ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

There’s no way anyone expect this to be a commercial hit. I think they are posturing themselves as a band that’s making legit stuff and not streets of Los Angeles. Clearly. I could be wrong. But I think they are having fun and setting some expectations 

*proof read and left it. Wrong song title. Point exactly 

Edited by suckerpunched03
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

10 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Personally I think the instrumental part is good... It has a groove. I really don't know who wrote the lyrics , if it was Axl, Pittman with Dizzy or the 3 together... But it's a weak melody and with tempo flaws! A begginer mistake. 

Slash inputs are much better in the studio than it has been live . Don't get the british accent on this one. I get it on Down On The Farm, here it doesn't make sense. The bridge is cool because it's a left turn ... 

Sayin that , you can write, rewrite, record, re-record, tweak here and there, produce, over produce... A weak ideia always will be a weak idea, no matter how hard you work on it

Maybe Axl nixed the “What can I do with a bitch like you” because it was Pittmans lyric? But it was nixed in the Bumblefoot leak so who knows

Just now, Top-Hatted One said:

Maybe Axl nixed the “What can I do with a bitch like you” because it was Pittmans lyric? But it was nixed in the Bumblefoot leak so who knows

Nah, they changed that part while Chris was still in the band. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I haven't been on here since this thing came out because I've been a little busy losing my goddamn mind, but WOW. I can't believe my ears. 

I'm sure I'll formulate a more critical opinion tomorrow, but for right now, I'm just taking it all in.

My favorite band has released new music for the first time in 13 years. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

15 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Personally I think the instrumental part is good... It has a groove. I really don't know who wrote the lyrics , if it was Axl, Pittman with Dizzy or the 3 together... But it's a weak melody and with tempo flaws! A begginer mistake. 

Slash inputs are much better in the studio than it has been live . Don't get the british accent on this one. I get it on Down On The Farm, here it doesn't make sense. The bridge is cool because it's a left turn ... 

Sayin that , you can write, rewrite, record, re-record, tweak here and there, produce, over produce... A weak ideia always will be a weak idea, no matter how hard you work on it

I like what you say here. I think over the years AXL got so technical/worried/perfectionist, whatever you want to say. You make a song, release it. Rn’R is not supposed to be perfect. I don’t totally dig this song, but it’s a step. Just release what you all have made or re-recorded, some will like it, some won’t. People will still come to see GN’R. They probably missed out on a a lot of good albums because of worrying about the perfect GN’R record. Hard to come out with your best album first. Hard to live up to.

Edited by mamundson

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I haven't been on here since this thing came out because I've been a little busy losing my goddamn mind, but WOW. I can't believe my ears. 

I'm sure I'll formulate a more critical opinion tomorrow, but for right now, I'm just taking it all in.

My favorite band has released new music for the first time in 13 years. 

This is exactly how I feel, kinda speechless

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

The best song on CD? Pass that pipe! I can't think of a song on CD I wouldn't rather hear than this except maybe TIL. 

May very well just be the newness-ish of an official release. I’ve tried and tried to come around to CD and I know I’m an idiot and it’s a mental thing because I think I’d view it in a much more favorable light if it’d been an Axl solo record. 

At any rate, I think I’ll be much more leveled down with you when I wake up tomorrow haha

13 minutes ago, Naupis said:

I am frankly embarrassed for Slash, and it crushes me to say that as I love the guy.

I know divorce and alimony are expensive, but he is fucking better than this.

The first true comeback studio song is fucking Silkworms? That he even entertained playing on that piece of shit makes me sad, but that he willingly recorded it in a studio and released it to the public is a black mark on his legacy.

God forbid they release a banger of a studio song to announce they are back to the world.

No, we get fucking Silkworms.

This is a banger.