New Melissa Reese Article

2 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I'm kinda shocked Jesse Hughes went to the first reunion concert, given the whole "Pigeons of Shit Metal" thing

He had that tattooed on himself. I think he considers it some type of badge of honor that Axl said that about his band, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCollins said:

I'm most interested in the fact she said she is a "member-member" of the band. 

Yeah it seems like they have a partnership where everyone gets a equal say in decision making but Slash Duff and Axl get the final veto power. They also get tour profits now  so probably going by seniority and contributions its perhaps like this.

The tour grossed  $584 million total so  if we dived the pie amongst the band only. This is without taxes, crew payments city fees and per, just a basic explanation of what each member hauled in for the entire tour not per show. The numbers for Frank and Mel may be off because  i got a decimal counting for a percent.

Axl-35%     $204,400,000

Slash-20%   $75,920,000

Duff-18%     $54,662,400

Dizzy-10%    $24,901,760

Richard-10% $22,411,584

Frank-4%.   $8,964,632

Melisa-3%   $2,689,900

I think 4tus-Dizzy- Richard-Frank and Melissa were paid salary when they first joined the band and before Slash and Duff came back but I think judging by what Melissa said I think going forward they all get a share of tour profits. I think they were salaried for NITL but now its over they probably restructured  everything for future tours and records.

Slash,Duff and Axl probably still own the name though.

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

The priority at the moment is a production company she’s formed with Mantia that they’re calling Green Frog. That will be the home for not just their music production work, but also a clothing line, a possible solo album, their live show, and anything else they develop together.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/guns-n-roses-melissa-reese-interview-1003943/

Seems noteworthy that Brain and Melissa call their production company "Green Frog" as its so similar to Axls publishing company (and perhaps production company?) "Black Frog."

Well I understand her, I also feel like vomiting when Axl sings YCBM these days.. 

Edit: but it is a good interview, gives some nice insights.. It is actually the interview I enjoyed the most and found the most informative since the reunion started

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

M'dudes, why are people saying this was a good interview? Our girl talks about pooping, peeing, gorging on candy until puking and not knowing that Guns would be 'a big deal.' And to my reading Greene isnt being kind, editorially, in conveying this info either. And that, along with the tired trope of "classically trained musician" makes up at least 75% of the interview potions. :shrugs:

Im a Mel super fan so I too am pumped that we learned her age, we heard a few different tellings of known stories (with additional info) and we got some excellent new info on her and Brains work. But yikes, we sure are desperate for news and articles if we're quite this happy with the new "where Mel doesnt poop" article :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lame ass security said:

She seems very cool. It was cool when Axl sat her down and said he had her back and she had his.

Yeah that was cool to read. It was also nice to see that Slash seemed to have liked her right away, and Duff wanted her in the band moment he saw that she was a Seahawks fan lol.

• Like 1

I’m still confused as to why a band that has Slash and Fortus on guitars, they need a second keyboard player up there to help “thicken” the guitar sound. That’s the most stupid thing I’ve read on the internet today... :blink: :lol:

If she was really gonna make herself useful up there, why didn’t she add stuff like the cool effects middle part in Coma where Axl is being resuscitated etc.

And lastly, it’s hardly surprising, but she has zero to say on a new GN’R album. Though I’m glad, if that’s the case. The first GN’R album in 25+ years featuring Axl, Slash and Duff, should be written by them, not Melissa Reese

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If you read the paragraph from the interview about just how little Duff & Slash cared about who was joining the band, you'll know all you need to know about this sham of a band. 

Yep, if mel wasnt from seattle would duff still want her in the band i wonder. Slashs priority would have been money and probably wasnt expecting a tour. A few shows, a big payday, i suppose who cares whos in the band?.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

I’m still confused as to why a band that has Slash and Fortus on guitars, they need a second keyboard player up there to help “thicken” the guitar sound. That’s the most stupid thing I’ve read on the internet today... :blink: :lol:

If she was really gonna make herself useful up there, why didn’t she add stuff like the cool effects middle part in Coma where Axl is being resuscitated etc.

And lastly, it’s hardly surprising, but she has zero to say on a new GN’R album. Though I’m glad, if that’s the case. The first GN’R album in 25+ years featuring Axl, Slash and Duff, should be written by them, not Melissa Reese

Thd band never needed a keyboard player to thicken the sound with all of the other lineup....so why now. Fair enough if shes managing the effects and samples but thicken the sound 🤔

When i saw the band in 2017 i couldnt hear what input she was making to the bands sound. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i saw the band in 2017 i couldnt hear what input she was making to the bands sound. 

That's kinda the point. The only time you really notice her, she sounds good (backing vocals). But you can hear what she adds if you listen to the Apollo soundboard, Mr Brownstone is a good example of how she 'thickens the sound'.