ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I mean, do they not have a point?

It’s clear to anyone who listens that Absurd is a drastic break from the holy and virtuous songs GNR is known for. 

I know, right. Seems like they were kicked out Paradise City and Absurd Was the Adams Apple :lol:

Edited by Sosso

Very weird song, don`t understand the intention of releasing. Maybe there was  a leak so they came out before? I mean it is kind of big news, a new GnR song after all this time. It was even on CNN. So why don`t release something more catchy? 

I don`t really hate the song, it just feels unfinished. It has horrible lyrics, no hook, weird timing with the singing and the screaming seems completely random. The underlying guitar work and rythm however is actually not bad, it would even fit the old AfD style. Is anybody else reminded of "Locomotive"?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Psalms 56:1: "Turneth around bitch, for I suffer from boredom. Rejoice as I have a purpose for you!" 

It's been a while since I studied the Bible but that's a direct quote if I remember right. 

Wrong Translation. It's "Turn around, Holy Mary". And you call yourself a Fan 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:11 PM, grogmug said:

My first GN’R concert was at the House of Blues on December 29, 2001. I was 17 years old and my father accompanied me to Vegas, because he knew how much I wanted to see them. He wasn’t into GN’R as much as I was, but as soon as Silk Worms came on with Buckethead and Finck tearing it up on guitar, he was hooked. It ended up being his favorite song performed that night. He has been asking about this song every year since Vegas and I kept telling him it hasn’t been performed and probably won’t be ever again. Since the official release, he can’t believe that they took Bucketheads parts out and switched the song up. I mean, I understand with Slash being back in the band, and it does sound good, but I got used to the original version and was hoping they would keep it that way, as our ears originally heard it. I guess being there and hearing it live changes your perspective on things..In a live setting, the synth and guitars worked back then and being against the rail at 17 years old, the song blew my mind. It’s kind of cool that they still released it two decades later, after my first show, as the first single. My father was pumped as well…just wanted to share my connection with the track and all of the history behind it.

That’s crazy! Does your dad like the new version?

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Silkworms topping charts... fucking absurd :rofl-lol:

GNR: releases a song with Slash all over and it is everywhere and tops the charts
Also GNR:
it is fucking Silkworms
Ze Tru GNR Fanz:
confused screaming

• Haha 3

Just now, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Release a fucking 7 INCH/12 INCH/CD SINGLE FFS! We got the money, u got the disease :D

I cant believe how, but this song really made my week, think I got a very pathetic life :D

nah, it has no point in 2021. physical media are more or less dead. it is just a dust collector.

but I understand the urge to collect physical stuff :) 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

nah, it has no point in 2021. physical media are more or less dead. it is just a dust collector.

but I understand the urge to collect physical stuff :) 

been a music industry professional for 25 years, and executive for 10 years at the biggest company, I can write 100 pages why gnr is so wrong, and what should be done, but I dont care :D A new!! (lolfuck) GNR song is  out, I just want something to buy and smell and play and go to bed with :DDD

I still have tens of your dvds btw mate, thx again! Luv ya!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

been a music industry professional for 25 years, and executive for 10 years at the biggest company, I can write 100 pages why gnr is so wrong, and what should be done, but I dont care :D A new!! (lolfuck) GNR song is  out, I just want something to buy and smell and play and go to bed with :DDD

I still have tens of your dvds btw mate, thx again! Luv ya!

glad you still enjoying that mate, you're welcome! :headbang:
(fuck, it became thousands in the meantime... but I have to live with that lol)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Release a fucking 7 INCH/12 INCH/CD SINGLE FFS! We got the money, u got the disease :D

I cant believe how, but this song really made my week, think I got a very pathetic life :D

I need them to release that 7" single ASAP 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zombux said:

glad you still enjoying that mate, you're welcome! :headbang:
(fuck, it became thousands in the meantime... but I have to live with that lol)

I have like 2200 dvd bcuz of fuckers like you :DD pro shot, aud shot, right angle, left angle, center, left/right, center/left, authrd by zombux, limulus, x,y ,z, x comp, y comp, z comp... :DD

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Psalms 56:1: "Turneth around bitch, for I suffer from boredom. Rejoice as I have a purpose for you!" 

It's been a while since I studied the Bible but that's a direct quote if I remember right. 

Post of the year. :lol:

Now that I think about it, I do recall reading the story of the Garden of Eden in the Bible once upon a time...

It was a critical solution and the East coast got the blues.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Silkworms topping charts... fucking absurd :rofl-lol:

We deserve this for being mouthy assholes...even when they've most certainly deserved it. :lol:

It's so crazy, I've just surrendered myself to having a complete blast right now. 

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 2