Would you take a NITL 'selects' Live Album with the tracks that have been released so far?

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I know the NITL selects have been a hot topic since their inception.. seems like we go longer and longer between video releases.

So, I'm here to pose this question: As a fan, and one who wants to see this band succeed and still keep their name relevant after all these years, would you guys take a "Live" Album of all the songs that have been released?

Yes, I understand Houston is an extreamly popular show and everyone seems to love it, especially after this passed weekends video, but I think Variety is better and more fun. It would keep in line with the "Live Era" compilations. We could get "Live Era: 2016-2019" Right now, then maybe a "2001-2014" (or split it up by era: 2001-2003, 2006-2007, 2009-2014 etc etc) down the road as a vault or even record store day release. Thats what I would do as this band right here and now. 

I think we have all come to the agreed decision that the Youtube videos aren't mixed properly at all. If this band can dish out the cash and take the full multitracks from the soundboard and give them to a producer who can mix them properly, and add that extra bit of pop that makes live albums worth enjoying (crowd noise between songs etc etc) 

The time for picking and choosing this show or that show is over, go to another thread for that. All I'm asking is would you pay out of your own pocket if GNR decided to drop something like this: 

Your looking at a 2 disc digipack based on the songs we've already gotten in the same order as your basic nightly setlist: 

DISC 1:

1. It's So Easy (Salt Lake City 2019)

2. Chinese Democracy (Salt Lake City 2019)

3. Slither (Download 2018) 

4. Double Talkin' Jive (Salt Lake City 2019) 

5. Rocket Queen (Download 2018)

6. You Could Be Mine (Download 2018)

7. [You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory] Attitiude (Download 2018)

8. New Rose (Mexico City 2016)

9. This I Love (Mexico City 2016)

10. Coma (Houston 2016)

DISC 2: 

1. Sweet Child o' Mine (Download 2018)

2. Out Ta Get Me (Houston 2016)

3. My Michelle (Mexico City 2016)

4. November Rain (Mexico City 2016)

?

?

?

**GNR should be able to get the mechanical licenses to cover those songs, as they have in the past, but if there is a problem they may have to sub out the cover songs. 

You also may have to add SCOM to the first disc if theres room just so theres more hits. 

So what do you think? If GNR was to have AMAZING promotion, time, and a nice set of merch that isn't overly priced and isn't the typical run of the mill stuff they have been doing for years, I think this live album could do as well as Metallica's S&M 2 venture..."we did this 20 years ago, but we are improving" Same sort of thing GNR would be doing with this live era disc... the material is obviously there.. 

And if you are going to be one of those people thats like "its all on Youtube, whats the point?"  1 million views on a couple videos does nothing for your career... I don't expect something like this to sell huge numbers, but something over 30k for a live album would be awesome

As for the selects..

3 months till the next one? I guess we will see.. 

Hell no. 

1. I've vowed not to spend any more money on gnr in any way because I think they're a poorly sounding cashgrab who are generally shit to their fanbase and have been for years of not decades. 

2. Most of it quite simply sounds terrible at worst and barely passable at best. 

The only thing I might consider buying is a new album with new material. But I'm not sure I even want that anymore. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

IF it has to be one show only, then yes, Houston would be my choice (or Los Angeles 2016).

But if you asked me, I think the best choice would be to do a "best of" were you have great performances and also lots of countries represented. This was a HUGE tour, it would be a shame to not use that. I'm sure that if we were able to share YT videos here without them being deleted, we could create a really good NITL playlist.

I honestly think that a potential NITL release should be a mix of different countries while also respecting the "good performance" rule. Using a full show to represent a 3 year old tour where they played literally everywhere would be a mistake IMO.

It would also (if you want to be commercial) maximise sales to have many different shows featured.....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, username said:

Hell no. 

1. I've vowed not to spend any more money on gnr in any way because I think they're a poorly sounding cashgrab who are generally shit to their fanbase and have been for years of not decades. 

2. Most of it quite simply sounds terrible at worst and barely passable at best. 

The only thing I might consider buying is a new album with new material. But I'm not sure I even want that anymore. 

Everytime I see your avatar I don't even have to bother reading the post because I know it's going to be the same thing... GnR sucks... cashgrab... blah blah blah. Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion, but what's the point of constantly repeating yourself on here? We get it... you don't like GnR anymore and aren't happy with how they operate, stop repeating yourself over and over. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Everytime I see your avatar I don't even have to bother reading the post because I know it's going to be the same thing... GnR sucks... cashgrab... blah blah blah. Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion, but what's the point in constantly repeating yourself on here? We get it... you don't like GnR anymore and aren't happy with how they operate, stop repeating yourself over and over. 

