ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

9 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl on stage: Ladies and Gentleman, freshly from the Vault: Mr. Paul Huge Tobias :lol:

Tobias is just stored in a wooden crate. Axl clatters into it like Crash Bandicoot and Mr Huge emerges back into reality.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

Tobias is just stored in a wooden crate. Axl clatters into it like Crash Bandicoot and Mr Huge emerges back into reality.

I know that he has worked with Brain and Melissa on a collection of production music (Eclectic Cinema, available on iTunes).

1 hour ago, Beto 22 said:

It's a partnership on certain degree... Axl still owns the GNR brand/name.

So he can leave the partnership and be Guns N Roses alone like he did in the mid 90's

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Even if that's the case, Slash previously had control of the logo. Having control of a logo is HUGE. I'm pretty sure that they worked everything out when they signed the legal document in 2017. In  reality they both had control over different parts of the business aspect regarding GNR. 

39 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl on stage: Ladies and Gentleman, freshly from the Vault: Mr. Paul Huge Tobias :lol:

Lol I am just imagining him on stage, whenever Slash plays a solo he stands right in front of him and starts playing random pentatonic licks over him SFTD style

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Even if that's the case, Slash previously had control of the logo. Having control of a logo is HUGE. I'm pretty sure that they worked everything out when they signed the legal document in 2017. In  reality they both had control over different parts of the business aspect regarding GNR. 

The Band logo of course is a huge thing... But in comparision to the name its close to anything... 

There's a lot of bands who updated and/or changed drastically their  logos over the years ...

Axl could easily have chosen a logo closer to the original with NU GUNS, but went to a logo closer to the Chinese concept.

And nobody stopped to buy merch or identify the band because of it.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, Dean said:

It's absurd the amount of threads we have for Absurd, but absurd the lack of Pitman in these Absurd threads.

ChrisPitman-Towel-Wagszilla.gif.d0ae1551aaacb28037f5ea5ae8b0373d.gif

I haven't ventured to the forums since I interviewed Brando on my podcast, but this gif did not disappoint.

• GNFNR 1

22 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Thanks for information. Interesting, indeed. 

Anyway, I stand by my point. If I ask younger people (20-25 years) at my work about GNR they barely know anything but the logo. The same goes for Nirvana. It breaks my heart each time. On the other hand, they all can name at least one Metallica and AcDc song each immediately. Of course, this is not representative but it gives some kind of a feel.

By the way, the same goes for clicks, views and chart positions as others have already stated above.

In the end, I, other than the poster I was referring to, do not wonder that Absurd does not cause more buzz and views on YT don’t blow the roof. 

Granted, I wasn't expecting it to be some sort of mega hit or anything. I figured it'd do modest numbers - maybe 1-2 million views - because I know they're a legacy act largely thrown by the wayside by everyone except die hards, old heads, and "ugh I was born in the wrong generation" kids. I thought the name would be worth a little more buzz than it's turning out to get, but it just goes to show how badly they fumbled this reunion. From how late in the game they decided to do it in the first place, to waiting 5 years after the first reunion shows to drop a polished turd from 20 years ago, it's just...comical, really. I want to be upset but I can't, because Axl and TB haven't given us any reason to expect anything short of them being the musical version of Murphy's Law.

Edited by chevelle
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Norespect1982 said:

Of course it’s intentional. How many times do you think Axl listened to this before release

Yes of course its intentional, would be kinda too big mistake if not. It just got me while to get used to.

14 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Extremely absurd to think Slash and Duff weren't involved in deciding what song they are going to release. 0 chance. You seriously believe that, then you are in lalaland

No YOU are the one living in another reality. They are just hired guns like everyone else. Axl releases what he says. No other scenario.

19 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

No YOU are the one living in another reality. They are just hired guns like everyone else. Axl releases what he says. No other scenario.

I think I get your point. But one thing is certain. Slash & Duff are being asked about their opinions by Axl. They might also recommend playing some VR live. Subject to review/approval by Axl.

They're more than just employees such as Richard, Frank and Reese.

However I also believe that ultimately it's Axl who decides on releases, new songs in the set etc.

I don't see any other way to work with the mad man. Everyone conform to his rules. or else, out.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chevelle said:

Granted, I wasn't expecting it to be some sort of mega hit or anything. I figured it'd do modest numbers - maybe 1-2 million views - because I know they're a legacy act largely thrown by the wayside by everyone except die hards, old heads, and "ugh I was born in the wrong generation" kids. I thought the name would be worth a little more buzz than it's turning out to get, but it just goes to show how badly they fumbled this reunion. From how late in the game they decided to do it in the first place, to waiting 5 years after the first reunion shows to drop a polished turd from 20 years ago, it's just...comical, really. I want to be upset but I can't, because Axl and TB haven't given us any reason to expect anything short of them being the musical version of Murphy's Law.

It has 941k views on YouTube so will break 1 million views by the weekend I'd say. 

On 8/7/2021 at 11:00 PM, Voodoochild said:

I recorded a cover of the song on my YouTube channel, if anyone is interested in check how to play it on a guitar. Not posting the link here though.

Back then it didnt have much Buckethead on it, but I guess you're right. Did you/your dad checked the Vegas 01 DVD?

I also remember to read fan reviews for the two Vegas shows in late 2001. A LOT of people said both Silkworms and OMG were the highlight of the shows.

I sent him a link when it was posted on YouTube, but since it was taken down I don’t know where to find it. Is it possible to buy the December 29, 2001 DVD? I would love to have it. 

OMG sounded good as well, but I remember Axls mic going out a couple of times during the song. Finck launched his guitar into the amplifiers once the song was over and I could see Axl on the side of the stage smashing something too…good times back then!