The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I’d be happy with,

1. The General

2. Soul Monster

3. Quicksong/Zodiac

4. Atlas Shrugged

1 hour ago, Finck2006 said:

Berlin, Atlas, Soulmonster, Quicksong

Would be cool

36 minutes ago, surforia said:

As others have said, just give me the general and soul monster, and then I can move on with my life.

7 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

As much as I want to hear The General, something tells me Soul Monster will be the star of the show

He literally said these songs to come don’t have that kind of history as HS. 
So unless we’re counting the possibility that HS is from 96 (i.e. about 3 years older than the Village stuff), which I doubt Slash had in mind, it would suggest the songs you’re asking for wouldn’t fit in this description, as they’re of the same age as HS, aren't they. 

So I wonder what those songs could be. Maybe something Axl worked on in those other studios, where people think he was just messing about with the Village material and nothing new was ever created (which I’ve always contested). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Maybe something Axl worked on in those other studios, where people think he was just messing about with the Village material and nothing new was ever created (which I’ve always contested). 

Wouldn't be surprised if the songs Slash was talking about have never been heard of. But then again I think Axl will always go through the easy route and release exactly what we expect.

If he releases any lol

Seems like Europe again next summer then. Scotland not cancelled & these Glasto rumours seem very strong.

I wonder if they’ll do Hyde Park or something as well. There’s no way they’d just exclusively do Glasto. 
It would be a huge opportunity to headline Glasto & I can see the obvious hits going down amazingly. Also if Elton is doing it the same year & saying farewell to Uk I can see Axl liking that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

SMKC will tour Europe in early 2024 as the part of 'The River is Rising Tour' to promote '4'. No new music from Conspirators, for now. 

Interesting. Any idea what he will be recording then in early 2023? Maybe some soundtrack again?

2024 seems late to tour 4. But I'll be happy to see them again regardless. I had been hoping for early 2023.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

Interesting. Any idea what he will be recording then in early 2023? Maybe some soundtrack again?

2024 seems late to tour 4. But I'll be happy to see them again regardless. I had been hoping for early 2023.

If Axl Rose can tour Chinese Democracy from 2001-2014, then SMKC can tour 4 in 2024.

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This is in no way a confirmation of Guns planning on going into the studio after they tour next Summer.  This is just Slash saying what he would like to do.

Honestly I just think Axl is done with that part of the Industry. I think working on Chinese Democracy was so stressful for him and such a bad experience that he lost desire to ever write or record again.  And I'm sure after all the work he put in and all the lineup changes and issue with the record all for it to receive the lukewarm reception it got it just killed any desire he ever had to do that again.  Face it he hasn't recorded any vocals or new music in over 10 years, and it is what it is

He is happy doing what he is doing now. He gets to travel the world, gets paid millions of dollars and can probably have any young groupie he wants.  He is living the life.

Honestly I think after this 2023 tour if Axl still resists doing anything creative you will see some kind of fall out with him and Slash where they decide just to go on a small hiatus and then do some kind of farewell tour just playing the hits and some deep cuts.

Hope I'm wrong though!

That sounds pretty much what I think.....not sure about the 'young groupie' but though! Sounds rather creepy, and there's ever been any suggestion of that sort of stuff at all. 

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Am I the only one excited about this? I never thought we would get any more than a few more stand-alone songs over the next months or even years, and now Slash has explicitly said this is happening, maybe we even get something before Christmas. It is happening :)

I'm neither positive or negative about this. Slash seems so uncertain about everything that it seems like he doesn't even know for sure what's happening.

I didn't think we would get more than one song this year. I still doubt that we're getting 4 songs within the next few months. I would be surprised if they released music that quickly.

If there's only 4 unreleased songs that they've worked on during this whole time, that would be slightly disappointing. But again, Slash didn't even remember exactly how many unreleased songs there are.

I bet that they've worked on at least 6 songs and the fact that there's still talk about recording a new album is of course always good to hear. I doubt that they're going to write the new album entirely from scratch, so if there's going to be a new album, my bet is that it will consist mostly of CD era material. If they're going to write a couple of brand new songs from scratch that would of course be amazing.

So yeah, this is pretty neutral news for me. It basically just confirms that Slash is pretty uncertain about what's going on with GNR. That could be seen as bad news, but it's really not surprising to anyone who's been following this band for a longer time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'm neither positive or negative about this. Slash seems so uncertain about everything that it seems like he doesn't even know for sure what's happening.

I didn't think we would get more than one song this year. I still doubt that we're getting 4 songs within the next few months. I would be surprised if they released music that quickly.

If there's only 4 unreleased songs that they've worked on during this whole time, that would be slightly disappointing. But again, Slash didn't even remember exactly how many unreleased songs there are.

I bet that they've worked on at least 6 songs and the fact that there's still talk about recording a new album is of course always good to hear. I doubt that they're going to write the new album entirely from scratch, so if there's going to be a new album, my bet is that it will consist mostly of CD era material. If they're going to write a couple of brand new songs from scratch that would of course be amazing.

