Have You Given Up On The Band?

Well sort of. Some time ago. I'm still here because I'm still interested but I have zero expectations. I'm disappointed, disillusioned and generally sad when I think of the abomination my favourite band has become. I don't plan on attending shows and I don't buy the merchandise. 

Edited by Sisyphus

54 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'm too far down the road to stop at this point. I have faith. Let's see what happens.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

Obviously not totally given up as I still come here (although a lot of that is the people who lost here, who I enjoy talking to and often give me some laughs). It's almost like a soap opera that you keep following at this stage. 

I don't think we'll see another album though.....even though there's every potential for it to happen, but I'd love to be wrong. 

• Like 2

I think I do what most people do, check the forum once every few days in the hope there's a new leak. That's all we can hope for. I genuinely don't think we'll see a new album. 

Second to that I check the forum hoping for a new interview where Fortus says "we all want it... we're seriously thinking about the way to move forward..." 

• Like 2

No. But then again, I don't take it all as seriously as all the negative nancies on here. It's just a rock n roll band.

I never thought Slash would ever get back, and look what happened. I'm sure that there will be new music coming out at one point, whether it's years from now or sooner than I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Well sort of. Some time ago. I'm still here because I'm still interested but I have zero expectations. I'm disappointed, disillusioned and generally sad when I think of the abomination my favourite band has become. I don't plan on attending shows and I don't buy the merchandise. 

This 

• Like 1

Out of all those many years, I see no reason why this one in particular should be the one to give up on the band (and as was said above, I as well have been in for too long to give up anyway; it’s an integral part of my life). I’ve said it here before: we lack perspective. We get (quite understandably) angry after no news for 3 or 4 months. I remember entire years passing by without pretty much a single interview or any info about the band. 

Yes, their way of conduct sucks balls, but that doesn’t mean the album hasn’t been finished already and isn’t being mixed or something. Concerts will probably start during summer/fall of 2021. It will be fine. Sure, they could/should be releasing singles, studio videos etc., the “mystery” thing is ridiculous in this extent, their management is horrible and all that, but what can you do. 

The only thing that actually kind of troubles me is Axl’s voice. Will he be able to pull off something at least close to the 2016 version? Even if just for the studio recordings?

As for live gigs, I don’t really care, to be honest. They’d have to completely stir up and refurbish the set for me to be assed to go. And even in that case I sort of doubt it, because I just can’t manage to keep standing for 4–5 hours any longer (if I wanna be near, or in, the mosh pit), and sitting somewhere at the back is useless (sound-wise and other), I might as well watch it on Youtube.