06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

What was it like in the past? If I'm remembering correctly every time they played something new during soundcheck they didn't play it on the same show but on the next, right?

Not every song got played. Perfect Crime was rehearsed in Lima 2016 (without Axl) but never got played. There's video of it. 

I'm sure they'll play it tomorrow. In the past, those soundchecks were maybe the first time they rehearsed that song. Slither may have been rehearsed during the entire last month.

4 minutes ago, NovemberPain said:

Not every song got played. Perfect Crime was rehearsed in Lima 2016 (without Axl) but never got played. There's video of it. 

I'm sure they'll play it tomorrow. In the past, those soundchecks were maybe the first time they rehearsed that song. Slither may have been rehearsed during the entire last month.

hopefully it will become a staple on their set

11 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

What was it like in the past? If I'm remembering correctly every time they played something new during soundcheck they didn't play it on the same show but on the next, right?

Last year they had soundchecked Black Hole Sun before the Slane Castle show (which was the first of the Euro leg after a long break) and they played it right away. 

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Also on the soundcheck for the first show in Vegas, they rehearsed Coma and played it the same day

37 minutes ago, alfierose said:

With all respect to Weiland he's not going to be singing it again. If Slash and Duff want VR tracks to be heard live again to a wide audience then Axl is their best option. Personally I think it's a song that may sit well vocally with him. Hopefully we will find out tomorrow.

I am glad they are going to play it. I wanted them to play it in 2016. My enjoyment of it will be strictly on the instrument part. I try to tune out Axl's voice as much as I can as it is absolutely cringe worthy. 

It is a great song and I will be looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's a gesture of acknowledgement and respect for Slash's and Duff's work outside GnR on Axl's part, also a gesture in return for them playing CD songs. Given what had been said between them for years and Axl's idiosyncrasies, it's a big step for him. He had agreed to include Slither in the alt. setlist when the tour started, but probably he didn't feel ready yet.

Agree every word , nice homage to his bandmate's

• Like 1

While this seems like a cool thing, once again, Guns N’ Roses avoids this opportunity to play their own rarely played songs, or heaven forbid, a brand new song.

I’m hoping when they do actually play the gig, they mix it up more than just adding a cover of Slither.

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If Axl was singing on it at soundcheck then it’s 99% going to be played live. Coma and Catcher both were added the same way. Axl wouldn’t bother showing up if he wasn’t gonna sing it, ala Oh My God or Perfect Crime.

It seems likely. Wasn't black hole sun also rehearsed with Axl and added to the setlist?