1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Is that the stuff Fernando was so stoked about?? That kid clearly has a different kind of interests.

Not just this though, he was clearly also excited about the $1000 boxed set!

• Haha 1

Why do I get the idea that Fernando's management style is essentially him going "Man, you know what'd be fucking cool?" and throwing money at it?

"Hey, you know what'd be cool? If we announced a remaster the same way we originally announced the partial reunion, with vague posters! Except this time we'll include Izzy and Steven on the posters to get people talking!"

"Hey, you know what'd be awesome? Let's create some kind of fucking airline and be vague as all hell about it! Not only that, but we'll even allow people to preorder $15 badges online!"

Can we get some training for GNR management to actually behave more like proper managers? Maybe get the guys into a studio and lock them in for a few months or at least get an interview with Axl, Slash and Duff. Fans don't give a shit about these stupid gimmicks Fernando and Team Brazil keep serving us. We want new music or at least some fucking interviews.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edsonandhudson said:

Ridiculous. There's no other word to describe this.

I never expected much from these guys. They were all barely educated drug users who had certain music talent and faces pretty enough to get heavy promotion to become stars. They released one good album and a double album mixing amazing songs with barely listenable self-indulgent shit.

Then Axl created his own GNR and took decades to release another sub-par and self-indulgent album filled with synth farts and lacking any organic and memorable music. Then he hired DJ Ashba.

For years now, music is not GNR's main focus. It's cheap, pathetic merchandise from genius manager Fernando, the guy that always pays us a visit when he has something new to sell or needs to do some damage control after some stupidity is said/done in GNR ccamp.

To everyone in here who still gives their money to GNR somehow: Shame on you. The best GNR stuff you get nowadays is either free or leaked. You can do whatever you want with your money but yeah, I'd feel stupid for paying anything coming from GNR, even new music.

They don't own me shit, I don't have to buy any forced labour cheap merchandise shit they make but it's still kinda insulting.

NIN just finished a trilogy of EPs with a new release that's being praised as one of their best yet. 30 years in his career and Trent Reznor keeps pushing. In 3 nights of the new tour, they played 43 different songs. Their merch feels like an extension of the art from the albums. It's purpose IS making money, no doubt, but it feels legitimate, at least.

GNR is pathetic. Those who support them are not much better. @Fernando surely will join us soon for some damage control or sell something new.

I understand where you are coming from, but then again...take a look at their audiences! Stupid morons with beer bellys, white trash soccer moms, hipsters and the champagne crowd. All either wanting to re-live their past or just see and be seen. And they all know about five songs. The actual fans who care deeply about the music make about 10% of their audience nowadays, at best. Gotta work with what you have. If this was my business I'd run it exactly as they do, except for better merchandise and a more respectful communication towards the actual fans.

I want new music as much as anyone, but I wouldn't mind them "leaking" it through other channels just to bypass the industry and make a ton of money with concerts. I love this band, but I won't attend any more shows or buy any merch until they signal loud and clear that they love me back.

That new box set? They can so shove it, I have AFD on a worn out CD and on vinyl and about 20 years ago I got me a bootleg named "Outta The Vaults/Make My Day" containing basically every rare track from the box incl. the live version of OIAM. I don't need any slave labor plastic yadayada to feel more connected with this band.

To me, this whole GNAIR thing is just absolutely decadent and disgraceful on all levels. Looks like their manager or whoever is in charge of this is in dire need of a reality check.

All but Izzy and Steven buried their artistic integrity to go on this tour. I was just hoping for them to ride off into the sunset with a little more style.

Yes, this is the most random thing you can imagine for a rock n' roll band. If they would be a bit more creative I would love to see the 'safety instructions video' though. Put 'Knockin' on heavens door' underneath it as a warning in case of an emergency :lol: 

da48ed0f9c3ea8cfaf435f3aaa06b592.jpg

Edited by Feibo