Isn't everybody in gnr fandom pretty much repeating themselves all the time? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, username said:

Isn't everybody in gnr fandom pretty much repeating themselves all the time? 

No idea, I don't read this sub-forum often because there's hardly ever any news. I just noticed that every time you make a post on here it is the exact same negativity and complaints. Look, you're allowed to do that, but what's the point? Maybe go spend time on something you do enjoy? Just some advice, because we're aware of how you feel about GnR very well by now.

Edited by EvanG

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

IF it has to be one show only, then yes, Houston would be my choice (or Los Angeles 2016).

But if you asked me, I think the best choice would be to do a "best of" were you have great performances and also lots of countries represented. This was a HUGE tour, it would be a shame to not use that. I'm sure that if we were able to share YT videos here without them being deleted, we could create a really good NITL playlist.

I honestly think that a potential NITL release should be a mix of different countries while also respecting the "good performance" rule. Using a full show to represent a 3 year old tour where they played literally everywhere would be a mistake IMO.

Good idea, but its a lot of work. 

If the album had the same performances HELL NO! 100% would not buy it. To this day I haven't watched the full A4D release and that's because I thought the mix was weird and sterile and Axl vocals were a bit ropey (albeit better than the NITL selects).

*Edit - I also much prefer a full concert from one place, shot and recorded on the same night! I love continuity! this is supposed to be a great F'N RN'R band... I'd like them to put a record that's mixed and mastered properly!!! but I want to hear warts and all!! no fixes, just a straight up live band. The bonus addition should include Axls microphone line to the stagehands and band - think download '06 😄

Edited by Tom2112

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I know the NITL selects have been a hot topic since their inception.. seems like we go longer and longer between video releases.

So, I'm here to pose this question: As a fan, and one who wants to see this band succeed and still keep their name relevant after all these years, would you guys take a "Live" Album of all the songs that have been released?

Yes, I understand Houston is an extreamly popular show and everyone seems to love it, especially after this passed weekends video, but I think Variety is better and more fun. It would keep in line with the "Live Era" compilations. We could get "Live Era: 2016-2019" Right now, then maybe a "2001-2014" (or split it up by era: 2001-2003, 2006-2007, 2009-2014 etc etc) down the road as a vault or even record store day release. Thats what I would do as this band right here and now. 

I think we have all come to the agreed decision that the Youtube videos aren't mixed properly at all. If this band can dish out the cash and take the full multitracks from the soundboard and give them to a producer who can mix them properly, and add that extra bit of pop that makes live albums worth enjoying (crowd noise between songs etc etc) 

The time for picking and choosing this show or that show is over, go to another thread for that. All I'm asking is would you pay out of your own pocket if GNR decided to drop something like this: 

Your looking at a 2 disc digipack based on the songs we've already gotten in the same order as your basic nightly setlist: 

DISC 1:

10. Coma (Houston 2016)

DISC 2: 

?

?

?

**GNR should be able to get the mechanical licenses to cover those songs, as they have in the past, but if there is a problem they may have to sub out the cover songs. 

You also may have to add SCOM to the first disc if theres room just so theres more hits. 

So what do you think? If GNR was to have AMAZING promotion, time, and a nice set of merch that isn't overly priced and isn't the typical run of the mill stuff they have been doing for years, I think this live album could do as well as Metallica's S&M 2 venture..."we did this 20 years ago, but we are improving" Same sort of thing GNR would be doing with this live era disc... the material is obviously there.. 

And if you are going to be one of those people thats like "its all on Youtube, whats the point?"  1 million views on a couple videos does nothing for your career... I don't expect something like this to sell huge numbers, but something over 30k for a live album would be awesome

As for the selects..

With the Apollo, Forum, Selects, IEMS out there we could probably create our own when you think about it.  There are some clever folk on here who could do stuff like levelling out volumes so they all are as loud as each other etc amongst all the other technical stuff way over my head...!

And there are some cool artists who could do a nice cover.

Id rather give some cash to an official product (3rd biggest tour of all time deserves to have something - and Fernando has confirmed something is coming from his year......) but in failing that - a custom effort would absolutely do.

31 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

With the Apollo, Forum, Selects, IEMS out there we could probably create our own when you think about it.  There are some clever folk on here who could do stuff like levelling out volumes so they all are as loud as each other etc amongst all the other technical stuff way over my head...!

