01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

25 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Thing I really don’t get, is he sang Thunderstruck and For Those About to Rock We Salute You like a demon possessed. And he sings Sweet Child like a grandma

That was 4 years ago and never was the same after acdc. Even the 2nd acdc tour was harder for him to sing. add to this that most gnr songs are lower to sing than acdc songs. With gnr, to sound good, he must have that strong mix voice (mix of mid chest and head voice that create that distinctive sound) and a little rasp (at least). He needs that mix voice to not be weak on songs that are lower (not pure chest voice like browntone.. more for you could, sweet child verses and lower chorus) 

what bugs me is that his zone of high voice confort seemed to reduce a lot after acdc, and year after year since then. 
it kinda happened between 2010 and 2011 but he still had some power to it. Now he just seems afraid to hurt himself and maybe he does not sound good when trying rasp. 

42 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Thing I really don’t get, is he sang Thunderstruck and For Those About to Rock We Salute You like a demon possessed. And he sings Sweet Child like a grandma

It's been discussed a lot. These songs are in a different vocal level/range and power. He's been struggling with the middle, soft rasp he still had back in 2010. The one he used on SCOM, YCBM, NR etc. Thunderstruck is somewhere else, and he could always (well...) nail that. Different type of singing. 

Sweet Child is really bad, even by recent standards. I immediately went from watching the Miami 2020 performance to the Vegas Appetite For Democracy DVD version of the same song, and he sounded so much better in 2012. And I remember thinking how much he'd deteriorated back then, but at least it's listenable. SCOM from 2020 is embarassing.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

I agree. That SCOM wasn't good. But it have sounded like this since 2011. Would probably have been better if they were 4 or 5 concerts in a tour. But again so far from what Axl is capable of...

That's not true. Watch the Appetite for Democracy DVD version (its on Youtube). He sounds far better than than now.

8 minutes ago, bdinan said:

People who say they "prefer" the mickey mouse falsetto are literally only saying that because that's all we have left. A fat man pushing 60 with a wig that Donald Trump could laugh at, squeaking out all these songs. It's an embarrassment and needs to be laid to rest. I remember when Guns N' Roses were "cool." There was a dangerous element to the band. It's a complete and utter joke now. Axl is a parody of himself. 

I know people aren't gonna be pleased with some of those words, but it's tough love time. You can't keep feeding into a mediocre product, because if you keep paying for this garbage, that's all you're gonna get. It's been what, going on four years since this sham, cash grab reunion? And what have we gotten; a painful to listen to version of Slither? Wichita Lineman - which is probably one of the songs Axl does better these days, but what Guns fan actually gives a crap about this song? A cringeworthy tribute version of Black Hole Sun? 

We've gotten as close to nothing new(officially at least) since the band got back together. There's no new single. No new album. I'd stop holding my breath or following the shows. You want the set for the next show? Look at the set for the last show. 

I agree. If NITL finished after 2017 and then we got new music I think it would’ve been fine, but the fact that it’s 2020 and they don’t give a shit or care, and Axl has deteriorated into a shadow of a shadow of his former self, it’s time to throw in the towel. I wouldn’t be upset if they did a farewell tour soon. It’s so fucking over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

That's not true. Watch the Appetite for Democracy DVD version (its on Youtube). He sounds far better than than now.

Watch Troubador version from 2016. He sounds worse than now there. And after that show in 2016 he was a beast with AC/DC and on GNR NA Leg. Axl still can do it

I feel like some people are trying to be negative too much.

He sounds weak on SCOM? No shit! 

He sounded better in one show in 2012? So what? Sounded worse on some others too. And this recent one is well played by Slash and that makes me enjoy that a lot more than 2012 ones.

Axl is fat? Again, no shit. But he lost weight comparing to 2019 shows

You hoped for new music? Me too! But it was pretty obvious.

Things like that are here since 2011. It’s the “magic” of this band. If you are expecting raspy Axl, or new music you can be ready for disappointment.

• Like 1

I mean, SCOM is always weak. If they picked Jungle or something it would have sounded a lot better than this. But it´s pretty much the same level as the previous years

I wanted new music too, but we´re only in February, there´s a lot of time left in 2020. Actually Guns likes to release things in November, so we will see 

• Like 1

I saw Guns N' Roses in Berlin and a few weeks later in Leipzig. In Berlin (first show after the break) Axl Rose was very weak on Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin. In Leipzig SCOM was really solid. And I'm not judge from some YouTube Videos.. I was there and i was really suprised that SCOM sound really good live in Leipzig. I'm pretty sure! When the tour is going, Axl will be better and more powerful on SCOM.  And we talking about SCOM. The most weak song on the current setlist. I'm going to Munich and Hamburg and Axl will be better. The first show after a break always sound weak. Tapai 2009, Rock In Rio 2011, Troubadour 2016 and Berlin 2018... after some weeks he sounded way better.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree. We know he does have a vocal coach but he doesnt rehearse with the band before a tour starts. Maybe because he feels he doesnt want to strain to much and conserve the vocal energy for the shows. But i wpuld have thought vocal chords are like muscles the more you work on themthe stronger they become...to a point. Im sure the extra weight hes carrying cant be helping his diaphram technique, and yes im aware of opera singers that are of a heavy upper build that have excellent diaphram and vocal control.

I think he does care about the type of performance to put on, but the higher registers arnt there anymore, you can tell his face almost explodes trying to get more out but kind of looks like daffy duck where no more power comes out. Maybe the acdc stint has fucked his vocals. I think 2 things he has to do,

Lose the upper to mid weight.

Start introducing more lower register songs into the list. The lower stuff seems to be his strengths

We arnt at bon jovi/paul stanley lip syching yet....i dont know what else he can do at this point. His vocals in 2010 from others that saw the band were good, so what has changed?. Maybe its his pride not wanting to admit the upper register songs he cannot maintain consistantly.

He has a voice coach... but he is not using that coach. When he does you can hear it, 2006, 2016. Years he doesn't use the coach he is usually shit. This year has started off with a bang for Axl. I don't even need to see the performance, I heard jungle and that was awful, so I can use my imagination. The man needs to listen back a couple of his performances, he sounds awful a lot of the time, it's the exception when he actually sounds decent.... and I mean decent, not great!

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have the Fox highlights thing on my DVR. I'm kind of dreading watching it :(

Skip it, you don't need that bad juju :D 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree. If NITL finished after 2017 and then we got new music I think it would’ve been fine, but the fact that it’s 2020 and they don’t give a shit or care, and Axl has deteriorated into a shadow of a shadow of his former self, it’s time to throw in the towel. I wouldn’t be upset if they did a farewell tour soon. It’s so fucking over.

I've come to grips with it. It's a nostalgia act. Kudos to the guys for milking it this long. I'm never gonna fault an artist for taking advantage of dumb people. They've milked this cash cow excessively long with no end in sight. Remarkable business management. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sl4yer said:

He looks the same or thinner than in DL18 proshot, and he was much bigger in 2019 than in 2018. So yeah he definitely lost some weight

One of the You're Crazy videos I watched had some pretty revealing angles. Dude is just as big as he has been. 

• Like 3