The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I'm literally cooking something for my child and I'm thinking about the few next singles, you know? I can't stop thinking about it. Even if I'm almost 40 years and living in my granma's basement, you know?

Anyway, I think the next single will be "Oh My God". And later a double A-Side with "Atlas"/"Going Down"

And the last brand new single will be an EP containing "Thyme", "The General", "Perhaps" and "S.O.G."

And three years later, an album containing all those singles since "Absurd!" to "S.O.G."... and maybe "Soul Monster" and "Seven" as bonus tracks.

And that's all. 

No songs left to be released.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I'm literally cooking something for my child and I'm thinking about the few next singles, you know? I can't stop thinking about it. Even if I'm almost 40 years and living in my granma's basement, you know?

Anyway, I think the next single will be "Oh My God". And later a double A-Side with "Atlas"/"Going Down"

And the last brand new single will be an EP containing "Thyme", "The General", "Perhaps" and "S.O.G."

And three years later, an album containing all those singles since "Absurd!" to "S.O.G."... and maybe "Soul Monster" and "Seven" as bonus tracks.

And that's all. 

No songs left to be released.

Where lives your kid when you're living in your grandmothers basement? 

Didn’t your parents tought you not yo play in the kitchen? It's dangerous.

Edited by Free Bird

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

"Probably we will release some new GNR songs this year, but I don't think we will release any new album until the [Rock In Rio] event"

Ohhh, so June, 2022 is the word. :D

If a new album drops this year, my bet is in November, of course. It would make sense for them to drop a few decent singles before then.

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ohhh, so June, 2022 is the word. :D

If a new album drops this year, my bet is in November, of course. It would make sense for them to drop a few decent singles before then.

Rock In Rio Brazil is in September. The one you mean is Lisboa. I doubt he means that one

More evidence that an album isn't even close to fruition. When you're talking about "probably" releasing a couple new singles, an actual new album doesn't just emerge right after that. Not in GNR land, anyway. If there was an album ready, it would've been ready by now. I'd still love to be wrong, and just have a new album come out in the Fall, but it's not happening.

• Like 2

Just now, Zeppelin said:

If there was an album ready, it would've been ready by now. I'd still love to be wrong, and just have a new album come out in the Fall, but it's not happening.

They should drop a few new singles (additional re-worked CD songs) then drop CD2, as it was from 2008-2010. :D

15 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

More evidence that an album isn't even close to fruition. When you're talking about "probably" releasing a couple new singles, an actual new album doesn't just emerge right after that. Not in GNR land, anyway. If there was an album ready, it would've been ready by now. I'd still love to be wrong, and just have a new album come out in the Fall, but it's not happening.

That an album isn't ready to be dropped now had been inferred from other interviews Slash has done. Nothing new there. 

• Like 1

It's a Brazilian interview.  I couldn't trust a quote at face value, given the penchant for sensationalizing things.

Maybe Slash was just pulling the RIR thing out of his ass, being savvy and knowing where he was, maybe not, who knows, but, knowing the press down there,  I'm surprised the headline wasn't:

"Slash says Guns Will World Premier New Album Live in Full at Rock in Rio." :lol:

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That an album isn't ready to be dropped now had been inferred from other interviews Slash has done. Nothing new there. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Duff and Slash haven’t already completed their work on the remaining CD leftovers. But why would they release anything else until they’re touring again in the summer? My guess is at least two more singles and then an album comes out in the fall. 

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Any expectation for any kind of complete album is hilarious to me.

• Like 1

This is my guess (IGNORE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ. PLEASE, SUPPORT THE FREE SPEECH, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ME, PUT ME IN IGNORE, PLEASE.):

Spoiler
  • "Oh My God" online single
  • "Atlas Shrugged" online single
  • "The General" online single
  • "Atlas Shrugged" EP, containing "Atlas Shrugged", "The General", "Going Down" and "Oh My God"
  • New EP, containing "Perhaps", "S.O.G.", "Soul Monster" and "Seven"
  • New album, containing all the tracks since "Absurd!" to "Seven", containing a brand new unreleased track called "Berlin", "Cuban Skies", "Monstrosity", "Light My Fire" and an intro called "Thyme"
  1. "Thyme"
  2. "Hard Skool"
  3. "Atlas Shrugged"
  4. "Oh My God"
  5. "Going Down"
  6. "Berlin"
  7. "Seven"
  8. "Cuban Skies"
  9. "The General"
  10. "Soul Monster"
  11. "Perhaps"
  12. "Monstrosity"
  13. "Light My Fire"
  14. "Absurd!"

I think that three brand new online singles are coming, later 2 EP and later, a brand new full album containing two brand new tracks. 

And that's all until Rose dies and it's buried under the Earth.

-

? I don't watch TV or Netflix or those things. Even less with that name (Kaufman).... those kind of people don't make me laugh at all.

10 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I mean look I can appreciate a good gimmick and people trying out their best Andy Kaufman type schtick online but list making ain't the one

Edited by CubanSkies Dummy

2 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

More evidence that an album isn't even close to fruition. When you're talking about "probably" releasing a couple new singles, an actual new album doesn't just emerge right after that. 

I'm just happy that they're releasing music. If we get one GNR single every year from now on, that's much more than certain people would have expected from this band.