Absurd - Silkworms 2.0 ???

• Sosso changed the title to Absurd - Silkworms 2.0 ???
2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This fucking guy :lol:

nEw MuSiC iS hErE!!!!

It's silkworms

Listen, motherfuckers, to the song that should be heard. Now with Slash! :slash:

Edited by Sosso
  • Wow 1

That's where it comes from:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255074411901?hash=item3b639ea57d:g:NSYAAOSw2jZhBxXX

s-l1600.jpg

The seller claims the setlist was given to him by a crew member after the show. I see he has a good reputation on ebay, but I how common is it for crew members to give setlists to people?

Anyway, even if it's real, it can't be Silkworms :lol:

EDIT: I see it's been sold already.

Edited by Blackstar

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

s-l1600.jpg

The seller claims the setlist was given to him by a crew member after the show. I see he has a good reputation on ebay, but I how common is it for crew members to give setlists to people?

The setlist is fake theres nowhere on the setlist where alts can be added and they didnt play seeker. Also if this is the setlist then whats the deal with the one that was leaked on the day with the dinosaur?

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

hope they play Silkworms, just because it'll be hilarious to read Slash fanboys trying to explain how he made it better and 'more like GNR'. :lol:

Slash fanboy here, nothing could save whatever the hell Silkworms is lmao.  I hope to the high heavens that song is locked up where nobody will ever hear it - in a vault that says "new GNR music that will be released" :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The one with the dinosaur was never confirmed to be real. Could've been from Mexico 2020 honestly. Not that it matters since it was basically the same anyway.

I hope they play Silkworms, just because it'll be hilarious to read Slash fanboys trying to explain how he made it better and 'more like GNR'. :lol:

If Slash does for Silkworms, what he’s already done for Hardschool, then absolutely there’s the chance for it to be better and more like GN’R.

Pussy full of Maggots FTW! :lol:

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

s-l1600.jpg

Outside of the talk of Silkworms and Hardschool, is this really the “next chapter” and “all new show” that was promoted….? What a crock of shit

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I hope they play Silkworms, just because it'll be hilarious to read Slash fanboys trying to explain how he made it better and 'more like GNR'. :lol:

Not a fanboy (neither Slash or Axl), I think it would be interesting.

Just listen to the instrumental Universal Monsters Maze, ie We belong dead

Edited by izzyjim

In the slimmest chance this is real, then that would mean pretty much anything Axl has recorded vocals for is fair game.

So that would be: Hard Skool (which we now know is the right spelling thanks to Meegan’s now-deleted Instagram post of the stage graphic), Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, Silkworms/Absurd, Eye On You (ugh!), Oh My God (it was on a 2018 setlist, so why not?), Zodiac (we know thanks to the leaked studio notes that a version with vocals exists), Leave Me Alone/Elvis/Soul Monster (Axl said he recorded vocals for it), Oklahoma/Berlin (Axl said he had lyrics for it) The General (leaked phone clip proves he sings on it) and Down By The Ocean (which Izzy did all the heavy-lifting for).

So that’s already 12 songs. Plus there’s also Ain’t Goin’ Down but I assume they’re saving that for a potential UYI box. And there’s also all the unreleased Hell House songs but I assume the band can’t even touch those due to Arkeen’s estate.

But anyways, if this setlist is real, then it just proves that they’re scraping the bottom of the barrel and Axl has no interest in recording anything new. I’ll take what I can get at this point, though.

• Like 1

It's pretty much possible to turn Silkworms into a guitar driven, more straight forward rock song instead of the Buckethead/BBF version that leaked in 2018. I even made a guitar arrangement for the 2019 demo myself for my YT channel.

But if it was real, Absurd could be a totally different track too. The Bucket/BBF version is still too damn wacky, and it still sounds like an attempt rather than a full fleshed out song.

8 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Idk, the pristine non-crinkled quality of the paper and the time stamp at the bottom seems very sketchy to me.  I am assuming fake until proved otherwise

Yeah, noticed that too. It seems like the guy didn't even fold it up. 

Also, didnt some songs had a different writing on setlists? Like "EASY" instead of "IT'S SO EASY", or "CHINESE" instead of "CHINESE DEMOCRACY"? 

• Like 1