ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

@MaskingApathyI tried to quote you to reply, but the formatting was all jacked up, but to answer your question:

We do that gathering every Friday but this past Friday was a really low key one. However, the jury among everyone I've played Absurd for is nearly split down the middle, maybe leaning towards more dislikes than likes. 

On a side note, my wife, who loves a lot of GN'R including CD, went into Target yesterday and said "if that song is playing when I get back in the car I'm going to murder you". So there's that lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been listening to the soundcheck clip of Hardskool, and it is such an awesome song! That's a song Slash has definitely improved slightly by adding some great chromatic licks and fills. All around an amazing song instrumentally, hope Axl can also kick ass on it live!

If that gets released soon, then I'll start believing even more. It just makes so much sense you know it won't happen. Release ABSURD as a single to weird everyone out, get people talking and as such receive incredibly mixed reactions. Then BOOM, HARDSKOOL! It manages to capture that well known GN'R sound without sounding dated, and you can tell by those soundchecks that Slash is having a blast playing it!

I've been pretty indifferent with the band lately, but if this is the beginning of what hopefully is a new album, I'll be really happy. They can release this comeback album, and as long as they can play, I hope they'll experiment and keep making music. The pressure's off as soon as the new album is out, so they can cook up pretty much anything without worry, whether it be the hard rock sounding music that's familiar, or venture deeper into new musical landscapes.

After all, it's the music that's brought us together. I hope this awakens that creative spark again and that GN'R keeps evolving and bringing us music.

• Like 3

I wonder how much of a grace period this bought the fanbase before discontentment rises again. In 2019 the leaks brought happiness for a moment but at the same time it raised excitement for a new album and I guarantee the reaction to nothing materializing in 2020 was way worse than it would have been with no leaks. We're riding high now but if nothing else changes over the course of the tour how long will that last?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@MaskingApathyI tried to quote you to reply, but the formatting was all jacked up, but to answer your question:

We do that gathering every Friday but this past Friday was a really low key one. However, the jury among everyone I've played Absurd for is nearly split down the middle, maybe leaning towards more dislikes than likes. 

On a side note, my wife, who loves a lot of GN'R including CD, went into Target yesterday and said "if that song is playing when I get back in the car I'm going to murder you". So there's that lol

Wife not a fan of Axl yelling pussy full of maggots. I’m shocked!!!

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, WayTooManyOstriches said:

I've been working doubles so imagine my tired ass waking up and learning there's actually a new GNR release. I haven't hear it yet but would certainly like to.

Thankfully it's available literally everywhere including YouTube and all streaming platforms. 

• Like 1

I just watched again Fenway gig and Absurd and I was literally laughing my ass off when Axl sang ,,screaming fucking banshees" and pointing finger directly to the crowd :)))

my guess is... they never cared, from their begining, what others think, they just do it their way.  And that is what draw me to them from the first time in 1991. 

so I will just enjoy the ride and enjoy the life in its fullness :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

The out of time "screaming fucking banshee" bit in the first two verses is a really weird thing to do, is that something NIN did before maybe? Very odd, but it makes the whole thing even more ABSURD, so I kinda get it. I like it more and more.

It's almost like GNR wanted to release the most absurd song possible. "Release this and see what happens" kinda thing. Well they succeeded in WTFing everyone.

24 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Probably true. The pussy full of maggots would fit in very well with all the nasty artwork on Slash's Instagram page. He's a freak! 

He probably asked himself "Where have I been all those years?" :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Over the last few years, Rhiad has really grown on me. I didn't mind Scraped live throughout 2009/10, but it's definitely the weakest song on Chinese to my ears.

According to Spotify listeners Scraped and Riad are the two most despised songs. This I Love, CD and Better are the most played. What I don't get is how Prostitute is the third least played song!?

5 minutes ago, drlaban said:

According to Spotify listeners Scraped and Riad are the two most despised songs. This I Love, CD and Better are the most played. What I don't get is how Prostitute is the third least played song!?

Because it's the last track on the album

Just now, El Guapo said:

Because it's the last track on the album

While that's not an advantage, the most played song (TIL) is second to last.

CD has the advantage of having the same name as the record AND being the first track. Otherwise it wouldn't be on the top three most played.

16 minutes ago, drlaban said:

Absolutely mental eh? I think it's mostly down to streams not being the preferred choice of media when Chinese was released, along with the abysmal promotion that it received coupled with the stigma that the album has attached to it, that's just my two cents though!

We all have a valid opinion on the song.  Like it or not, that's up to each of us as an individual.  No point arguing about it.

Great valid point a few posts back about views, in regards to foo fighters, Metallica, and Alice.  

Personally, I never cared for silkworms (RIR2000), other than his scream at the last minute.

This rendition, with the very simple and aggressive guitar driven direction, has really caught me good.  I fucking love Slash and for me he playing the most stupid simple A pulling to E over and over makes me feel good lolol.

The little solo exchanges between Fortus and Slash are simple but easy GNR links to enjoy. 

Not sure if anyone else felt it but I do get a perfect crime vibe from the main riff.

I am not crazy about Axls singing style in this, but at the same time, it gives a fresh new modern twist to some straight forward hard punk influenced rock. 

The video and that Medusa bitch is creep AF lol. Reminds me of the exorcist when I first watched it in bed at 1am and was like shit I'm going to have a nightmare from my childhood horror movie trauma lol.

All in all. It grew on me by the 2nd listen. I enjoy it.  I know they can create better  and yet this is still fresh  new and sounds alot better than most garbage in the industry today. 

GnFnR

• Like 3

I feel the band/management felt like they had to cave in/tie the fans up with something after all the begging for new material. So they throw this out there haphazardly put together to shut people the fuck up. half a joke I'm sure and probably not indicative of what we'll see on an upcoming full length (I hope)