UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY
opening act: Raging Slab
set: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, Paradise City, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, You Could Be Mine, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], My Michelle, Estranged, Double Talkin' Jive, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle
audio/video recording?: audio, video [incomplete]
notes: The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

From gnrontour

wich is the other one?

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

89 would still be AFD era IMO so wouldn’t surprise me if that’s just a mistake.

has to be las vegas 92

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Did Slash randomly bring up the UYI boxset all on his own? Or did the interviewer ask about it first?

Interviewer asked him to release a Use Your Illusion box set and Slash suggested it could be released next summer. Slash also suggested the box set has been delayed because of the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

I think another thing to take into account is the fact that slash basically confirmed here that this boxset was supposed to come out THIS year but got delayed thanks to the pandemic.

That pretty much confirms that the HS/Absurd maxi-single thing was cobbled together at the last minute and that no new album actually exists. I hope I’m wrong, tho…

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

There is no way they don’t read these boards, and I can't imagine there is going to be a big demand for this boxset so I hope they keep that in mind when they make it and make the price 

Edited by k12
  • Like 1