Nightrain best performance

ssiscool

So what would you say is the best performance of nightrain overall?

As much as I love the illusion lineup, none of their performances holds a torch to Rock Am Ring from '06. I think the only version that comes close is the Marquee 87. The 06-10 lineup really was firing on all cylinders with Nightrain

Edited by ssiscool
  • GNFNR 1

• ssiscool changed the title to Nightrain best performance
On 12/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Best performace? My personal opinion is Download 2006. That '06 lineup was insane. 

On 12/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, James Bond said:

Download 2006 is also pretty strong but I think RAR edges it out overall.

On 12/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, Sosso said:

Download 06

See i found the Download '06 preformance to be pretty weak. BBF was clearly having technical dificulties as you can't hear his solo's. Axl appears to forget the words at the end of the main solo and just keep repeating "Nightrain". On the plus side though, Izzy was there...

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

See i found the Download '06 preformance to be pretty weak. BBF was clearly having technical dificulties as you can't hear his solo's. Axl appears to forget the words at the end of the main solo and just keep repeating "Nightrain". On the plus side though, Izzy was there...

Was Bumble's sound an issue at the actual show? I thought his (missing) guitar just wasn't in the mix that we have and not a technical issue. Never listened to an audience boot of it, however.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 5:18 PM, James Bond said:

Was Bumble's sound an issue at the actual show? I thought his (missing) guitar just wasn't in the mix that we have and not a technical issue. Never listened to an audience boot of it, however.

Yeah I was gonna say, I think they just didn't put his solos in the pro shot we have.

2006 for me was the year! RAR was great! I don't think Axl every sounded as good, and the band had the balance of agro and tightness! 2010 came close but no other era is as good in my opinion, including 80s 90s. I would have loved to have heard Slash playing over the RAR (him in that line up🤤), but it's still great without him! That band was fucking hungry! They absolutely destroyed before and after them! I'm so, so ! glad I got to see that 06 tour! People say this about seeing a band before they were signed, but it definitely applies here! If you missed them at that time, you missed out!!

Edited by Tom2112
  • GNFNR 2

• 3 weeks later...