Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/17/2021 at 11:18 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I wonder if he did that on purpose because he knew he wouldn't be able to come. That's super amateur either way, they should've opened it to whatever date he was available.

What a stupid little cunt he is XD

On 1/17/2021 at 9:05 AM, jamillos said:

Reminds me of that scene in the Steve Jobs movie where Jeff Daniels is explaining the selling off of the SuperBowl TV Ad and (paraphrasing) said, "I told them to try but I wouldn't be too upset if they couldn't get it done."

Seems like that was the attitude of the entire band. "Try but if it doesn't work out -meh, fuck 'em."

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLW4WLinIq2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The new Myles Kennedy solo record is called "The Ides of March".

I feel like a recognize that title from somewhere, but I can't quite place it... :axl92:

That is such a specific title that it almost has to be on purpose, or am I overthinking things again? :shrugs:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I feel like a recognize that title from somewhere, but I can't quite place it... :axl92:

That is such a specific title that it almost has to be on purpose, or am I overthinking things again? :shrugs:

Yes you are...there's an Iron Maiden track called "The Ides of March", for example. :D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Who titles their album 'The Ides of March' and doesn't release it on the ides of March? Missed opportunity.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, youngswedishvinyl said:

Eh, yeah over thinking big time there! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

No he didn't. He evaded the question. 

not what i would call "evade".

s.o. asked him:" did you record new music with gn'r for the upcoming tour?" and fortus replied: "when we tour, we play the music live."

well, of course - as it's fortus - you can take this with a shitload of salt, as anytime when he's talking about new music, but... hm, well....

Edited by ZODIAC

It comes across like he thought the person was asking about pre-recorded backing tapes. And he’s responding “no we haven’t recorded new backing tapes - when we play it’s all live” !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

not what i would call "evade".

s.o. asked him:" did you record new music with gn'r for the upcoming tour?" and fortus replied: "when we tour, we play the music live."

well, of course - as it's fortus - you can take this with a shitload of salt, as anytime when he's talking about new music, but... hm, well....

That doesn't mean anything.

People apart from the holy trinity should stop giving interviews, because this is seriously frustrating. 

Aka from "we've got two – no, wait – that's four records coming this year" all the way to "when we tour, we play the music live".
What? 

Edited by jamillos

• 2 weeks later...

How can you not hear this news and feel like 80's music just took a hit?

Julie E. “Tawny” Kitaen, who famously appeared in several music videos for the rock group Whitesnake in the ‘80s, has died. The Orange County, Calif. coroner’s office, which listed her as Tawny Finley, stated that she died at her home in Newport Beach on Friday morning, but a cause of death has not been revealed. She was 59.