Would you take a NITL 'selects' Live Album with the tracks that have been released so far?

I know the NITL selects have been a hot topic since their inception.. seems like we go longer and longer between video releases.

So, I'm here to pose this question: As a fan, and one who wants to see this band succeed and still keep their name relevant after all these years, would you guys take a "Live" Album of all the songs that have been released?

Yes, I understand Houston is an extreamly popular show and everyone seems to love it, especially after this passed weekends video, but I think Variety is better and more fun. It would keep in line with the "Live Era" compilations. We could get "Live Era: 2016-2019" Right now, then maybe a "2001-2014" (or split it up by era: 2001-2003, 2006-2007, 2009-2014 etc etc) down the road as a vault or even record store day release. Thats what I would do as this band right here and now. 

I think we have all come to the agreed decision that the Youtube videos aren't mixed properly at all. If this band can dish out the cash and take the full multitracks from the soundboard and give them to a producer who can mix them properly, and add that extra bit of pop that makes live albums worth enjoying (crowd noise between songs etc etc) 

The time for picking and choosing this show or that show is over, go to another thread for that. All I'm asking is would you pay out of your own pocket if GNR decided to drop something like this: 

Your looking at a 2 disc digipack based on the songs we've already gotten in the same order as your basic nightly setlist: 

DISC 1:

1. It's So Easy (Salt Lake City 2019)

2. Chinese Democracy (Salt Lake City 2019)

3. Slither (Download 2018) 

4. Double Talkin' Jive (Salt Lake City 2019) 

5. Rocket Queen (Download 2018)

6. You Could Be Mine (Download 2018)

7. [You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory] Attitiude (Download 2018)

8. New Rose (Mexico City 2016)

9. This I Love (Mexico City 2016)

10. Coma (Houston 2016)

DISC 2: 

1. Sweet Child o' Mine (Download 2018)

2. Out Ta Get Me (Houston 2016)

3. My Michelle (Mexico City 2016)

4. November Rain (Mexico City 2016)

?

?

?

**GNR should be able to get the mechanical licenses to cover those songs, as they have in the past, but if there is a problem they may have to sub out the cover songs. 

You also may have to add SCOM to the first disc if theres room just so theres more hits. 

So what do you think? If GNR was to have AMAZING promotion, time, and a nice set of merch that isn't overly priced and isn't the typical run of the mill stuff they have been doing for years, I think this live album could do as well as Metallica's S&M 2 venture..."we did this 20 years ago, but we are improving" Same sort of thing GNR would be doing with this live era disc... the material is obviously there.. 

And if you are going to be one of those people thats like "its all on Youtube, whats the point?"  1 million views on a couple videos does nothing for your career... I don't expect something like this to sell huge numbers, but something over 30k for a live album would be awesome

As for the selects..

3 months till the next one? I guess we will see.. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I know the NITL selects have been a hot topic since their inception.. seems like we go longer and longer between video releases.

So, I'm here to pose this question: As a fan, and one who wants to see this band succeed and still keep their name relevant after all these years, would you guys take a "Live" Album of all the songs that have been released?

Yes, I understand Houston is an extreamly popular show and everyone seems to love it, especially after this passed weekends video, but I think Variety is better and more fun. It would keep in line with the "Live Era" compilations. We could get "Live Era: 2016-2019" Right now, then maybe a "2001-2014" (or split it up by era: 2001-2003, 2006-2007, 2009-2014 etc etc) down the road as a vault or even record store day release. Thats what I would do as this band right here and now. 

I think we have all come to the agreed decision that the Youtube videos aren't mixed properly at all. If this band can dish out the cash and take the full multitracks from the soundboard and give them to a producer who can mix them properly, and add that extra bit of pop that makes live albums worth enjoying (crowd noise between songs etc etc) 

The time for picking and choosing this show or that show is over, go to another thread for that. All I'm asking is would you pay out of your own pocket if GNR decided to drop something like this: 

Your looking at a 2 disc digipack based on the songs we've already gotten in the same order as your basic nightly setlist: 

DISC 1:

1. It's So Easy (Salt Lake City 2019)

2. Chinese Democracy (Salt Lake City 2019)

3. Slither (Download 2018) 

4. Double Talkin' Jive (Salt Lake City 2019) 

5. Rocket Queen (Download 2018)

6. You Could Be Mine (Download 2018)

7. [You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory] Attitiude (Download 2018)

8. New Rose (Mexico City 2016)

9. This I Love (Mexico City 2016)

10. Coma (Houston 2016)

DISC 2: 

1. Sweet Child o' Mine (Download 2018)

2. Out Ta Get Me (Houston 2016)

3. My Michelle (Mexico City 2016)

4. November Rain (Mexico City 2016)

?

