Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrMojo said:

They're cursed when it comes to rir, always some issue. The exception being 2001 and 91.

Well when you think about it, 2001 wasn't Axl's best form (HoB was better), and there were a lot of fuck-ups (like Patience). As for 91, that was great, but Axl wasn't in the best vocal form either, which was particularly evident on the first night, where he couldn't handle certain parts that he normally would (granted many of the songs were new). Still, an awesome gig with an unbelievable atmosphere. 

On 8/28/2021 at 2:04 PM, Pskihq92 said:

https://we.tl/t-VRoClKgrro

this is the video of them rehearsing Hard Skool that was on Meegan's IG story for at least 2 hours last night

Edit: it was 2 sections of story.. 30 seconds or so with audio and video of the hardschool breakdown/ bridge. Mods delete if not allowed

This is not a rehearsal.  That is a studio version of the song that it sounds like someone recorded.  Those are the exact vocals from the original leak with new guitar parts and Duff signing “too Hard School” in the chorus.

I really like what Slash/Duff have added to the song but that sounds like someone had their phone out and recorded someone playing the final version.  

100% though that is not a rehearsal…it is a recording of a studio version with a reworked arrangement and instrumentals but keeping Acl’s original vocals.

I love it snd can’t wait to hear a clean version…

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, dude69 said:

This is not a rehearsal.  That is a studio version of the song that it sounds like someone recorded.  Those are the exact vocals from the original leak with new guitar parts and Duff signing “too Hard School” in the chorus.

I really like what Slash/Duff have added to the song but that sounds like someone had their phone out and recorded someone playing the final version.  

100% though that is not a rehearsal…it is a recording of a studio version with a reworked arrangement and instrumentals but keeping Acl’s original vocals.

I love it snd can’t wait to hear a clean version…

It's the rehearsal from Fenway Park that's the instrumental and a fan added the vocals from the Village Leak on top of it to get a better idea of how the final studio version is going to sound like!

I happen to really like this edit, I think it sounds cool!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

It's the rehearsal from Fenway Park that's the instrumental and a fan added the vocals from the Village Leak on top of it to get a better idea of how the final studio version is going to sound like!

I happen to really like this edit, I think it sounds cool!

Ah.  Got it.  It sounds awesome and I hope the final version is close to that.

• Like 1

Please don't ban me lol that was an accident. Meant to update it recently and must have used the wrong link. It is once again the video meegan shared

3 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

lol No. 

They were right. I goofed lol had the rehearsal with studio vox mixed in up for a day or so 

1 hour ago, Pskihq92 said:

Please don't ban me lol that was an accident. Meant to update it recently and must have used the wrong link. It is once again the video meegan shared

They were right. I goofed lol had the rehearsal with studio vox mixed in up for a day or so 

0200 min mark. Axl going "Aye, aye, aye" I can't hear this from the leaked versions?! 

4 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

That "Aye" must be something from the soundcheck, doesn't sound like it's coming from the voice track.

I noticed that too. I wonder if it will be on the studio release.

I really like Slash's breakdown(s) Even more than the one in the Village version. (Never thought I'd say that)

wish slash would use a more aggressive rhythm tone, like what he used on "Nothing to Say"

However, Slashs solo during the "calm" part was great. The original leaked solo may have been good too, but IIRC there were two solos on top of each other that turned into a indiscernible mush

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Watched a special on AXS last night. They had a special about the "Rainbow" room in LA. Of course there was a segment on GNR.

This is one of the last of the rock and roll clubs in the US now. I'm so glad they are keeping rock alive. The show had Ozzy, Slash and Gene Simmons among others talking about the 80's and how cool it was for rock back then.

The family that owns the Rainbow still has rock acts play there as well as many bands from the 80's.  It's great to know they are keeping rock alive.

Gene Simmons talked about how many acts from the 60's to the 80's are icons now and said how many bands today won't last as long as acts from back then. He's right about that.

• Like 2