So yeah, this is pretty neutral news for me. It basically just confirms that Slash is pretty uncertain about what's going on with GNR. That could be seen as bad news, but it's really not surprising to anyone who's been following this band for a longer time.

Yeah- I can't get excited about this either. 

Been here before, there's a lot of 'would like to' in here. If they have tracks ready to go, why on earth have they not released them this year, while touring? It makes no sense really. 

As ever with GNR- I'll believe it when I see/hear it. Anything else at this stage is a recipe for disappointment. 

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Yeah, I agree with all this; still great that it seems to be getting closer to actually getting new music.

• Like 2

I read somewhere that Axl wanted Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 to be the last Guns N'Roses albums. But was bound by Contract to release The Spaghetti Incident? And Chinese Democracy. It actually would have made sense to have Appetite For Destruction as a Debut, GNR Lies as the Sophomore, and Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 to be the Junior and final albums and then fade into obscurity. 😃 Many bands only have 3 or 4 albums in their Discography. 😃

Two of the active  core GNR is in their late 50's(Slash and Duff) and  one of them is 60(Axl). Steven and Izzy don't count as they are not currently part of the core GNR as one got fired like 32 years ago(Steven)and one  left on his own like 31 years ago (Izzy) I don't see a new album being released, but you never know. GNR can surprise us and drop a new album. 😃 Though it's highly unlikely. 😐

Edited by Karice

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I agree with all this; still great that it seems to be getting closer to actually getting new music.

I have a question, have Slash even suggested a timeline for making a new album before?

If the guy above says that Slash will promote his album in 2024, why expect so long, usually he loves to promote quickly the things he do? He talks about another tour, I guess It would be in the summer, what he Is going to do the rest of the year? I will be optimistic, and think they has really considering doing an album next year

I don’t think it’s necessarily to be perceived as Slash being uncertain (although yes, he did use some phrases like that), but rather as him not wanting to give away too much, as per usual in Axl’s camp. 
The summer tour is superfluous, but then, if they actually manage to have released about 4 new songs by then, they surely will be played live, which could justify it. 
Once again, here’s to hoping. 

10 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

WHY SLASH?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US?!

At this point I'm convinced that someone is monitoring these boards and reports back to the band when we've lost faith - just so they can give an interview like this to fuck with us.

Right on. When we also discussed last time how this thread should be closed, spotify search madness started. Now again when we started to lose hope that we will hear new music soon mainly due to UYI box set, Slash gives an interview about the new music. :rofl-lol:

I expect we will hear a new song when we reach 1000 pages, when we start discussing again how disappointing it is to have 1000 pages about a new album and only 2 new songs. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I have a question, have Slash even suggested a timeline for making a new album before?

If the guy above says that Slash will promote his album in 2024, why expect so long, usually he loves to promote quickly the things he do? He talks about another tour, I guess It would be in the summer, what he Is going to do the rest of the year? I will be optimistic, and think they has really considering doing an album next year

No, not that I cam remember. As @Blackstarhas pointed out, this implies the band has actually talked about this. Whether it will happen or not is of course a very different thing. It all comes down Axl and what he will think at the time,

• Like 1

I think getting Perhaps and SoG is as likely or unlikely as some of the instrumentals we’ve heard more about over the years like Soul Monster and Zodiac. Works for me, I’d rather get some of the other songs with vocals instead of what leaked. I thought the instrumentals were the best songs from the Village sessions, anyways

Hard Skool, Silkworms, and Atlas were really the only non ChiDem songs from the Village Sessions that seemed to have ready to go vocals to me. I definitely think we will unfortunately get Atlas as one of the songs

Maybe they could get the Perhaps vocal track cleaned up and ready to go, but the chorus parts were pretty muddy. SoG sounds like a complete scratch track to me, he doesn’t even use words in the bridge. The General definitely has vocals, Soul Monster probably does, and maybe Quicksong and Zodiac, too. Tonto might also be an option on since MSL seemed to know about that song almost a decade prior to the Village leaks. Maybe a completed version is out there.

I definitely think there was something after ChiDem floating around. We know they had more completed versions of non album tracks like Absurd, Hard Skool, Atlas, and The General. Having Hard Skool and Absurd come out with “new”, old drums and some revamped structure stuff (seen with HS) proves there was something more final in between the Village sessions and post ChiDem. It’s just a matter of how much and what

I know it’s fun to harp on Slash and interviews like this, but the fact that they actually released music last year makes this more concrete. I believe the rest of the completed ChiDem2 tracks will come- how many there are is a different story, hopefully at least 4 more instead of 2 (and let’s hope it’s more from the instrumentals instead of just OMG, Atlas, Perhaps, etc) but I highly doubt they will write new material, let alone an album. I don’t think Axl has it in him to put down lyrics and record vocals for 10+ all new songs in a timely matter at 60. There’s no way

Edited by ZoSoRose