And there are some cool artists who could do a nice cover.

Id rather give some cash to an official product (3rd biggest tour of all time deserves to have something - and Fernando has confirmed something is coming from his year......) but in failing that - a custom effort would absolutely do.

Mexico 2020 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

But yeah, I'd say we could arrange a pretty elaborate fanmade compilation well and truly before GNR ever release something, but besides people who just want to make GNR content it's going to be a hard sell to put that much effort into something that the bands crew is going to delete from Youtube.

They need to take the strongest YCBM and RQ from the tour if they want to do an official release... So these two songs from Houston... I wouldn't take anything from Download, that just wasn't a good show.. 

I put together a list with performances that I'd like to see in an official release:

1. It's So Easy (Troubadour LA, 01.04.2016)
2. Mr. Brownstone (San Diego, 22.08.2016)
3. Chinese Democracy (Mannheim, 24.06.2018)
4. Welcome To The Jungle (Chicago, 03.07.2016)
5. Double Talkin' Jive (Philadelphia, 08.10.2017)
6. Estranged (Charlotte, 25.09.2019)
7. Live and Let Die (Detroit, 23.06.2016)
8. Rocket Queen (Houston, 05.08.2016)
9. You Could Be Mine (Houston, 05.08.2016)
10. Shadow Of Your Love (Jacksonville, 01.10.2019)
11. Civil War (Philadelphia, 14.07.2016)
12. Don't Cry (Foxboro, 20.07.2016)
13. Locomotive (Manchester, 13.10.2019)
14. Slither (Jacksonville, 01.10.2019)
15. Coma (Houston, 05.08.2016)
16. Slash Solo + Sweet Child O' Mine (Charlotte 25.09.2019)
17. Out Ta Get Me w/ Steven Adler (Cincinnati, 06.07.2016)
18. My Michelle w/ Steven Adler (Cincinnati, 06.07.2016)
19. November Rain (Lincoln, 15.10.2019)
20. Madagascar (Nashville, 13.11.2017)
21. Only Women Bleed + Knockin' on Heavens Door (Prague, 04.07.2017)
22. Nightrain (Manila, 11.11.2018)

23. Riff Raff w/ Angus Young (Sydney, 11.02.2017)
24. Patience (Glendale, 15.08.2016)
25. The Seeker (Rio, 23.09.2017)
26. Paradise City w/ Dave Grohl (Tulsa, 14.11.2017)

That's a selection I'd pay money for (if filmed and mixed properly) 

38 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

They need to take the strongest YCBM and RQ from the tour if they want to do an official release... So these two songs from Houston... I wouldn't take anything from Download, that just wasn't a good show.. 

I put together a list with performances that I'd like to see in an official release:

Great selection - is this based on bootlegs which are out there?

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

DISC 1:

10. Coma (Houston 2016)

DISC 2: 

?

?

?

As for the selects..

A live album with the songs from the Selects? No, I wouldn’t take it. Only the last Selects was good and still had mixing problems. But I would enjoy if they would put the songs from the last Selects (You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory (Intro)/New Rose, My Michelle, Coma, This I Love, Out Ta Get Me and November Rain) in a live album, as long as they were very well mixed.

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They could actually make a decent 'compilation' live album... the vast majority of it would be from the NA 2016 run, but that's what we want anyway.

I agree with this, I mean, I think some songs like It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Double Talkin' Jive, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory (Intro)/New Rose and Chinese Democracy could be from other places and/or different years to diversify.

Edited by diegodasilva23
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, EvanG said:

No idea, I don't read this sub-forum often because there's hardly ever any news. I just noticed that every time you make a post on here it is the exact same negativity and complaints. Look, you're allowed to do that, but what's the point? Maybe go spend time on something you do enjoy? Just some advice, because we're aware of how you feel about GnR very well by now.

People are absolutely allowed to discuss the fact they are no longer fans of this bullshit of a band after years of being diehards.

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

People are absolutely allowed to discuss the fact they are no longer fans of this bullshit of a band after years of being diehards.

Of course, and also to be negative and give criticism. I agree with a lot of the criticism they receive because they deserve it. However, some posters (like the one I quoted) take every opportunity on here to spew the same old complaints and that is getting a bit tiring. Just state your opinion once or twice and leave it at that. Don't become a broken record or like one of those miserable people on social media who are always making the same complaints day in, day out. It's redundant and a waste of time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SAU3R said:

very good selection. I would like to hear best performance of "Better" (Apollo?) and "There Was A Time" (San Diego?)