truly 'at peace' the discussion point would not even enter your psyche. By virtue of your post frequency and content consistency, one can reasonably deduce you are not in any way accepting of the outcome otherwise you would have let go and stopped caring. How anybody can extract any enjoyment from watching people, whom you don't know, 'squirm' on an internet forum is beyond my reasoning. Time to get a new hobby I'd say! 

Some hobby suggestions:

Extreme ironing

Horizontal horticulture. 

Knavel fluff collecting. 

Drunk dressage. 

Cricket.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

This is an odd thing to find 'peace' with. Though if you were truly 'at peace' the discussion point would not even enter your psyche. By virtue of your post frequency and content consistency, one can reasonably deduce you are not in any way accepting of the outcome otherwise you would have let go and stopped caring. How anybody can extract any enjoyment from watching people, whom you don't know, 'squirm' on an internet forum is beyond my reasoning. Time to get a new hobby I'd say! 

Some hobby suggestions:

Extreme ironing

Horizontal horticulture. 

Knavel fluff collecting. 

Drunk dressage. 

Cricket.

I'm not watching posters squirm.  It's funny watching Slash squirm, stumble and stutter about "all things considered, there is a desire to release music, we need to figure out what to do" etc etc yet say "we'll record 20 songs and release them in March" when asked about Miles Kane.

They are so far away from doing an album that he is literally pretending they don't know how to release music anymore (however he has no such problems with every other project he's involved in).

It's funny to see Fernando being asked repeatedly about a new album, refusing to answer, yet say 'releases are being slotted', knowing full well those releases are physical CD of HardSkool about 5 months from now!

Stop falling for it.  Embrace the hilarity.

• Like 1

lol"rose"

On topic: it's funny to me that I started out with a suggestion for how the band could very easily promote themselves. Instead of discussing that, the usual suspects decided to devolve the discussion into how I mentioned the band isn't even close to the biggest band in the world. 

1 hour ago, Pele said:

I'm not watching posters squirm.  It's funny watching Slash squirm, stumble and stutter about "all things considered, there is a desire to release music, we need to figure out what to do" etc etc yet say "we'll record 20 songs and release them in March" when asked about Miles Kane.

They are so far away from doing an album that he is literally pretending they don't know how to release music anymore (however he has no such problems with every other project he's involved in).

It's funny to see Fernando being asked repeatedly about a new album, refusing to answer, yet say 'releases are being slotted', knowing full well those releases are physical CD of HardSkool about 5 months from now!

Stop falling for it.  Embrace the hilarity.

I will be honest with you Pele... if GNR never release another album, it will have the following impact on my life: sweet fuck all! If course I'd listen to it if they did. But reading interviews with band members talking about something that may or may not happen (and I am likely more in the latter camp given previous release history) is not something I am likely to extract much humour from. May I suggest Monty Python for that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I will be honest with you Pele... if GNR never release another album, it will have the following impact on my life: sweet fuck all! If course I'd listen to it if they did. But reading interviews with band members talking about something that may or may not happen (and I am likely more in the latter camp given previous release history) is not something I am likely to extract much humour from. May I suggest Monty Python for that! 

Didn't you get humor yesterday, when Slash was asked about a GNR album and basically said "As far as Guns is concerned......in earnest......whole focused endeavor.......we have no new songs"

Just enjoy the amount of ways these people can subtly tell you there is no new album, whilst not actually letting the cat out of the bag.

38 minutes ago, Pele said:

Didn't you get humor yesterday, when Slash was asked about a GNR album and basically said "As far as Guns is concerned......in earnest......whole focused endeavor.......we have no new songs"

Just enjoy the amount of ways these people can subtly tell you there is no new album, whilst not actually letting the cat out of the bag.

I do not find this funny, no! Check oot Brass Eye if ya want a good laugh pal. Outrageous!

On 10/31/2021 at 8:53 AM, kingcanyon said:

ngl i thought it would be a bit more exciting

Halloween always seemed like Axl's favorite holiday the way those parties from the 90's were written about. Felt like he threw them to tap into a bit of his childhood and provide a memorable experience for the children who would come.