The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You didn't answer how you can be so sure Axl hasn't recorded anything post 1999 that we haven't heard (of). That we happen to have heard everything he has recorded after this date. What a remarkable coincidence!

@PeleYou still hasn't answered this.

Just now, Pele said:

Apparently he told Bach that it was a trilogy.  Tom Zutaut also said it was a trilogy.

It didn't end up being a trilogy.  It's open to interpretation weather he lied or just changed his mind.  Personally, I believe he intended it to be so, then stopped working on it.

Either way, it appears he was telling people it was going to be a trilogy and it wasn't.

So was he lying if he said he was planning to release a trilogy? Are you saying he said that while knowing he was just going to release one record? Do you even know what a lie is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

If you're convinced a full Soul Monster exists, good for you.  I guess you're looking forward to hearing it on the 'new album'.

And you have no cut off point accepting that this 'album' doesn't exist?  You'll go to your grave thinking Rose recorded this.  Cool.

I will contiue to believe that Axl didn't lie when he said he recorded vocals to Soul Monster the very moment when there is good evidence he didn't :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

@PeleYou still hasn't answered this.

I've answered it over and over.  I don't know for sure what he has or hasn't recorded in his home studio.

If you want to believe he has these mystical songs written and recorded, whilst asking Slash and Duff to record over Silkworms, then good for you.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I will contiue to believe that Axl didn't lie when he said he recorded vocals to Soul Monster the very moment when there is good evidence he didn't :lol:

There will never be that evidence.

But you'll never hear the song.

1 hour ago, Pele said:

It's obvious to most they are unfinished and he's mumbling some potential placeholder words prior to lyrical completion.

Do you think that was the intended final vocal take?

Even I would give him more respect than that!

There's completed lyrics, they've been posted on here several times.

His enunciation is awful in the 2nd half, and I don't think it was intended as the final take, but would it really be that surprising? Most likely he spliced together a few different takes for the final vocals, and what we've heard is only one of the takes. Who knows, though, maybe he only did one take and called it done.

Why do you think the song was abandoned?

9 minutes ago, Walapino said:

Anyone has any idea when Absurd vocals were recorded? it wasnt in 99 for sure.

Probably some time in the 1st half of 2000 - the Village mix is from November 7th 2000 but I think Sean Beaven left the project before that, and he recorded a lot of the vocals.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's completed lyrics, they've been posted on here several times.

His enunciation is awful in the 2nd half, and I don't think it was intended as the final take, but would it really be that surprising? Most likely he spliced together a few different takes for the final vocals, and what we've heard is only one of the takes. Who knows, though, maybe he only did one take and called it done.

Why do you think the song was abandoned?

I don't know.

I think it's a great song.

I have pondered it may have been abandoned as it may have been written entirely by somebody else, but that's pure speculation.

Some think it was re-worked into The General.

23 hours ago, Sosso said:

"As for how "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" came about, Slash said: "They both have a lot of history. What happened was Axl [Rose, GUNS singer] has all these songs that he recorded at some point along the way. And so Duff [McKagan, GUNS bassist] and I went in and re-did them, basically… Like, I wrote my own kind of parts to what else is going on, and [we] just sort of took the drums and re-did everything else."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-guns-n-roses-has-yet-to-start-writing-new-music-explains-decision-to-rework-old-songs/

As a glass half-full kinda dude….I kind honed in on this part:-

"We've been doing a lot of material that's been sort of sitting around for a while. So that will be a whole focused endeavor unto itself."

‘A lot’ of material is clearly more than the two tracks we have just received.

Also….Slash says the drums were taken…so I wonder exact when they were recorded as they are absolutely not from the demos we have?

Like, I wrote my own kind of parts to what else is going on, and [we] just sort of took the drums and re-did everything else."

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pele said:

Probably yes.  Like when he lied about a trilogy of albums.

I think at best, he did some scratch vocal ideas - about as far as he got with Quick Song.  I very much doubt the song has completed lyrics/vocals.

What I am certain is that it will never be released.  I believe it to be incomplete.

There was a trilogy of albums but he just didnt say the last two were all instrumentals hehe

Edited by vloors

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This is just pathetic at this point that a year in quarantine and no tours led to absolutely zero new material being written. If they just have Slash and Duff on top of old Axl vocals and Brain drums, then why the hell couldn't they have released these five years ago? 

To call this a band is now an inaccuracy.

Just bizarre to have not sat together and tried to lay down some tunes and just have some fun!

Wasted potential but that’s GNR since 1991. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Duff once said something about contributing material though, didn't he?

I don't remember that. I only remember this quote where he vaguely mentioned some "jams" but mostly Axl's material (it was early 2019 and obviously they hadn't started doing anything with it yet):

During an appearance earlier today (Friday, February 22) on SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation", Duff McKagan said that a new Guns N' Roses album could happen in the not-too-distant future, remarking: "I heard some new material and there's been some jams going around, and that's the next step for us, for the GN'R thing."
Asked by host Eddie Trunk "how real" the potential is for a new Guns N' Roses record, Duff replied: "Oh, it's real. But the fun part and the cool part about Guns N' Roses is we don't really talk about it, and what happens next just happens. It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things. I've heard some magnificent stuff that Axl has — really cool stuff he'd been working on. So I'm excited about the possibilities with that, of course. I don't mean to get anybody rabid. It will happen when it happens, that's for sure."

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3759-2019-02-22-siriusxm-s-trunk-nation-interview-with-duff

This band isn’t a band.

This is a brand. It’s embarrassing. It really is. The locker leaks were a highlight. The whole “we play it cool as long and there’s no concrete plans” style isn’t cutting it. The brainwashed masses of fans are slowly turning. The insane ones aren’t, they’ll always post “ZOMG AXEL IS DA BESTEST YAYAYAYA” which made me vomit as I typed it.

I posted a thread saying “are you done with this band” and might revive it to see if opinion has changed.

• Like 2