The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Why are we talking OMG as the next single now, are there any hints? 

I would believe that it would be too lazy and embarrassing even for GnR to put out an already officialy released song as the next single when Metallica, Chili Peppers and every other big band does proper albums again and again.

It likely won’t be the next single it just may be attached to the next release, I’ll assume the release will be Atlas. 

14 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Sorry people, I stopped  following this thread after the "Spotify" incident for obvious reasons :lol:

¿Any hint about new music? ¿Why are we talking about OMG?

not a hint of new music but Absurd was a thing fairly quickly so you never know imho. Oh My God could be a brand new song.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not a hint of new music but Absurd was a thing fairly quickly so you never know imho. Oh My God could be a brand new song.

Axl recorded multiple vocal arrangements for OMG, there is even a recording with alternate and or other lyrics. It’s completely possible that the newer version is something entirely new. Axl has a very close attachment to this song for whatever reasons. 

2 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Axl recorded multiple vocal arrangements for OMG, there is even a recording with alternate and or other lyrics. It’s completely possible that the newer version is something entirely new. Axl has a very close attachment to this song for whatever reasons. 

it would kinda suck if it was released again, I think it's a great song but better to get something we don't have an official version of for more than 20 years but something is better than nothing I suppose .

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

it would kinda suck if it was released again, I think it's a great song but better to get something we don't have an official version of for more than 20 years but something is better than nothing I suppose .

I agree, I’m so good with the 1999 version. But when Axl has a fixation on an old song we get Absurd. When GNR superfans hold out hope for some epic new track, we get a Slashified OMG…

4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

I agree, I’m so good with the 1999 version. But when Axl has a fixation on an old song we get Absurd. When GNR superfans hold out hope for some epic new track, we get a Slashified OMG…

we don't know what we'll get, but at this point, I'm not sure I care, any release of a "new" song is of interest to me.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Sorry people, I stopped  following this thread after the "Spotify" incident for obvious reasons :lol:

¿Any hint about new music? ¿Why are we talking about OMG?

Glad you remembered that.

Well, there are still 4 tuesdays up to the end of the year. There's hope. :popcorn:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I disagree. Never got a proper release and super curious to how it would sound with Slash and Duff. Lyrics are awesome and it has the potential to be something greater than the last two “official” releases we’ve already gotten. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The song is cool, but there's zero logic in releasing it now as the third single - after two songs from 1999 that we've already received. Nothing would say "we have no creative potential any longer" more than this. And even if some of the casuals weren't aware of the history of these songs, the journalists would surely point it out in the press, especially now that they seem to be getting more critical towards the lengthy tour. 

I'm usually very positive about GnR in most ways.

I like to think I'm very supportive of Axl and his voice issues.

BUT I just listened to hardskool in Perth and sweet fancy moses!

That was super hard to listen to.

I've been wondering about the correlation between Axl dancing like my grandma and singing badly.

His best 'recent' singing was when he was stuck in a chair with a broken foot in 2017.

Should someone break his ankles?

Just putting it out there.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I disagree. Never got a proper release and super curious to how it would sound with Slash and Duff. Lyrics are awesome and it has the potential to be something greater than the last two “official” releases we’ve already gotten. 

I consider it a part of the Chinese Democracy project, all 17 tunes including OMG, Absurd, and HS. It was officially released and it's not like Axl releases new music enough for a rerelease at this point imo. They should at least release Atlas or better yet something we didn't already hear the vocals of.

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

The song is cool, but there's zero logic in releasing it now as the third single - after two songs from 1999 that we've already received. Nothing would say "we have no creative potential any longer" more than this. And even if some of the casuals weren't aware of the history of these songs, the journalists would surely point it out in the press, especially now that they seem to be getting more critical towards the lengthy tour. 

WHAT WAS THE LOGIC TO RELEASE SILKWORMS?

WHAT WAS THE LOGIC TO NOT RELEASE THE REMIX ALBUM?

WHAT WAS THE LOGIC TO HAVE A 7 YEAR TOUR WITH NO NEW ALBUM?

WHAT WAS THE LOGIC TO BUTCHER HARD SKOOL?

This band has no logib whatsoever. :violin:

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

This band has no logib whatsoever. :violin:

I don’t know and would say none. Obviously, Axl surely has his reasons, but from my POV, it’s the worst song out of those, apart from EOY. 

Actually, I don’t know what exactly you mean. "The" Remix Album? And release when? There’s no CD anniversary yet, and the last thing they should do now that they’re back together is release some Axl’s past solo remix. 

Yeah, tell me about it. Initially, it was hopeful and exciting, and then they turned it into this crude money-maker. 

That’s... like... your opinion, man. I dig this version, but I dislike the sound. Sounds like a demo. 

I know these were more like rhetorical questions on your part, but what the hell. Btw: what's with all the CAPS? You come off as a lunatic. ;) 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don’t know and would say none. Obviously, Axl surely has his reasons, but from my POV, it’s the worst song out of those, apart from EOY. 

Actually, I don’t know what exactly you mean. "The" Remix Album? And release when? There’s no CD anniversary yet, and the last thing they should do now that they’re back together is release some Axl’s past solo remix. 

Yeah, tell me about it. Initially, it was hopeful and exciting, and then they turned it into this crude money-maker. 

That’s... like... your opinion, man. I dig this version, but I dislike the sound. Sounds like a demo. 

I know these were more like rhetorical questions on your part, but what the hell. Btw: what's with all the CAPS? You come off as a lunatic. ;) 

There's an alternative / remixed Chinese Democracy album version, remember "Blood In The Water" or "Better Gone"? It is the remix for "Prostitute" and "Better".

They shelved the project, but the entire album was remixed to alternate versions, like Marilyn Manson did with "Smell Like Children".

The caps were on purpose, find some sense of humor on you, man.

When people talk about Chinese Democracy leftovers, it’s worth remembering that November Rain was an Appetite for Destruction leftover. As far as I’m aware this band has never been about Axl, Slash and Duff (and Izzy) sitting around a table and writing a new album together so there’s no point in expecting that now.

6 hours ago, Legendador said:

I’m curious as to what happen there myself 

Caram did a beautiful job on CD (even Absurd is solid) but Hard Skool is just so LOUD. The least dynamic range on any gnr track.  

anyone wondering what I’m talking about, go listen to the whole song. It’s like the same energy all the way thru. To be fair, that’s just how songs a mixed and mastered these days, so unfortunate. I’d get a headache listening to a whole album of near clipping 😂

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I’m curious as to what happen there myself 

Caram did a beautiful job on CD (even Absurd is solid) but Hard Skool is just so LOUD. The least dynamic range on any gnr track.  

Was Caram the producer? To me the song has a feel of: Do it. Do it now. Forget it. I don't care. Release it now.

The new guitars on Hard Skool and the lack of that slow intro is what bugs me, but maybe the songs have that effect in many of us is because they leaked many years before, we've got used to these songs, and they are just old songs. It's like rerecording You Could Be Mine with different guitars.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1