?

?

**GNR should be able to get the mechanical licenses to cover those songs, as they have in the past, but if there is a problem they may have to sub out the cover songs. 

You also may have to add SCOM to the first disc if theres room just so theres more hits. 

So what do you think? If GNR was to have AMAZING promotion, time, and a nice set of merch that isn't overly priced and isn't the typical run of the mill stuff they have been doing for years, I think this live album could do as well as Metallica's S&M 2 venture..."we did this 20 years ago, but we are improving" Same sort of thing GNR would be doing with this live era disc... the material is obviously there.. 

And if you are going to be one of those people thats like "its all on Youtube, whats the point?"  1 million views on a couple videos does nothing for your career... I don't expect something like this to sell huge numbers, but something over 30k for a live album would be awesome

As for the selects..

3 months till the next one? I guess we will see.. 

I love the reunion, but this tour doesn’t contain new music and isn’t strong enough to warrant a live album for a proper release. Although, I would welcome a release of mixed properly and contained every CD song played Slash on tour. I’d like to have those. S&M 2 is fresh in many ways this tour is not and it’s a one off.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah if they had it remixed properly so it sounds great and not like there's a blanket over the speakers then yes I would buy it. The Download one sounds pretty good though (especially Duff's bass).

This.  Also I want to concentrate on the positive aspects of what is happening and look forward to more.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

This.  Also I want to concentrate on the positive aspects of what is happening and look forward to more.

What positive aspects

Actually since we have those soundboards of the Apollo and Forum shows I'm happy with those. Any live release wouldn't be any better than that.

As long as it is mixed properly and they pick mostly audio from 2016 I would buy it lol.  Regarding why anyone would want it, well for me personally I enjoy listening to different eras of different bands and think that when this current lineup is on it, they sound great and I especially would love a recent live album of Slash, Axl, and Duff back together. 

30 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What positive aspects

Actually since we have those soundboards of the Apollo and Forum shows I'm happy with those. Any live release wouldn't be any better than that.

Sometimes you just have to keep digging and eventually you will find something:smiley-confused2:

Couldn’t have said it better than @StrangerInThisTown. There is no point in releasing an audio-only NITL record. 
- They’ve done everything better in the old era. Even if they only chose 2016 (which I doubt), it would still suck if compared. 
- There are no new songs. If they played them 4 years ago, this idea might have been more reasonable... but it didn’t happen. 
- I’d expect poor sales. The older fans / casuals have already ticked the "I’ve seen Axl and Slash together again" box, and if they’re gonna listen to GNR at home, they’ll surely prefer some classics (or Live Era, if they crave live stuff), not this. As for die hards like us... I don’t know, man. This would probably be the first GNR release I wouldn’t buy. 
Why would I wanna listen to it? If anything, they need to release a DVD – some 2016 gig or a mixture. Professional mixing and all that. 

I absolutely would buy it. I know there are the Apollo/Forums shows as has been mentioned which are as good as official anyway (particularly Apollo as that was remixed by Caram I think?) however the vocals are quite inconsistent - they were both latter half 2017. Having Houston 2016  (or any show from that particular 2016 run) would be great.

Yes the songs may have been better before but that’s not to say there isn’t anything to enjoy with this line-up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

With the song selection they've chosen? No.

Houston in full, yes.

Yep, this sums it up. 

The Salt Lake City one was underwhelming, the Download one really bad, but the last one (Houston/Mexico) I liked. 

I would 100 per cent buy a live album if it was taken from the latter.

I see people's issues with buying it totally though. I don't really like the idea of paying for the same old songs again, but I'd get enough enjoyment out of a live album to justify the price tag, because I really love live albums in general. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

IF it has to be one show only, then yes, Houston would be my choice (or Los Angeles 2016).

But if you asked me, I think the best choice would be to do a "best of" were you have great performances and also lots of countries represented. This was a HUGE tour, it would be a shame to not use that. I'm sure that if we were able to share YT videos here without them being deleted, we could create a really good NITL playlist.

I honestly think that a potential NITL release should be a mix of different countries while also respecting the "good performance" rule. Using a full show to represent a 3 year old tour where they played literally everywhere would be a mistake IMO.

100%. Dodger or Houston for full concerts or a select spanning the tour as can easily secure great performances from over those years....the Its So Easys etc kick ass at every gig so the more ‘comfortable’ songs can represent the later years.