UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

Just now, Powerage5 said:

I paid $89 (Half of the original list price) for the AFD Super Deluxe and even at that price I felt like I overpaid, considering at one point I saw it as low as $39. 

Yeah I paid somewhere around the latter price. To be honest, I haven't exactly played it to death, but it's nicely packaged and stuff. 

I'd probably go for the UYI box at anything under $100, which is still pretty pricey really considering the content. Post-Christmas sales is likely the time to look. 

Edited by allwaystired

11 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Ok, that’s fine then, thanks. Doubt they would have been able to change the audio of the one which has a billion views now I think about it.

I thought the same but Thriller by Michael Jackson has just been updated to 4k (and looks absolutely incredible considering it’s age)

They didn’t upload a new vid just replaced the original… don’t know how it’s possible but it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Ok, that’s fine then, thanks. Doubt they would have been able to change the audio of the one which has a billion views now I think about it.

Would imagine Universal and Youtube could have worked something out, if that is really what they wanted to do. Just like updating the video source as labels do.

14 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I paid $89 (Half of the original list price) for the AFD Super Deluxe and even at that price I felt like I overpaid, considering at one point I saw it as low as $39. 

I scooped up 4 at that price and gave some away as gifts.  I have serious regrets for paying what I did for this Vinyl set.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I scooped up 4 at that price and gave some away as gifts.  I have serious regrets for paying what I did for this Vinyl set.

But at least you paid $370 for it and not $570 with taxes and shipping from the official website ( or other websites charging full price) which many people did. I paid the same as you and although I know it will probably creep closer to the $200 - $250 range sometime down the road, I wanted to enjoy it now while it was just released. To me thats worth the extra $100 than waiting another year or so in hopes it gets to that price point.  Im sure you can sell the live vinyls for a couple of hundred bucks if you just really only want to keep the blu ray. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Well they could technically do it. They replaced the original 480p versions of all the music videos with 1080p versions of them a few years ago, but they kept the huge viewer numbers on each video. Hopefully they leave the original audio on the main video for November Rain though. 

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I bought three AFD Super deluxe sets for $40 each on the official merch website back in 2019. Pretty sure it was a Black Friday deal.

Sorry that you regret the UYI vinyl purchase. I had considered getting it at the discounted price, but then my CD set was delivered, and immediately saw that it was overpriced for what's in it. By comparison, Walmart is selling the Metallica Black Album box set online for $167.22, and there's way more in it than the UYI set.

I'm still waiting for my Limited Edition vinyls to ship. Got an email last week stating I should have it by 11/25 (tomorrow), but that was if I got a second email with tracking information, and to date, I haven't.

23 hours ago, nycmale said:

But at least you paid $370 for it and not $570 with taxes and shipping from the official website ( or other websites charging full price) which many people did. I paid the same as you and although I know it will probably creep closer to the $200 - $250 range sometime down the road, I wanted to enjoy it now while it was just released. To me thats worth the extra $100 than waiting another year or so in hopes it gets to that price point.  Im sure you can sell the live vinyls for a couple of hundred bucks if you just really only want to keep the blu ray. 

Oh yeah, I would have never paid full price.  I wanted to enjoy it while it was just released too but ended up downloading it/watching it on youtube before I got it anyway.  It was awesome the first couple times or two but aside from the quality it isn't really one of their best shows.   I have watched Ritz 88 200 times, can't see that happening with this one. It definitely has its moments though so I'll just watch select songs on youtube.  I wanted the live Vinyls so I will definitely be keeping those. It is what it is. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

finally got my box. have to say: this is a top-notch high quality product. of course you can argue about the price, but it's pretty nice stuff. the photo book is amazin, the vinyls look fucking great (shoutout to the litho master arian buhler who was involved in the artwork). can't fucking wait to finally see the bluray soon. well done, gnr

• Like 2

I listened to the Ritz show again today at work, and it's just fucking awesome. These will be my go-to live versions of Estranged, Don't Cry, Bad Obsession, DTJ, and a few others. I've listened to the Vegas show maybe twice, it's fine but it's the '92 bloated big-band so I won't listen to the full show very often.

'91 was their best Ritz show IMO... '91>'87>'88>'12 (if the '12 show even counts).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I listened to the Ritz show again today at work, and it's just fucking awesome. These will be my go-to live versions of Estranged, Don't Cry, Bad Obsession, DTJ, and a few others. I've listened to the Vegas show maybe twice, it's fine but it's the '92 bloated big-band so I won't listen to the full show very often.

'91 was their best Ritz show IMO... '91>'87>'88>'12 (if the '12 show even counts).

somone need to contact that guy "sonofabitch" who filmed all the 16s ritz show 

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yeah, it's pretty awesome all around! 

• Like 1