Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

But it has 797M retweets. It must be real :lol:

i think it was axl but he deleted it to try and trick us even though i thought he said no trickery. i think this could be an album tease or something like that

https://www.instagram.com/stories/miki_axlrose_fan/2738807139827134688/

say what you want but i think something's going to happen.

Edited by kingcanyon

9 hours ago, Ratam said:

Wtf axl still like live there!  He has lot money to live in everywhere  wish.

"Been here so long he's got to calling it home."

I would have sold after that last big fire that came close to there. :lol:  Looks like that area had been worked on before this.  Maybe poor workmanship or new construction.  Scary but it didn't look that bad.  Or I should say wasn't a hillside that came down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucketmaster101 said:

Anyone check out Melissa's Instagram post for new year? One of the comments says "Bring back....BRAIN" and she has responded saying "things are in the worxxx..." (I hate myself for having typed that as it appears). 

Just thought I'd share for discussions sake. 

Peace!

Who's Brain? 

1 minute ago, jimisbatman said:

Who's Brain? 

He was (maybe still is? It's all a bit weird) the drummer for GNR. 

He played live from 2001-2006 where he left mid tour as his wife gave birth I think. Then he pretty much never came back. He's still credited on Chinese Democracy etc. and still seems to have some involvement in the creative side of the band but I know it's a topic that has been discussed previously as to how involved he actually remains in GNR-land. 

2 hours ago, bucketmaster101 said:

Anyone check out Melissa's Instagram post for new year? One of the comments says "Bring back....BRAIN" and she has responded saying "things are in the worxxx..." (I hate myself for having typed that as it appears). 

Just thought I'd share for discussions sake. 

Peace!

She probably meant some kind of collaboration between Melissa and Brain. Him rejoining GNR seems unlikely, as the band seems to be happy with frank 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

She probably meant some kind of collaboration between Melissa and Brain. Him rejoining GNR seems unlikely, as the band seems to be happy with frank 

Certainly possible, although the account that commented was specifically a GNR fan account (apologies that I can't recall the exact Insta handle). Also, they (Melissa and Brain) have of course just released their Festive collaboration album which was also referenced in the comment. 

I agree that it is remarkably unlikely that Brain would return to the fold in any full-time capacity but just thought I'd flag as it seems we are (as is often the case) starved for any meaningful news! 

All the best! 

Edited by bucketmaster101
Typo
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, Ratam said:

I understand that Malibu is a beautiful place, but he is in permanent risk to live there.

I don't know about beautiful.  Malibu is one of those places the rich invaded, Hollywood people, and turned into houses and telephone poles.  I'm sure it was pretty before that.  Every where has it's dangers.  They don't have alligators.  :lol:  Axl probably has other places and that's just base.  He's not home enough to worry about him there.

On 1/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, Ratam said:

I understand that Malibu is a beautiful place, but he is in permanent risk to live there.

It's been that way for a while and will probably get worse in the future. There were bad wildfires in 1996 that came close to his property.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

He even mentioned them in the letter to Mtv about Slash and Guns. 

It was within the week of Slash leaving in late October so it must have been a bad week for Axl. He's had that place for 30 years now so I guess it's not a problem. I'm sure he can or is able to get another place. 

Didn't Axl rent some penthouse in New York City that he never used?

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

It was within the week of Slash leaving in late October so it must have been a bad week for Axl. He's had that place for 30 years now so I guess it's not a problem. I'm sure he can or is able to get another place. 

Didn't Axl rent some penthouse in New York City that he never used?

I wouldn't put it past him.