The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Same I hope the mixes are better. 

it’s interesting listening to Caram Costanzo’s brilliant job on Chinese Democracy and then listening to Hardskool. 

i feel like they went backwards with that but maybe that was just the vibe 

They totally butchered HardSkööl the demo is som much better

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

This is obviously subjective as to my “listening pleasure” Absurd & Hardskool production sounds much better than Chinese. 

The bass sounds better for sure, sadly except for the TWAT outro solo, the bass was way too low and blended into tracks on chidem. but the rest of the mixing was awesome. It might be more that there were 700 different things going on that made it messy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Same I hope the mixes are better. 

it’s interesting listening to Caram Costanzo’s brilliant job on Chinese Democracy and then listening to Hardskool. 

i feel like they went backwards with that but maybe that was just the vibe 

I think the difference is not having 55 different parts in each song so everything has a bit more room to breath. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think the difference is not having 55 different parts in each song so everything has a bit more room to breath. 

In which? 

To my ear there is far more room in the two new tracks? Chinese sounds overly busy & guitars, drums often sound computer generated. 

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The mixes of HS and Absurd were really bad. Sounds like early mixes that were compressed to all hell and then released. The drums sound so bad. Everything is so compressed it sounds like a jumbled mess. 

I thought Absurd sounded alright, but Hard Skool... those drums are lifeless

• Like 2

Chinese is a very busy mix, but quite well done all things considered , and mastered tastefully.

Absurd and even more so Hard Skool (the spelling :facepalm:) are horrendously mixed and mastered. 

Edited by EvH
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EvH said:

Chinese is a very busy mix, but quite well done all things considered , and mastered tastefully.

Absurd and even more so Hard Skool (the spelling :facepalm:) are horrendously mixed and mastered. 

Absolutely correct!

And I love all the layers on Chinese, but also understand that they want to do it more in your face this time

• Like 1

Silkworms was leading to GN'R last year between the releases of Absurd and Hard Skool (and when Hard Skool was bringing GN'R, too). That could have been because Spotify had crawled articles about Absurd that mentioned it used to be called Silkworms. Later (unknown when) Silkworms stopped bringing up GN'R and it didn't a few days ago, but now it apparently does again.

Just now, Jw224 said:

Second this, we need to isolate the spotify discussion at this point lol. Getting rather tiring to read.

The main issue is that there is absolutely no conclusive end to it unless a release happens. 

There's never going to be a point at which everyone says 'yep, it was an algorithm'. 

I’d be up for a separate thread about Spotify. Can we call it Gavgnr’s Spotify Incident @Powerage5 😂

On that topic, not sure if it means anything but (here in the UK) only the general, soul monster, perhaps and ‘cuban s’ brings up GnR without any separate reference to HardSkool or Absurd. Both atlas and SOG do also bring up reference to those two singles released last year 

Edited by gavgnr