06/23/22 - Groningen, NL - Stadspark

alfierose

37 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I think he’s got the ability, he just holds back on this one now for some reason. 

In regards to the Back In Black album, I believe he said something along the lines of:

“Sing it wrong then you won’t be singing again…” 

I think it’s purely to show he can still get up there to sing it in light of many of his peers unable to pull off their own hits. Regardless of what people think about Axl’s voice, he is obviously proud of being able to pull off 3 hour shows in the way he does going by his reaction to Eddie Trunk’s compliments after seeing them in 2011 where his voice is essentially the same now as it was then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jwalker19 said:

Imagine playing 28 songs and it being considered a short setlist by some fans.

Seriously.. 

I like that they have shaken up the start of the show a bit..  I don't think they have played anything but CD in the number 3 slot for the last 6 years.. Then all of a sudden within the last 4 shows they threw Jungle and Slither into that spot. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wreckless said:

short setlist. 

I don't think it's realistic to complain about any setlist by any artist that goes well over 2 hours being short. I get what you mean, they've played longer sets, but do keep in mind that most bands are done in 2 hours sharp. Some even sooner. 

Edited by username
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Another thing I noticed for the first time is that Axl is becoming an old man. I think it's the weightloss and of course the fact he's 60 😄 It doesn't seem that long, but it has been four years since my last show.

It made me realize I'll go see any show I can go to, whether it's GNR, Slash or Duff. You never know when it's your last chance and I always have a blast.

It's kinda mind-boggling. Of course there was pandemic, but imagine they keep playing next shows you can attend in 4-year intervals. Then the next show you'd see Axl would be 64, and the next show 68.

All I can think of is to be appreciative and enjoy it while it lasts. And it really translates to all our favorite bands, not just Guns...

Edited by swirkh
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Funny how different things are from different people's perspectives. Half of these threads are complaints that they keep playing the same songs. But, there are people like you who want to hear some of those same songs and are disappointed if they aren't played.

We want different things in the setlist because deep down we want new songs or some signs of life for a UYI box.

But I'm seeing them in Glasgow too and if those things aren't happening AND they aren't pulling out other deep cuts then yeah there is stuff in the current set I want to see such as Reckless, Shadow, HS, YC because I've never seen them before and by the next time I see them they might not be in rotation anymore.

If I was at that show as a hardcore fan, I'd be really upset that I didn't get to hear the new single that has been the only thing they promoted recently.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Discussions about phone recordings not being accurate are getting ridiculous :facepalm:

When I saw them live recently I thought he was singing awesome. He doesn’t sound that awesome on my recordings. So yes, of course he sounds better live. That’s 100% true. But phone recordings are (usually) very accurate. 

There are multiple reasons why he sounds better in person

1. Everything is way more loud and powerful live, so you won’t hear nor pay attention to his weaker spots

2. You are excited that you’re seeing Guns N’ Roses, you don’t analyze his vocals

3. If you’re the real fan you’re constantly singing along, so that also takes some of your focus.

But on the slower and softer songs like NR I could still hear that his voice sounds weak and weird, even live.

Anyway, these are the reasons he sounds better live, Axl doesn’t have a magical voice that can’t be accurately captuered on the video.

Don't bring this kind of common sense to discussion of Axl's vocals ;) 

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, god knows we can complain about many things, but I don't think the length of the setlists should be one of them. 

I would disagree in a way. And I only say that because I think that, sometimes, less is more. Especially for an aging band. However, I also acknowledge the fact that a longer setlist means you're getting more of the band/songs you love, and so that can't be a bad thing.

So, I think the complaints have merit, but I can also see the other side for those that are attending the shows and loving all 58 songs, or however many songs they're playing now. Personally, I don't really have an issue with the length of the setlist. I just think the covers are a bit overkill at this point. Just slide a few more original songs in there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lio said:

It was a great show for me. It was my 9th since 2017, only show on this leg though, so I al disappointed we didn't get HS. I wonder if they just forgot because of the mixing up of the set. It sounds silly, but I don't see any reason for them to skip it.

So when I heard Sorry, that seemed really random in the encore. No one was waiting for that.

The hits got the most response from the crowd obviously, but I was surprised to see so much response to civil war and Patience. Great songs, of course, but I don't Remember that from other shows.

Axl seemed in a great mood, Slash too. He seemed more smiley than he usually is to me. He obviously still loves playing Coma a lot.

After Coma, the guy behind me said it was the best Coma he's heard. I couldn't say. Axl struggled at the end, but being in the front, you don't really notice Axl's flaws.

Another thing I noticed for the first time is that Axl is becoming an old man. I think it's the weightloss and of course the fact he's 60 😄 It doesn't seem that long, but it has been four years since my last show.

It made me realize I'll go see any show I can go to, whether it's GNR, Slash or Duff. You never know when it's your last chance and I always have a blast.

Im glad you had a good time. 

Yes, I noticed Axl's aged since last show. It is kinda a sad thing to watch our idols getting older because we wish them to be  young forever.🤧

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Politania said:

Yes, I noticed Axl's aged since last show. It is kinda a sad thing to watch our idols getting older because we wish them to be  young forever.🤧

I would really love to hear an "old GnR" album someday. No high pitched screaming and 1000 layers, just a bunch of stonesy, cool, freshly written tunes with interesting lyrics. With Izzy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Politania said:

Really? I think he’s looking, fitter, healthier and happier than he was on the last show I’ve been to.

He’s not getting younger but he is surely taking good care of himself :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I would really love to hear an "old GnR" album someday. No high pitched screaming and 1000 layers, just a bunch of stonesy, cool, freshly written tunes with interesting lyrics. With Izzy.

It wont happen. I never had a chance to hear Axl's signature voice on life show 😪

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Really? I think he’s looking, fitter, healthier and happier than he was on the last show I’ve been to.

He’s not getting younger but he is surely taking good care of himself :)

Yes you are right, he does look fitter, and happier ( i really appreciate his effort to look fit) but  what i said was more about his face. Dont get me wrong, I like him more the way is now....happy and healthy, but the guy is ageing as we all.  Funny thing is that we don't see aging signs in our bodies, until someone tells us how we has changed or when we compare two photos. Lol

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lio said:

this is true and so sad to me bc is a human reality and is so hard to take with you r idols 

• Like 1