The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

I think we just need another leakfest, clear the vaults and let the band release a new album when and if they choose. Who’s with me? 

100% with you!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
37 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Yep, I think you’re right.

I think we just need another leakfest, clear the vaults and let the band release a new album when and if they choose. Who’s with me? 

I'd love to have several more discs leak of what was done up to 2006, which is approximately 2.5 albums worth of material according to Axl in his 2006 Eddie Trunk interview. Or better yet, material similar to this in volume but before Bumblefoot recorded anything. 

History shows additional leaks are probable, if not likely. Even if not, we very-well could get all of that as some sort of deluxe CD anniversary re-release or something in 2028 or whatever. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Yep, I think you’re right.

Sign me up! Now - we just need to work out how to get the songs leaked 😂

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think a 2010 album leak would be likely if anything else leaks. Always been intrigued by Seven and Thyme 

That album needs to leak on Christmas Day if nothing concrete  regarding new material emerges from GNR in 2020.

#TheNextChapter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
23 hours ago, betterman said:

Hmmm...The t-rex tribute just came out including Keshas version of Children of the revolution, U2 feat. Elton John doing Get it on and so on. GNR were largely rumored to have their own new version of Children of the revolution here, but as always no GNR to be seen. 

Several sources claim to know that this track was specifically recorded by reformed GNR and to be included on the (then) upcoming T rex tribute.

Even if this were true, the last thing I want from GnR is yet another cover.

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Even if this were true, the last thing I want from GnR is yet another cover.

It's a take what you can get scenario. If there's only scraps, I'll eat scraps.

• Like 1

Axl is creatively bankrupt and has been for years. I think people are really delusional about what newly written music is gonna sound like from a 60 year old Axl, compared to his past material. The best to hope for would be a release of everything in the vault, which I’d be very happy with. Hopefully they are reworking some old Axl tunes and not making some stupid “Rock or Bust” type generic ac/dc type album. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Axl is creatively bankrupt and has been for years. I think people are really delusional about what newly written music is gonna sound like from a 60 year old Axl, compared to his past material. The best to hope for would be a release of everything in the vault, which I’d be very happy with. Hopefully they are reworking some old Axl tunes and not making some stupid “Rock or Bust” type generic ac/dc type album. 

I enjoyed Rock or Bust.

Ronseal. That's what you want from ACDC.

• Haha 2
On 04/09/2020 at 2:25 PM, jamillos said:

Right, but that's rehearsing. Recording would involve sound engineers etc., and some people like going by the rules. And if I'm right, a mere glimpse of something like that might kill Axl's mood for the day or worse, and we may be in for a new SMKC record instead, with Axl locked up in his Malibu mansion for another year, just tweeting about politics...

Rehearsal studio has a recording studio upstairs

12 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

That album needs to leak on Christmas Day if nothing concrete  regarding new material emerges from GNR in 2020.

#TheNextChapter

If all of the rumors of a "turned in" rejected 2010 album are true, there is a possibility as I'd imagine such an album was circulated within the industry. 

• GNFNR 1

I’m positive that there’s people out there with cd-rs full of unreleased GNR tunes. They’re probably sitting on a shelf somewhere and not been dusted off for years. Nobody gives a shit but us.

We need to start an internet campaign or something like that. Maybe a contribution to a Covid or other charitable cause. If a few thousand GNR fans contributed the cost of a cd to a fund, made this publicly known. Someone somewhere would get wind and hook us up. Ok I’ve had too much coffee 😂

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well... Rock or bust was a bit of a vault album. Old material Angus and Malcom had written etc. 

Creatively bankrupt and Axl are said far too regularly around here. There is a big difference between not releasing music and being creatively bankrupt. According to people who interact with him, he is always writing and recording, so I think if anything he has too many creative ideas and he just needs to be focussed. 

There are also artists in their 60s still playing and creating great music. And that discussion was had a few months back, and people listed so, so many great older artist who have released great music in the last few years! One off the top of my head is Paul Simon, incredible live and if anything his songwriting just gets better and better.

If you or anyone else is going to set rules for what a new GNR record can be, you are just going to disappoint yourself. I am fully open to whatever form a new album takes. I'll listen to it, then listen again! only then will I decide if I like it or not. I'm not going to decide whether I like GNRs unreleased album before I hear it, or because I heard demos from 1999. 

Great post.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's quite difficult to take any view on Axl's creativity really as we have seen nothing in so long now. Perhaps he isn't creative at all, perhaps incredibly so. 

All we know for sure is that he doesn't want to share any of it. 

Fernando said in the chats on Reddit that since the release of Chinese, Axl has continued to write and create music, which is very good to know

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dean said:

Fernando said in the chats on Reddit that since the release of Chinese, Axl has continued to write and create music, which is very good to know

I was just about to mention that - he was asked quite specifically if Axl was still writing/creating and it was an confirmed. Unfortunately it becomes a case of whether anyone believes this or not.....I do but I’m just trying to remain positive!

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I was just about to mention that - he was asked quite specifically if Axl was still writing/creating and it was an confirmed. Unfortunately it becomes a case of whether anyone believes this or not.....I do but I’m just trying to remain positive!

Positivity is key my good man. Always hard to do when it comes to this band, but signs show that something is happening. Here’s hoping we’ve got a fruitful period ahead of us and Axl makes up for the lack of output over the years. Still a lot left in the tank!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dean said:

Positivity is key my good man. Always hard to do when it comes to this band, but signs show that something is happening. Here’s hoping we’ve got a fruitful period ahead of us and Axl makes up for the lack of output over the years. Still a lot left in the tank!

I know mate. There has been too many positive indicators to suggest we will get something.

And - if we don’t get anything....it’s not going to make me enjoy what we have any less and it’s not the end of the world! 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1