Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

58 minutes ago, Ratam said:

"His mother" just is 5 or 6 years old that Axl is....

Axl's mother was 16 years older and his stepfather was actually only 14 years older than himself.

So he's not that far off.

You can thank our own @Blackstarand @Lumikkifor doing some extensive research. 

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Axl's mother was 16 years older and his stepfather was actually only 14 years older than himself.

So he's not that far off.

You can thank our own @Blackstarand @Lumikkifor doing some extensive research. 

I understand, but Beta is just 5 or 6 years old more, she would be he sister, never him "mother". This is my point .

8 hours ago, LAGuns87 said:

In one photo he is wearing a mask, a hat and dark sun glasses. The others they have taken behind his back "quick before he notices!". LOL.

Some people especially celebrities like to hide behind hats and now Covid masks. It works. Not only hides your identity but very effectively hides wrinkles, double chins, yellow teeth and no makeup. I see a lot of women and men use these masks effectively 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

On 9/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl has referred to her as his mother previously, which is weird - but i get it. We all know Axl had a terrible childhood and went through some tough shit. It wouldn't surprise me if Beta also supported him during some dark times (potentially even saving his life), and we see how deeply he was affected by her support in his speech as Rock in Rio 2001.

Beta and her family have been a constant in Axl's life since he and Stephanie Seymour broke up in 1993. She was there during his recluse period in the 1990s when it seemed like he went through a whole lot of personal anguish and all through the 2000s when the weight of recording and releasing Chinese Democracy beared down on him.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:00 PM, MrSoftie said:

I know it's been said a million times before but if Axl dressed like that on stage he'd look so much more.. Axl.

He should just always wear a bandana. Really the perfect trademark. Hides the receding hairline and creates instant recognizability. When he wore that on some gigs in 2009 he looked exactly as you'd expect an aged UYI Axl to look like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LAGuns87 said:

He should just always wear a bandana. Really the perfect trademark. Hides the receding hairline and creates instant recognizability. When he wore that on some gigs in 2009 he looked exactly as you'd expect an aged UYI Axl to look like.

Totally. I thought AXL/DC was pretty close to that.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, mystery said:

Beta and her family have been a constant in Axl's life since he and Stephanie Seymour broke up in 1993. She was there during his recluse period in the 1990s when it seemed like he went through a whole lot of personal anguish and all through the 2000s when the weight of recording and releasing Chinese Democracy beared down on him.

Exactly, I know we tend to complain a lot about TB but seriously without their support to Axl then who knows if he would even be here? He obviously went through multiple dark phases in his life since the 90’s and people like them, and Del James, have surely propped up Axl’s mental well-being so many times. Not to say they have been perfect, far from it, but he needed someone on his side right?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Hasn't this always been the case, that Axl uses g n' r outlets for personal messages, like for example the ending of the don't cry-video?

I understand, but my take is it isn't should be "Personal message",.cause this tour all they was involved in same level.

30 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I understand, but my take is it isn't should be "Personal message",.cause this tour all they was involved in same level.

He posted it on his personal twitter account and Slash posted his own message on his own account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1