08/08/21 - Detroit, MI - Comerica Park

alfierose

24 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They have dropped the covers, though?

Duff's solo spot has been a TSI cover for the whole tour so replacing it with another cover is fine, and Slither is only 'kind of' a cover IMO, but they've dropped Black Hole Sun, The Seeker and Wichita Lineman... :shrugs:

Most of the covers are in the alt setlist, including Black Hole Sun, lol.

4 hours ago, Manicstreet said:

Ughhhh. I just realized they dropped dead horse and added patience at the met life show. Going to be absolutely bummed if that is a permanent change. Dead horse was the main reason I bought tickets.

I think it may be permanent cause absurd > dead horse will kill the momentum for the casual fan.

It would be nice if they dropped Absurd and kept DH if they had to drop 1 of those 2 but no chance of that happening 

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Russ....Zoso....anyone?

If there's any possible way to get an extra of the RoboCop litho, I'd shit my pants.

My love of GNR is well-docutmented.  But my love of RoboCop is almost as fanatic.

This is a match made in heaven for me.

1-all-3.jpg

I’ll try

I’m on my way down to get them at the truck. I heard there’s a limit but we will see

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Russ....Zoso....anyone?

If there's any possible way to get an extra of the RoboCop litho, I'd shit my pants.

My love of GNR is well-docutmented.  But my love of RoboCop is almost as fanatic.

This is a match made in heaven for me.

1-all-3.jpg

As far as I'm aware @ZoSoRoseis heading there now to get a litho. Shoot him a PM asap

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I say this with zero sarcasm: they did all I asked for. They made slight changes to the overall set, then happened to release a new song. So I'm more than happy to go 

Yeah I think most people weren't setting a high bar, we just wanted the possibility of new music and setlists that can't be written with near 100% right weeks before the show.

With Absurd coming in from nearly stage left (who would have predicted it would be a single 2 weeks ago?) it also raises the real possibility of more music on top of Hard Skool coming down the line as well.

In a way this leg of the tour now has the slight air of early 2006, in that there is a sense once again that you truly can't be sure there isn't going to be new music being played at the show or a real curve ball thrown into the mix.

And its bloody great, even with Axl very limited in terms of what he can realistically do. 

• Like 2

Just now, koldbeer2 said:

Yeah I think most people weren't setting a high bar, we just wanted the possibility of new music and setlists that can't be written with near 100% right weeks before the show.

With Absurd coming in from nearly stage left (who would have predicted it would be a single 2 weeks ago?) it also raises the real possibility of more music on top of Hard Skool coming down the line as well.

In a way this leg of the tour now has the slight air of early 2006, in that there is a sense once again that you truly can't be sure there isn't going to be new music being played at the show or a real curve ball thrown into the mix.

And its bloody great, even with Axl very limited in terms of what he can realistically do. 

Agreed on all points and my thing with Axl's voice is that when you're actually at the show, it sounds fine. Probably just the wall of sound or something, but whatever. When you're there, it's fine. It's when you watch the show again on YouTube the next day that you get into trouble LOL 

• Like 3

On 8/6/2021 at 12:25 PM, RussTCB said:

Right on. 

I have a REALLY busy morning on Sunday but I'm crossing my fingers I can be free by 1 or so. 

I should know a little better by Saturday night what Sunday will look like. 

Assuming I'll be free by 1ish, I'd be happy to have some folks stop by prior to the show. I think the show is supposed to start at 6, so there should be a good amount of time to hang out prior. 

Have fun Russ! Let us know with details how was the show :)

• Like 1

What a crazy time. 

I saw GN'R do new material in 2002 and 2006 but an album didn't come out until 2008. 

Then the soonest I got to see them after the album was released was 3 years later. 

Now, they've just released a new song by surprise 2 days ago and I get to hear it in person tonight. 

Wild times.