Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I'm in for the Super Deluxe version atvthe very least. I convinced myself I could treat myself to the whole thing at 650 but at 1000 I'm not sure. 

I happen to love the art that comes with it and those Lithos will be a great addition to the few I've picked up from concerts but that price is making me cry.

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

49 unreleased tracks... well to get to that number you got to count the BluRay that just includes duplicates. Nice marketing.

The only true unrelesased tracks are these:

1. Welcome To The Jungle (1986 Sound City Session)
  2. Nightrain (1986 Sound City Session)
  3. Out Ta Get Me (1986 Sound City Session)
  4. Paradise City (1986 Sound City Session)
  5. My Michelle (1986 Sound City Session)
  6. Think About You (1986 Sound City Session)
  7. You’re Crazy (1986 Sound City Session)
  8. Anything Goes (1986 Sound City Session)
  9. Rocket Queen (1986 Sound City Session)
  10. Shadow Of Your Love (1986 Sound City Session)
  11. Heartbreak Hotel (1986 Sound City Session)
  12. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (1986 Sound City Session)
  1. Shadow Of Your Love
  2. Move To The City (1986 Sound City Session)
  3. Ain’t Goin’ Down No More (Instrumental Version – 1986 Sound City Session)
  4. The Plague (1986 Sound City Session)
  5. Nice Boys (1986 Sound City Session)
  6. Back Off Bitch (1986 Sound City Session)
  7. Reckless Life (1986 Sound City Session)
  8. Mama Kin (1986 Sound City Session)
  9. New Work Tune (1986 Sound City Session)
  10. November Rain (Piano Version – 1986 Sound City Session))
  11. Move To The City (Acoustic Version – 1986 Sound City Session)
  12. You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version – 1986 Sound City Session)
  13. November Rain (Acoustic Version – 1986 Sound City Session)
  14. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Acoustic Version – 1986 Sound City Session)
  15. Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)

So that's 27 truly unreleased tracks. And if you want to count tracks that weren't demos of songs to be included in future albums:

The Plague

New Work Tune

Jumpin' Jack Flash (acoustic)

Jumpin' Jack Flash (electric)

Shadow of your Love

Shadow of your Love (1986 Sound City Session)

Heartbreak Hotel.

Ain't Goin' Down No More (instrumental)

So... 8 "rare tracks", 2 being unheard before.

That's not bad if you are trully interested on AFD demos and some UYI ones, but I really prefer to hear the final versions. So no purchase for me this time.

I really like that single version of Shadow of Your Love though

• Like 1

Just now, BOSSY78 said:

I'm in for the Super Deluxe version. I convinced myself I could treat myself to the whole thing at 650 but at 1000 I'm not sure. 

I happen to love the art that comes with it and those Lithos will be a great addition to the few I've picked up from concerts but that price is making me cry.

I'm sort of in the same boat.  I was actually going to consider the $650 because the cabinet is cool..would be a cool addition to my man cave, etc....but I don't think I can justify spending $1k on it.  :shrugs:

Admittedly, $1000 is more than I had anticipated. That said, many are crying bloody murder like it's an absolute fortune. In today's world, $1000 ain't that damn much. Hell, we live in a world where people with limited means spend hundreds of dollars on basketball shoes whenever they are released.

I'll bet many of these same complainers spent $500 or more just to see one of the NITL shows. That lasted 1 night for 2 to 3.5 hours depending upon the show you went to. But this limited edition is a collectible that will last as long as you can take care of it. With everything that's included in it, I'm not surprised it's quite pricey. I'm sure it was primarily intended for the super fans that can afford it and are willing to spend for it. If that's not you, cool. Don't buy it. But I'll bet anything that they sell out all 10K of them. So they really aren't that stupid, are they?

I don't know why some believe they should be obligated to sell merchandise at a fraction of what they can actually get for it. That makes no sense. We can hate reality all we want. But it is what it is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

The Lithos will also attract buyers.

I know people are looking at the price but I've known people to pay good money to get their hands on Lithos they wanted. Collectors of the Lithos will be jumping on this. 

I once cringed at a friend who paid a few hundred for a Litho just because of the artwork. Of course he generally is able to get them at concerts he attends at a decent price. Those Ebayers suck.

Thinking of the face value of Lithos at concerts and add into the fact that there is only one way to get these and they've never been released to the public easily they will enjoy this. 

I think at 650 they would have sold out very fast. 

I'm into lithos and think these are neat but they arent nearly as alluring as a show one. 10000 of these boxes are going out. Thats a ton

1 minute ago, action said:

it sucks that there isn't a live concert from that time included. demos and sessions can't replicate the raw energy of a live concert, at which guns excelled.

back to shitty bootlegs, I guess

All in good time...over next 10 years I suspect a lot more stuff is gonna come...this is the beginning....

• Like 2

Shadow sounds good. Wouldn't mind them dusting it off for the upcoming Euro leg. I don't know why people think release has any bearing on future original material being released. This is just something to tide people over while Axl/DC and Slash's solo take over 2019.

Why is the Shadow single not on Apple Music yet?