The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-says-more-new-guns-n-roses-music-is-coming-3166405

The guitarist has explained that those tracks weren’t the only pieces of new material the band had been planning to release. “There is new material coming — everybody’s always asking,” Slash told Consequence of Sound. “I would imagine that there will be one or two songs that come out around the time that we hit the road in June.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-says-more-new-guns-n-roses-music-is-coming-3166405

The guitarist has explained that those tracks weren’t the only pieces of new material the band had been planning to release. “There is new material coming — everybody’s always asking,” Slash told Consequence of Sound. “I would imagine that there will be one or two songs that come out around the time that we hit the road in June.”

@Pele

• Haha 1

2011/12  i was in school with 15 reading the forum in my phone (an old blackberry back then)  looking for new album data, 

2015 the desert time, no news no nothing 

2016 the reunion (fucking epic thing if you ask me) axl/dc (LEGENDARY) in comparation with 2014, 2016 look surreal and kinda science fiction.

2021 the comeback after the fucking pandemic, in this era i was only happy to se my chilhood band again in the stages afte all the covid madnes, saskatoon leaked, i hear the leaks from the village sesions and was so cool, then hardskol and absurd, gnr releasing new music bring me back to that 15 years old kid looking in the forum for news.

with all the info we had now i think in 2022 we r gonna have big ñews about new music, uyi box, proshots and music released with slash n duff back in the band, im so happy about this, i only hope that the band comeback to argentina this year :axl92::slash::duff:B-)

• Like 2

In mid Januray, a local radio station played 2 GnR songs and then DJ went on to describe what was in store for the band in 2022.

He mentioned "a new EP out next month, a UYI anniversary release in the summer, a brand new, full length album in the fall, and touring most of the year." He didn't mention the Rockville gig, which is local, so i wonder just how much of this is accurate and where he gets his info. I read on here that Hard Skool is just a single, not an EP. I'll believe the thing about the new album when i actually own it.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Outofgascar said:

In mid Januray, a local radio station played 2 GnR songs and then DJ went on to describe what was in store for the band in 2022.

He mentioned "a new EP out next month, a UYI anniversary release in the summer, a brand new, full length album in the fall, and touring most of the year." He didn't mention the Rockville gig, which is local, so i wonder just how much of this is accurate and where he gets his info. I read on here that Hard Skool is just a single, not an EP. I'll believe the thing about the new album when i actually own it.

Interesting that they would do UYI and new album together in the same year, but I guess we'll see.

Honestly, if they come up this year with 2 or 3 new singles and a UYI boxset incl. pro-shots, plus a tour on the top of that, it would be fine with me if the album wouldn't come out in 2022. These things would be quite enough for GNR for one year.

• Like 1

It's super cool they plan to keep releasiing singles. Guess we'll know right away what it is even if they don't play it at first since it'll show up on their alt setlist (and they'll probably play it on the 3rd to last show of the tour anyways because that's just how Axl is)

18 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

IIRC someone corrected the translations from the site reporting a new album not before RIR. 

It was @Voodoochild.  They reached back out to some contacts and later clarified the quote was not that a new record would be out by RiR, but a song.

I hope they don't mind me re-pasting the actual quote, but it was:

"there will probably a new song or something out before then, but I don't think there will be a new record" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Interesting that they would do UYI and new album together in the same year, but I guess we'll see.

I couldn't believe the DJ was saying that. It sounds like too much at once and I don't think it's totally accurate. The UYI anniversary, yes, but i don't see a new album in the same year.

But i didn't expect a new single last August. It was like The Spanish Inquisition.