The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 11/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Also, if there was an actual plan to release something in November, Axl would not step on Angus’ shoes. He has too much respect for him. I doubt they would have announced an official release until after Power Up was out. 

Didn't CD come out around the same time as Black Ice though? Also Metallica released Death Magnetic around that time - no-one was concerned about stepping on toes then. 

• Like 1

Just listened to Power Up.....it’s ‘OK’ at best for me. I really don’t think it’s all that different to Black Ice or ROB (I know most of these tunes are from Black Ice era). I think an Axl and Brian ‘duet’ on Demon Fire could have been absolutely killer...Brian flips between two styles.

I think if you take the best tracks from last 3 albums then you can have a great one.

The reason I mention this is that the media seem to be raving about Power Up. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s not a great record. So if GNR get round to releasing the new album then you can bet the media will absolutely rave about it and it’s release regardless of the actual music being brilliant or not.

1 minute ago, Nesret said:

No idea how many million times this has probably been discussed already - but did their musical differences just vanish into thin air? I can't imagine Slash or Axl suddenly wanting to play what they didn't want to play in the mid-90's and all these years that followed. Who would even write such a record - Melissa? Frank? :shrugs: These guys working on songs together just completely exceeds the capacity of my imagination. I don't see them being on the same page musically. But they are surely on the same page when it comes to the financial aspects - so who knows what kind of magic the smell of money may produce. 

CD ultimately didn’t have the ‘industrial/electronic’ influence that was suggested it would have.....I really do think if they had taken a proper break and reconvened that they could have got past the issues.

I really don’t see why Slash had to ‘quit’ back in 96....he should have toughed it out and who knows what would have transpired. We will never know.

Id like to think the AC/DC run showed that here is still a commonality between them in a form of rock n roll.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened to Power Up.....it’s ‘OK’ at best for me. I really don’t think it’s all that different to Black Ice or ROB (I know most of these tunes are from Black Ice era). I think an Axl and Brian ‘duet’ on Demon Fire could have been absolutely killer...Brian flips between two styles.

I think if you take the best tracks from last 3 albums then you can have a great one.

The reason I mention this is that the media seem to be raving about Power Up. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s not a great record. So if GNR get round to releasing the new album then you can bet the media will absolutely rave about it and it’s release regardless of the actual music being brilliant or not.

ACDC are releasing the same album over and over again for the last 40 years

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

ACDC are releasing the same album over and over again for the last 40 years

I get that argument....but if it was consistently of the quality of Powerage, BIB, HTH etc then I’d be absolutely fine with that!

Say what you want about ACDC but i'm listening the new album and it's quite good. Besides the feeling of listening something new from a band You like is special. We can argue All acdc's albums sounds alike but they rock! Angus interviews about reuniting the members and making a record were great. I think there's no excuses for GNR to release something. I love them crazy but they must do something

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 12:20 AM, Free Bird said:

Haha, if this is an excuse for not releasing a new record this whole year, GNR might be the most polite band in the world.

That explains why it took them so long, and why there never be another record ever again.

They simply don't want to offend anybody's feelings. Wow, that's so cute. Now they've got my respect.

If GNR were to release something after all this years then why wouldn't Angus be that respectful to postpone ACDCs record ?

Because he doesn't care. He isn't the one worrying about bad album sales. He knows what an ACDC is worth. GNR doesn't. 

I agree with this 100%

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Imagine that, all we get are chinese makeovers with old vocals. It is possible.

That's probably a good thing. Axl 99-2006 vocal is going to beat any vocal he can do age 58 afeter 10 years touring with a spare tyre round the middle. Maybe he'll nail it in the studio with 100 takes and lots of editing, but I can't see him being able to replicate the power lots of the chidem era vocals had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

That's probably a good thing. Axl 99-2006 vocal is going to beat any vocal he can do age 58 afeter 10 years touring with a spare tyre round the middle. Maybe he'll nail it in the studio with 100 takes and lots of editing, but I can't see him being able to replicate the power lots of the chidem era vocals had. 

If that's the best they have to offer they should just retire already. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Didn't CD come out around the same time as Black Ice though? Also Metallica released Death Magnetic around that time - no-one was concerned about stepping on toes then. 

People used to compete with each other for best sales.

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Thats a matter of opinion there. Alot of fans and I mean a higher majority did not like the Chinese stuff or the vocal delivery Axl used. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It would be the best to write new music with everyone's current abilities, rather than using 15 years old vocal recordings. In a live set these wouldn't do the band justice. 

Agree and least it will show some chemistry between the current band. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

PWR/UP was just delivered. Excuse me while I go enjoy some good ole rock n roll :headbang:

What did you think? I was pretty underwhelmed with only 2/3 good tracks. No BAD tracks but just ‘there’. I don’t think it’s going to get much replay value. I was buzzed with all the great reviews but I just don’t hear it. Nightmare. If folks love it though - good for them. 👍 And kudos to AC/DC for getting new music out regardless.

I reckon a ‘duet’ with Axl and Brian could have been dynamite on Demon Fire...Brian used low and high vocals and reckon something cool could have happened here.

12 hours ago, vloors said:

Thats a matter of opinion there. Alot of fans and I mean a higher majority did not like the Chinese stuff or the vocal delivery Axl used. 

Maybe not the style, but you can't argue it wasn't powerful or an incredible performance. Like I'm not a massive whiteny houston fan, but at her peak her vocal was brilliant. There was a time, you don't have to like the song or the tone of voice in it, but jeez how many people in history can sing like that? Axl could then, I doubt he comes close now

• Like 3