The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

30 minutes ago, Pele said:

My opinion obviously.

I wouldn't class a 10 track album 'great' if it consisted of the following:

• OMG (dreadful 20 years ago, worse today)
  • Silkworms (dreadful 20 years ago, worse today)
  • Atlas (utterly unremarkable filler, like Catcher but worse)
  • Perhaps (decent enough ballad)
  • HardSkool (decent to listen to, although cheesy as hell and sounds like it belongs on Glee with an Avril Levine type singing it)
  • Any Duff song (guaranteed to be horrendous as always)

That’s fine it’s your opinion, but you stated it like my opinion was objectively wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Dean said:

Is it ridiculous to say I'd be bummed out at only getting 10 songs?! They'd better all be a 10 minute opus! (they can just loop Absurd another three times!)

I'll take anything we can get but I'm pleased at whatever will be released will essentially be the follow up that Axl always wanted for Chinese.

Yeah I would be a bit annoyed too! The average album is about 12 songs though really, so that's about what I'd expect. 10 is being pessimistic! 

24 minutes ago, Ratam said:

It seem back similar scenary like 94 to 96 again....isn't would be rare they back to implosion again :(

No, I don't think so. Slash and Duff seem to have accepted that, at this point, Axl is only interested in releasing pre-existing material and they willingly got into re-recording it. They also seem to have settled the business side, what the splits on the songs will be, etc. And, unlike 1994-96, two songs have already been released.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No, I don't think so. Slash and Duff seem to have accepted that, at this point, Axl is only interested in releasing pre-existing material and they willingly got into re-recording it. They also seem to have settled the business site, what the splits on the songs will be, etc. And, unlike 1994-96, two songs have already been released.

It sound to my Slash and Duff like easy resignation, cause they has paralell proyects...

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

It sound to my Slash and Duff like easy resignation, cause they has paralell proyects...

Yes, they have their own projects to go to and write the way they want to.

Axl and Slash/Duff have been used to working in very different ways. Axl likely hasn't written in the "traditional" or so called "organic" way (or at least by "sitting as a band" and jamming) since the Illusions. He probably wrote some things on his own or with Tobias and, other than that, he mostly operated like a producer, having the members send him tapes of what they'd done, giving directions on how this or that part should be changed and then crafting songs by combining parts. That's how CD was created.

So, although I was hoping for at least one new song, I'm not surprised to hear that they haven't even gotten in the process of trying to write something new together. Maybe they are all afraid of it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

"As for how "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" came about, Slash said: "They both have a lot of history. What happened was Axl [Rose, GUNS singer] has all these songs that he recorded at some point along the way. And so Duff [McKagan, GUNS bassist] and I went in and re-did them, basically… Like, I wrote my own kind of parts to what else is going on, and [we] just sort of took the drums and re-did everything else."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-guns-n-roses-has-yet-to-start-writing-new-music-explains-decision-to-rework-old-songs/

It is so obvious there is going to be no new album or no new anything.  Just look at the historical posts, exactly the same things were being said and the same frustration being felt.  I think Axl has no interest at all in music anymore, actually it makes me wonder if this will be the last tour, maybe that is why he seemed so happy at the last shows!  He has other priorities now and Slash and Duff have there own projects.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Anyways, Slash also said he has a lot of SKMC songs already written. And his new album is ready since last April.

Yes, he said that almost all of his upcoming album was written before the pandemic (the released single was the only one that was written later), and during the pandemic he wrote some more stuff for a next album.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

He's not really being vague there though - he's saying, pretty plainly, that they haven't written anything together. 

I wonder if this interview becomes problematic if it gets back to Axl. I was shocked how Slash so easily admitted this instead of giving the usual programmed gnr response. Yea we’ve been working on a bunch of stuff and just trying to figure out how to release in these times of 2021

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

CDII probably will look like

1.) Absurd

2.) The General

3.) OMG

4.) Soul Monster

5.) Hard Skool

6.) Perhaps

7.) Atlas Shrugged

Throw a few covers in there a Duff song, maybe an unknown CD era song from 2006 or two and we have a great album.

Hey I’ll take that if you guarantee me OMG makes the cut lol

7 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I wonder if this interview becomes problematic if it gets back to Axl. I was shocked how Slash so easily admitted this instead of giving the usual programmed gnr response. Yea we’ve been working a bunch of stuff and just trying to figure out how to release in these times of 2021

I don't think that other response of his was "programmed" either. It sounded honest to me. He had also said that they hadn't done anything (not even leftover material) until 2019, which had been also pretty straightforward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pele said:

Correct (minus Soul Monster IMO).

Totally incorrect about it being a 'great album' though.

I'm positively The General is going to be massively underwhelming too.

I agree about the general, i hear people say its the next part to estranged, iv also heard it was written by one of the old members about kfc or one of those chicken places, i just never understood how people can get so excited over a song we know nothing about other than a poor quality phone clip, if its anything like absurd, hard school or even atlas then its not for me lol 

Edited by scottish nutter
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think the fanbase needs to collectively accept that Uncle Axl is never going to operate GNR like a normal band. Anybody hoping that Slash and Duff coming back into the fold would change things was simply kidding themselves. 

Axl is prepared to "let Slash play" on HIS songs, but other than that, it's like "It's 5 O Clock Somewhere" all over again - Axl simply ain't interested in working on Slash's original compositions.

I for one will take what I can get. It's far from ideal, completely dysfunctional and utterly frustrating to watch as a fan, but an album of Chinese leftovers with Slash and Duff would actually probably be better than anything the three of them could write nowadays anyway.

Agree with all the above, what a dumb band lol

36 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I wonder if this interview becomes problematic if it gets back to Axl. I was shocked how Slash so easily admitted this instead of giving the usual programmed gnr response. Yea we’ve been working on a bunch of stuff and just trying to figure out how to release in these times of 2021

Meanwhile Slash is dropping smkc soon and supposedly already finished writing the follow up to that. No surprise who hasn't been in the studio and done any work other than cartoon appearances. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Problematic? What's Axl gonna do? Fire Slash and fold the band for good?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Problematic? What's Axl gonna do? Fire Slash and fold the band for good?

At this point Axl should be fired lol. Get Izzy, duff, slash and adler back and find a new singer for the band.

If axl isnt going to record nothing new and just happy to use the brand to sell childrens books, puzzles, trucks instead of operating as a band than maybe he should be the one going. 

• Like 4