3 hours ago, edsonandhudson said:

I never expected much from these guys. They were all barely educated drug users who had certain music talent and faces pretty enough to get heavy promotion to become stars. They released one good album and a double album mixing amazing songs with barely listenable self-indulgent shit.

Goddammit. That was harsh but you ain’t wrong. :(

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

I understand where you are coming from, but then again...take a look at their audiences! Stupid morons with beer bellys, white trash soccer moms, hipsters and the champagne crowd. All either wanting to re-live their past or just see and be seen. And they all know about five songs. The actual fans who care deeply about the music make about 10% of their audience nowadays, at best. Gotta work with what you have. If this was my business I'd run it exactly as they do, except for better merchandise and a more respectful communication towards the actual fans.

This too. 

I was laughing at first with this gnair thing, thought it was ridiculous and stupid (still think it is) but now is depressing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edsonandhudson said:

Ridiculous. There's no other word to describe this.

I never expected much from these guys. They were all barely educated drug users who had certain music talent and faces pretty enough to get heavy promotion to become stars. They released one good album and a double album mixing amazing songs with barely listenable self-indulgent shit.

Then Axl created his own GNR and took decades to release another sub-par and self-indulgent album filled with synth farts and lacking any organic and memorable music. Then he hired DJ Ashba.

For years now, music is not GNR's main focus. It's cheap, pathetic merchandise from genius manager Fernando, the guy that always pays us a visit when he has something new to sell or needs to do some damage control after some stupidity is said/done in GNR ccamp.

To everyone in here who still gives their money to GNR somehow: Shame on you. The best GNR stuff you get nowadays is either free or leaked. You can do whatever you want with your money but yeah, I'd feel stupid for paying anything coming from GNR, even new music.

They don't own me shit, I don't have to buy any forced labour cheap merchandise shit they make but it's still kinda insulting.

NIN just finished a trilogy of EPs with a new release that's being praised as one of their best yet. 30 years in his career and Trent Reznor keeps pushing. In 3 nights of the new tour, they played 43 different songs. Their merch feels like an extension of the art from the albums. It's purpose IS making money, no doubt, but it feels legitimate, at least.

GNR is pathetic. Those who support them are not much better. @Fernando surely will join us soon for some damage control or sell something new.

*Standing Ovation*

.....your point on NIN actually depresses me.

Trent is so fucking creative, so fucking driven, so in-tune with the fan base.

We have Axl, and then we have Fernando.

• Like 2

I still don't get wtf this is all about?? Ugly useless merch that nobody needs??? Or will they actually fly people to destinations?? This is so weird and underwhelming... I am a GN'R fan because their music touches my heart and makes me happy, but this?? Man whats going on??

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, James Bond said:

At least they didn’t name it the Nightrain. I wouldn’t want to board something that’s ready to crash and burn.

Actually, I wouldn’t board this anyways.

And has a specie crisis, a plane confusing itself with a train?

Sounds like a synopsis for Thomas the Tank Engine

• Like 1

I don't see how this is so anger inducing. It's a massive band selling silly merch because they can. It's no different than when Metallica sold expensive coolers with their names on them, AC/DC sold expensive coffee table books and neckties and Kiss selling anything they can with their name on it. Hell, Pearl Jam sold backpacks and toys at one time. It's stupid merch that I would never buy, but to call fans idiots is pathetic! We all want new music, but this venture has nothing to do with that. 

Just catching up on this and I am baffled. Completely and utterly baffled.

The one thing that popped into my head is... wasn't there something about one of the $1000 boxes containing some sort of "golden opportunity"? Can't remember where I read that. Possibly the big thread on the box releases.

So... if there is indeed such a thing, maybe it's tied in with this? And anyone who doesn't get that "golden opportunity" can spend more money buying merch?

I'm likely to be completely wrong here, but if this isn't tied in with anything, then I dunno, man... I just don't know anymore. :facepalm:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And has a specie crisis, a plane confusing itself with a train?

Sounds like a synopsis for Thomas the Tank Engine

Don’t give them any ideas...

Ride the Nightrain at Guns N’ Roses Land. Stay on site at our luxurious Appetite Resort. Cave to hunger at our world famous Spaghetti Incident eatery.

Bringing the kids? Be sure to take advantage of a photo op with Mickey Mouse:

Reservations are non-refundable. We keep your wallets Pretty Tied Up.

• Haha 4

I can say without doubt that I will never board any plane being operated by GNR :lol: No offense to anyone in Guns but this is definitely a big fat no from me. Even if it were a long haul flight and they promised me a seat next to Izzy I'd still not be boarding that plane lol.

1 hour ago, Juventino said:

So, is it 'watch us fly around Europe in our private jet with Instagram photos and while you're at it, go buy that new shirt!'?

And wear a pair of our aviator sunglasses and look like a pilot!. Maybe this is a precursor to them being on the top gun 2 soundtrack :facepalm:. Maiden promoted their plane thingy  years ago.....i emphasis the word 10 years ago.

Sunglasses Ray-Ban Aviator Pete Maverick (Tom Cruise) in Top Gun

15 hours ago, Kittiara said:

Just catching up on this and I am baffled. Completely and utterly baffled.

The one thing that popped into my head is... wasn't there something about one of the $1000 boxes containing some sort of "golden opportunity"? Can't remember where I read that. Possibly the big thread on the box releases.

So... if there is indeed such a thing, maybe it's tied in with this? And anyone who doesn't get that "golden opportunity" can spend more money buying merch?

I'm likely to be completely wrong here, but if this isn't tied in with anything, then I dunno, man... I just don't know anymore. :facepalm:

Ooo good shout!

Maybe they fly a plane full of fans to a shit gig and meet the band if you buy merch.

No fucking thanks

• Like 1

The good thing is that the band or management is working hard. Really hard. Creative and diligent. Just not at making and releasing music but instead on churning out bizarre merchandise, one after the other. The box set is full of new products, all kinds of weird little trinkets and replica of memorabilia. A cornucopia of crap. The upside is that if all this work, this dedication and creativity, could be directed towards music rather than useless shit, then everything would be great for us. So it is a matter of focus. They could be releasing new music every year! Hopefully with better quality than all this merchandise crap, because it really is pathetic.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Juventino said:

So, is it 'watch us fly around Europe in our private jet with Instagram photos and while you're at it, go buy that new shirt!'?

That looks to be the long and short of it for now.

GNR seem to forget that Metallica can do this shit. But they can do it by releasing new music and then loads of other shit. They are jealous of their peers and to scared to release anything. St anger came out and flopped like Chinese, but they carried on and make enough money to buy their catalogue back... Meaning they pretty much get 100% of each album sale. 

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Still trying to make sense out of this.

I wonder if there is some mileage (pun intended) in the Top Gun 2 soundtrack? It would make enough sense for me to cut them some slack over this but really you would require the soundtrack info up front to join up the dots. Otherwise it's as someone else said, a case of watch us jet around the world and buy some merch related to something you'll all never experience.

3 hours ago, angriestwhopper said:

GNR seem to forget that Metallica can do this shit. But they can do it by releasing new music and then loads of other shit. They are jealous of their peers and to scared to release anything. St anger came out and flopped like Chinese, but they carried on and make enough money to buy their catalogue back... Meaning they pretty much get 100% of each album sale. 

Metallica also has the advantage of treating their fans really fucking well (the Napster debacle being a slight blip but I'd say they came out on the right side of history there.)

I think when it comes to this band, if you find yourself thinking 'this couldn't possibly be as lame as it looks, there has to be more to it' ...it probably is and there probably isn't. This  really is just stupid merch and hashtags about their plane.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3