"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, BucketEgg said:

Sometimes I wonder if the other GnR members occasionally peek into this forum without signing up for an account.

In the early days of the internet, I’m sure celebrities would occasionally dip into message boards and read comments and indulge in curiosity. But as the 2010s rolled on, and the internet spiralled into a sprawling toxic mess of hatred, psychopathy, vitriol, and bilge, I imagine the majority now just spare themselves the misery and stay off it. 

Slash might read a few instagram comments from time to time. Duff too. Axl I reckon is under strict instruction from TB and his therapist to completely avoid the comment section, haha. Tbh I reckon these hardcore fan forums are the last place they’d want to look. 

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

In the early days of the internet, I’m sure celebrities would occasionally dip into message boards and read comments and indulge in curiosity. But as the 2010s rolled on, and the internet spiralled into a sprawling toxic mess of hatred, psychopathy, vitriol, and bilge, I imagine the majority now just spare themselves the misery and stay off it. 

Slash might read a few instagram comments from time to time. Duff too. Axl I reckon is under strict instruction from TB and his therapist to completely avoid the comment section, haha. Tbh I reckon these hardcore fan forums are the last place they’d want to look. 

I don't think Slash, Axl, and Duff are coming here. Maybe someone from Team Brazil to monitor the chatter going on here (e.g. if someone is brazen enough to break forum rules and post leaks.)

Maybe Fortus, Melissa, Dizzy, and Frank might peek in from time to time, or they're also avoiding this place to also save themselves from the psychological damage.

Izzy probably has better things to do than to watch us talk shit. Steven, maybe? But I also feel like Steven has stuff to do.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I don't think Slash, Axl, and Duff are coming here. Maybe someone from Team Brazil to monitor the chatter going on here (e.g. if someone is brazen enough to break forum rules and post leaks.)

Maybe Fortus, Melissa, Dizzy, and Frank might peek in from time to time, or they're also avoiding this place to also save themselves from the psychological damage.

Izzy probably has better things to do than to watch us talk shit. Steven, maybe? But I also feel like Steven has stuff to do.

I think IF anyone is looking it's Axl or someone from the Axl team. I would assume all the rest of them have no interest and think we're all losers😄 

It would be kinda insane for a band not to at least monitor their largest fan forum, unofficial or not it is the largest gathering of GNR fans online, so! if they needed to gauge the temperature coming on here would answering any and all their fan related questions.

I don't think they are all that concerned though. They are still doing relatively good business so pleasing this section of the fanbase is far below their priority levels.

• Like 1

Have you ever seen footage of Guns N Roses playing a show in the rain? I want to see if I can hunt for it, if I know such footage exists, (or if you know the video's title for it.) It's hard to look for a rain-show though, because of  all the November Rains in the search results.

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

Have you ever seen footage of Guns N Roses playing a show in the rain? I want to see if I can hunt for it, if I know such footage exists, (or if you know the video's title for it.) It's hard to look for a rain-show though, because of  all the November Rains in the search results.

image.png.6476d4e55a83f60887bab12c66b497a0.png

Rock in Rio IV

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Had a dream last night that The General was released .... RIP to me when I smarter than me up 

Uhhh why is w-o-k-e being automatically turned into "smarter than me" ???

yeah... we don't type that word around here.

3 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I think that Colombia 92.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 9:32 AM, El Guapo said:

This is a million times better than GnR have been for a long time. Sad but true.

Thanks for posting that, Adler does sound great still like it is crazy how he can invoke the same vibe with that drum groove that really makes it feel Appetite-esque.  I don't know what I find more of a shame, that he hasn't done more with GNR since the reunion or that his projects usually just are GNR cover bands and he never found the right band of creatives post-GNR

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Had a dream last night that The General was released .... RIP to me when I smarter than me up 

Uhhh why is w-o-k-e being automatically turned into "smarter than me" ???

It was done for a laugh, no malice intended

8 minutes ago, gjezzen said:

Matt sorum is playing the same day as Gnr at copenhell.🫣🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I think at this point he’s done enough trash talking so that ship has sailed I’d guess 

• Like 3