The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

23 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

It's not far off what you do Pele. Your opinions are based on sweet f.a. As people have said, tracks like Scraped and Shacklers prove your theories wrong. You base everything on the leaks, so pre 2019 presumably you would have said there is nothing left at all, no tracks. You didn't know certain tracks existed. 

If scraped wasn't on the album you'd have said it doesn't exist with vocals. If a new track title was revealed today you'd say it didn't have vox, and if a new song ever comes out you'll say it's either from 99 or you never said there weren't other songs with vox and backtrack. 

So do you think I'm wrong?

In which case, you think songs we haven't heard will actually come out?

Or you gonna say you don't know, maybe not - but I'll still be wrong?

I'm aware I'm offering an opinion.

What's your opinion?  New songs or Atlas/Perhaps?

1 hour ago, Pele said:

So do you think I'm wrong?

In which case, you think songs we haven't heard will actually come out?

Or you gonna say you don't know, maybe not - but I'll still be wrong?

I'm aware I'm offering an opinion.

What's your opinion?  New songs or Atlas/Perhaps?

Glad that your  admitting it as opinion, instead of trying to allude that you know more than the rest of us. The problem is that  your so adamant that your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong that you come off as a troll even though as you have just admitted it is just your opinion.

Edited by Wabby

Pele, is it purely the contents of the locker leaks which have led you to formulate this opinion? Or is it something more.

If it is just the locker leaks, we’d be hard pressed to believe that that there aren’t similar recordings in a similar state; some with vocals, some without.

Solely a guess, but I'm thinking we'll get an albums worth of material released as singles over the whole tour. Once they're done with that, they'll probably cobble it together as an "album" in an attempt to sell the same songs to fans a second or third time. They'll probably just name the end product something lame like "GnFnRs!" 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Solely a guess, but I'm thinking we'll get an albums worth of material released as singles over the whole tour. Once they're done with that, they'll probably cobble it together as an "album" in an attempt to sell the same songs to fans a second or third time. They'll probably just name the end product something lame like "GnFnRs!" 

Honestly I think that too.  And it wouldn't surprise me if every single that does come out, they will release "limited edition" physical vinyl AND then the full LP containing those same songs compiled, in an attempt to get fans to buy as many pieces of vinyl as possible lol.  That is my prediction that I am stating here so I can quote myself in the future and say "I told y'all this before" ha

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Sounds about right..  Lame as fuck.. But probable..

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sounds about right..  Lame as fuck.. But probable..

I think that too - but if they actually get that far, it'll be a hybrid of 'new' songs (Atlas/Perhaps/General/OMG) and re-worked GNR songs

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Man, you must have some kind of insider knowledge. I don’t know why but that sounds legit.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Apart from the name I like this approach to be honest!

In the best of worlds they'd release it like Hayley Williams did with her Petals For Armor LP, release two EPs with 4 songs and then put out the full record which contains those two EPs and 4 unheard songs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yes, that's what they'll probably do. Slash alluded to it, too, in the latest interview.

EDIT: I probably didn't get the gist of your post, sorry  :)

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Man, you must have some kind of insider knowledge. I don’t know why but that sounds legit.

I'm fortunate enough to post on a forum where there's not one but TWO totally legit insiders. I can't name my sources and plans might change, but I really think that's what's gonna happen. 

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Apart from the name I like this approach to be honest!

In the best of worlds they'd release it like Hayley Williams did with her Petals For Armor LP, release two EPs with 4 songs and then put out the full record which contains those two EPs and 4 unheard songs.

Except GN'R won't do that last part though. They won't reward fans with unheard songs. What I think they'll do is charge all of us for the album 2 songs at a time. Then after they've sold individual CDs & 7" singles to all of us, they'll just try to sell the exact same music to us again as "an album". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think Russ made just fun of this whole situation here since he used almost the same wording as Slash did. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, got it now :)

Yeah, I was being dry (or attempting to be) and it came out wrong lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Except GN'R won't do that last part though. They won't reward fans with unheard songs. What I think they'll do is charge all of us for the album 2 songs at a time. Then after they've sold individual CDs & 7" singles to all of us, they'll just try to sell the exact same music to us again as "an album". 

Sadly you’re probably spot on!

• GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Which is SUCH a bummer. With GN'R, I live in a constant state of "I would love to be proven wrong" but then I'm usually right :(

Stop expecting them to do it your way and you won't get so bummed.  We'd been bored with them along time ago if they followed the norm.  What crazy ass shit are they going to do next?  They keep you guessing.  It's their draw and they do it very well.  Probably not on purpose but it keeps us around.  :lol:

https://www.pedal-of-the-day.com/2022/01/09/weekly-interview-1-11-22-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses/ 

Richard Fortus new interview couple days ago. He says they are working on couple of exciting projects wit gnr, but cant really talk about it😂.  Almost 20years he has sais that there is something comin but cant really talk about it, must be awful to not be able to talk:(