ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

5 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

Because he is telling them they have to play HIS Guns N’ Roses. Re-record over a song so old and not their musicals style.You think for a half a second that would be the first single they would release if they had any say at all? 

Those cowards are only around for the cash grab anyway.

Extremely absurd to think Slash and Duff weren't involved in deciding what song they are going to release. 0 chance. You seriously believe that, then you are in lalaland

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Extremely absurd to think Slash and Duff weren't involved in deciding what song they are going to release. You seriously believe that, then you are in lalaland

Absolutely no way in Hell, Slash and Duff had any component in the final decision making. Yes, they gave their input, but it’s ALL Axl ultimately and they are okay with it, it’s all about money. Keeping the gravy-train going involves keeping Axl at bay. As long as they can stay outside of Axl’s imaginary boundaries, everything remains cool. Having Absurd released as a single sounds as absurd as the title. 

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

No. The point I was trying to make was that TB (add Slash+Duff) has no say in how and when the new material is released. It's all up to Axl.

And Yes, TB is a failure anyway.

And you know why they're unprofessional and pathetic? take a look at these. There are at least 30+ more:

https://i.ibb.co/zNpHMcM/Capture1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/6P3bcNK/Capture3.jpg

No denying they have their flaws. Is Beta even a manager any more? I thought it was only Fernando, although it probably does not matter. 

Agree that it is entirely up to Axl, and TB will agree that they don't make the decisions. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

Because he is telling them they have to play HIS Guns N’ Roses. Re-record over a song so old and not their musicals style.You think for a half a second that would be the first single they would release if they had any say at all? 

I dunno man, the song really isn't out of bounds when it comes to Slash stylistically.  The riff itself even is right up his wheelhouse and the solos are vintage Slash.  Obsession Confession is way more "out of his usual style" and he did that outside of GNR by his own free will lol

I don't think anyone is saying "you HAVE to play my stuff", other than in the minds of fans who think the great Axl vs. Slash war of 2009 is still happening even though everyone is seemingly happy and coasting making money touring a ton

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

He isn't the biggest fan of synths, he said that in his book too, but that doesn't mean he isn't open minded to work with such things. He did work with synths on different occasions in example on Gotten iirc. Or think about the Monster thing he did a few years ago.

Oh yeah, not saying that at all. Clearly he's willing considering he's in gnr again🤣 ah just a shame that they got to this point 20+ years later

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno man, the song really isn't out of bounds when it comes to Slash stylistically.  The riff itself even is right up his wheelhouse and the solos are vintage Slash.  Obsession Confession is way more "out of his usual style" and he did that outside of GNR by his own free will lol

I don't think anyone is saying "you HAVE to play my stuff", other than in the minds of fans who think the great Axl vs. Slash war of 2009 is still happening even though everyone is seemingly happy and coasting making money touring a ton

Yeah I agree, I mean if Slash actually hates this then his acting chops are great because it looked like he was having a great time playing it on stage! Give that man the Oscar 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Some people tend to forget that it's not 1994 anymore. Axl, Slash and Duff make mutual desicions and that includes Absurd 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Absolutely no way in Hell, Slash and Duff had any component in the final decision making. Yes, they gave their input, but it’s ALL Axl ultimately and they are okay with it, it’s all about money. Keeping the gravy-train going involves keeping Axl at bay. As long as they can stay outside of Axl’s imaginary boundaries, everything remains cool. Having Absurd released as a single sounds as absurd as the title. 

I don't believe that for a minute because Axl could just as well be fine going his merry way until the end of his days releasing fuck all ever again. Anything that's being released at this point is because they all want to put something out, and I don't see Axl destroying any friendlyness with Slash and Duff just to release something he doesn't have to release anyway.

From what we know is that Hardschool was most likely the first single. It was the only new song on the set for 2020 before the pandemic hit, Absurd wasn't on it. Then we got into lockdown and I believe they recorded some more or got bored with Hard School after over a year of sitting on it and decided on something newer. Doesn't seem impossible to me.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Seems like every thread is about Absurd, so I don't know where to post this exactly, but after watching Youtube-videos of the band performing it, especially the second time, they seem to really dig the song. At least, to me, it looked like they were a bit more animated than during older songs. Or not more animated, but differently animated. Excited.

Absolutely, I noticed that too. It has to be a refreshing change for the band. Hopefully more to follow soon 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Actually legally speaking it's a partnership. Each individual has say over what gets released. You can easily find the legal document stating that it's a partnership by going to the California business registry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, circusboy666 said:

Dumb comment, bro. Firstly, if we're talking about what the guys were into in the '90s, Duff and Axl both rejected the Snakepit material, if memory serves. It isn't like you had Duff and Slash on one side and Axl on the other.

Duff has always been a punk rocker so, yes, it's really easy for me to see him being into Silkworms in its current "Absurd" form.

And yes, it's conceivable for me to think Slash and Duff listened to a bunch of the unreleased material, and then along with Axl, chose which songs they wanted to record. Illusions records were basically created in similar fashion. Everyone brought their songs in, the band added to them, then they decided what they wanted as a final track list.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

How similar is Slash's playing to Bumblefoot's on this song? I can't imagine that it's similar at all but some of you wrote that there's barely anything new on this released version compared to the leaked one.

That just applies to all the other instruments (bass, drums, synths) to my knowledge. The lead guitars from Slash are different. 

• Thanks 1

How similar is Slash's playing to Bumblefoot's on this song? I can't imagine that it's similar at all but some of you wrote that there's barely anything new on this released version compared to the leaked one.

To me the two versions are not similar at all as far as guitar playing goes. I don't know why people say that.

• Thanks 1

Probably like Sosso said because of the other instruments. :shrugs:

Yeah, probably. Although I think there were a couple of comments saying that Slash supposedly plays Bumblefoot's riff. But the riff is not something Bumblefoot wrote, it's the synth riff of the original version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Actually legally speaking it's a partnership. Each individual has say over what gets released. You can easily find the legal document stating that it's a partnership by going to the California business registry. 

It's a partnership on certain degree... Axl still owns the GNR brand/name.

So he can leave the partnership and be Guns N Roses alone like he did in the mid 90's

6 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

It's a partnership on certain degree... Axl still owns the GNR brand/name.

So he can leave the partnership and be Guns N Roses alone like he did in the mid 90's

But as long as he doesn't quit it remains a partnership running by the three if them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Listened to the Bumblefoot version again, and the out of time line is there too so it is definitely intentional. After a million listens I don't even notice it anymore either  

But if it’s on purpose why is it on time on the third verse? Assuming you’re talking about the ‘Screaming fucking banshee’ line that comes in too early on verses 1&2…

35 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

As long as Paul Tobias doesn't secretly record guitar over Slash's solo on Hard School I think we are safe :P

Axl on stage: Ladies and Gentleman, freshly from the Vault: Mr. Paul Huge Tobias :lol: