09/11/21 - Atlantic City, NJ - Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena

Powerage5

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think he was saying in an around about way to celebrate America for its perseverance but also that when America found bin laden they just killed him and threw him in the sea,  so there's still clearly the shit side of America. 

I couldn't make out everything he was saying, but he was laughing and smiling when he said the thing about Bin Laden. I didn't get the impression he was being critical of it at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I couldn't make out everything he was saying, but he was laughing and smiling when he said the thing about Bin Laden. I didn't get the impression he was being critical of it at all.

Ah that's your take, my take was that he thought it was crazy that they shot him in the head, put him in a bin bag & threw him in the ocean. This was a small, small portion of what he said, the rest was 100% a commemoration for 9/11. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just listened to Jungle and Better... they were better than I expected, but I still think Better should be replaced. That clip of Estranged sounded good. I stopped following the streams a while ago because the only songs that actually sound good are You're Crazy and Absurd.

Patience sounds good, too - at least in the video from Indianapolis that I watched.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Patience sounds good, too - at least in the video from Indianapolis that I watched.

Yea Patience and Wichita are good too, forgot about those. I saw a video of Wichita from a few shows ago that was nice.

Absurd is a good example of what the show could be like - it's not one of their best songs and most of the audience isn't too familiar with it, but they do a good performance of it. Axl sounds strong and they're all into it. You're Crazy and Wichita are Axl's highlights because he sounds like Axl fuckin' Rose. It's crazy to me that they still won't play stuff like Pretty Tied Up, Down On The Farm, Bad Obsession...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have watched a fair share of videos and there are plenty of songs that sound good.  I saw an awesome Don't Cry...  I even Saw a good Sweet Child after one of Slash's solos last week.  other songs too. It's So Easy, Brownstone, DTJ.. There have been good NR and Jungles... Some of the Rocket Queens have been pretty good... The Seeker, KOHD.. There is plenty of good footage to watch.. You guys mentioned Patience, Whitchita and You're Crazy already.. Don't people generally consider CD to be sang good as well? Axl won't be great every time but when he is struggling I find it easy to focus on Slash since he has been playing like a beast..

I think Chinese is usually pretty passable live. Overall, I am pretty impressed with this tour. Even though I got an earlier show and he seems to be a bit better now, it was a good one! I just wish Hard Skool was the new song instead of Absurd (or in addition to)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think he was saying in an around about way to celebrate America for its perseverance but also that when America found bin laden they just killed him and threw him in the sea,  so there's still clearly the shit side of America. 

No. Sounds like he was celebrating that they killed him and also dump him dead in the ocean where he belongs. Fish food

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think Chinese is usually pretty passable live. Overall, I am pretty impressed with this tour. Even though I got an earlier show and he seems to be a bit better now, it was a good one! I just wish Hard Skool was the new song instead of Absurd (or in addition to)

Yeah, my show was the 2nd one.. Was a great time but Axl was rusty and his voice was in rough shape... Shorter set, with a one song encore..  I just wish after all these years Axl would see some benefit in rehearsing before the tour instead of using shows that we pay a lot of money for to rehearse... That way they could just come out the gate swinging.  Just about every other band does this... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have watched a fair share of videos and there are plenty of songs that sound good.  I saw an awesome Don't Cry...  I even Saw a good Sweet Child after one of Slash's solos last week.  other songs too. It's So Easy, Brownstone, DTJ.. There have been good NR and Jungles... Some of the Rocket Queens have been pretty good... The Seeker, KOHD.. There is plenty of good footage to watch.. You guys mentioned Patience, Whitchita and You're Crazy already.. Don't people generally consider CD to be sang good as well? Axl won't be great every time but when he is struggling I find it easy to focus on Slash since he has been playing like a beast..

After watching some recent videos I'll give them credit where it's due, about half the set now sounds pretty good or passable, which is more than I could say for the 2018-20 shows and the first shows of this tour. I still think there's about 1/3 of the set that should be replaced or at least alternated with deep cuts, but there's still been a clear improvement... and new music probably has a lot to do with it.