The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

50 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Meaningless. What difference is this to Fortus saying the same thing since 2009?  I've said it year after year, we may get a song released one day on a soundtrack but certainly no album before 2023 at the earliest. 

Now I get why fartus has such a long nose. He's been lying for years now about new music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

No shit

Meaning, whatever Fortus has said has less significance that when Slash says it. 4tus, as much as I like him and think he's cool, is a hired hand. Slash is one of the main pillars, ergo his words are of importance. I was just reacting to some of the posts above. 

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

"Back in LA working on early days of Conspirators IV. C4? CIV? SMKCIV? SMKC4? Skeleton crew in the magic factory. I'm as stoked as you are." - Todd Kerns

Can feel yet more delay on new GNR album :p 

How ridiculous if Slash manages to release TWO studio albums after the GNR reunion. It just really shows how either nothing is happening, or Axl is really insecure about his music

Can't really get excited for new SMKC at this point. As much as I like SMKC, we all know what their new album will sound like, like all before them, and I think LTD was downhill from AL and WOF, so who knows if it would even measure up. I think it really is Slashs "side" thing now since the reunion where he doesn't put in his best ideas, just something that will be like "fuck it this'll do", just to tour. GNR album is way more interesting in what it would be and where Slash puts in the work, and then it will just never come out due to Axl taking ages chasing some "masterpiece" album he will never achieve or be happy with.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

"Back in LA working on early days of Conspirators IV. C4? CIV? SMKCIV? SMKC4? Skeleton crew in the magic factory. I'm as stoked as you are." - Todd Kerns

Can feel yet more delay on new GNR album :p 

Slash keeps so busy he will be doing both - and we literally have no idea how much is in the can for the GNR album. 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 10/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, allwaystired said:

Quite possible. Or that someone has said 'have you heard GNR are releasing their new album and it's going to be good'. 

Given the CD leaks, and the reaction the band to those happening, if (big if) there is any new material it would be incredibly unlikely that it's being played to anyone, let alone friends of friends of someone who might once have lived in the same area. 

If, in some bizarre world, it is being heard to that extent then it's probably very close to leaking I would say. 

The most likely scenario though is that like most people who tell us about 'inside information',  'Malibu Monica' is speaking out of her arse. 

I suspect Monica heard some of the selects from the "village locker" leaks and assumed those songs were from the new album, which they very well may be (probably not in the form from 2000 though, of course)

Edited by Sweersa

1 hour ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

We’re never going to get new music

Sad but kind of hard to think of anything different .Theyve shown us who they are over the last 30 years content to play songs that they recorded in a very short heyday and never evolve.To me maybe they’re just artistically bankrupt as a unit without Izzy in the studio .And to me CD was an Axl solo album,I know people strongly disagree but I’m entitled to my opinion as well

• Like 2

Thing is, we still don't know what this means in terms of GNR. Has Slash already finished his part for the album? Or is it just somewhere halfway, partially finished and the rest on halt, waiting for the output of others? It could be anything really. 

If the rumours are to be believed, the albums been done a while. Personally, I think that when slash says he’s been working in original guns stuff he’s talking about possible new songs to bump off others already on the list for release. Maybe he’s just been trying to persuade axl to put some newer stuff on the record when in reality the bulk of the record is made up of older ‘new gnr’ songs with slash and duff overdubs. Even if true, none of this helps us out with an idea of when any of this stuff might eventually see the light of day.

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

I listened to the Let There Be Talk podcast last night with Brian and Angus. The host before interviewing them mentioned he’d signed an NDA and listened to the new AC/DC album in full - 7 months ago. It’s very possible Guns did expect to drop an album in the 6 month time frame that Fermanager originally stated and has been put on hold until they can support it, but that in itself would present another hurdle with the uncertainty of concerts going ahead in the new year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I listened to the Let There Be Talk podcast last night with Brian and Angus. The host before interviewing them mentioned he’d signed an NDA and listened to the new AC/DC album in full - 7 months ago. It’s very possible Guns did expect to drop an album in the 6 month time frame that Fermanager originally stated and has been put on hold until they can support it, but that in itself would present another hurdle with the uncertainty of concerts going ahead in the new year. 

Wow - 7 months ago?? I suppose it does give a small bit of hope that it’s true the album is done and the comments from Slash about ‘working out how to release this thing’ are related to marketing strategy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by DTJ80

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Wow - 7 months ago?? I suppose it does  give a small bit of hope that it’s true the album is done and the comments from Slash about ‘working out how to release this thing’ are related to marketing strategy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

'Axl' and 'a lifetime giving their all' should never be used in the same sentence.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dean said:

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

100% agreed. 👍

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Yeah but... Axl's spent half of this lifetime being in seclusion and another part being on unnecessarily stretched tours. As for the virus problem, they can always ask those several dozens of other artists who have released music this year in order to "figure out" how to release an album...