UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

34 minutes ago, linkthegu1 said:

Yeah, we didn't even know the complete setlist they played in Las Vegas concert 1992. And also I don't think there's an excuse for not releasing more video concerts from 1991-1993, have you seen the Live and let die and Dead Horse music videos? The quality is good. Las Vegas should have been released on DVD or Blu ray too, instead of just being audio. 

Yeah that is a different issue, I too wish there was more video footage in this set.

I don't know if Las Vegas was filmed though.  

1 hour ago, linkthegu1 said:

Yeah, we didn't even know the complete setlist they played in Las Vegas concert……. Las Vegas should have been released on DVD or Blu ray too, instead of just being audio. 

I’m pretty bummed that this one isn’t getting released on film - feels so incomplete for it to only be audio. But like you said - at least we have the setlist now. I think it’s the same songs from the San Diego shows a few days later. Still excited to listen tho

21 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

They should release more '91-'93 live stuff.  That's the holy grail for some of us.

Well we have some now... The Ritz 91 and the Tokyo shows..

My dream would be stuff from the AFD tour.  Atleast one show.. They were all fucking money back then.. There were pro shots of Melbourne, Ritz 88 and Philly floating around. Those were all freaking amazing shows.. Nevermind fan filmed boots like the Felt Forum show.. They were a freight train on whiskey and cocaine back then just raping, pillaging and destroying the main acts everywhere they went.  People also often talk about Axl's rants during the UYI tour which were cool at times, but the stories and song intros from those early days were just off the fucking charts.. Like the Pasadena shows and Paradise Boston.. 

I just hope they notice our interest in live albums and blu rays from the classic lineups and release something more easily obtainable than having to purchase a $500 dollar box set.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Saw yesterday on Gn'R social media that they were releasing this.  Very excited for both live albums and the blu-ray disc.  Kind of bummed that to this day we don't have a soundboard audio of Locomotive.

They should release more '91-'93 live stuff.  That's the holy grail for some of us.

Locomotive and Coma are probably the two Best songs on the albums. Musically speaking or at least that's My opinion. We won't get any of those 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Although it's lame (for the people who want to have it all in physical formats) that the extra live tracks can be found only on the deluxe CD editions, I think it's cool that they included these tracks from Izzy's last show at Wembley (although it's questionable if Izzy can be heard on them).

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Although it's lame (for the people who want to have it all in physical formats) that the extra live tracks can be found only on the deluxe CD editions, I think it's cool that they included these tracks from Izzy's last show at Wembley (although it's questionable if Izzy can be heard on them).

My guess is that all the tracks will be on streaming anyway. 

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

My guess is that all the tracks will be on streaming anyway. 

Yes, that's what I reckon as well. It's just bad for the people who would like to have it all on CD or vinyl (and I think there's not even a vinyl version of the deluxe edition) without having to pay extra.

• Like 4

Just now, Blackstar said:

Yes, that's what I reckon as well. It's just bad for the people who would like to have it all on CD or vinyl (and I think there's not even a vinyl version of the deluxe edition) without having to pay extra.

Completely off topic but when do you sleep, @Blackstar?? Your posting frequency is nothing short of heroic .
Also off topic: is your Avatar a young Patti Smith? It always reminds me of her in her formative days (Chelsea hotel, Mappelthorpe, etc.) 

OK sorry for the digression!! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rodzilla72 said:

Completely off topic but when do you sleep, @Blackstar?? Your posting frequency is nothing short of heroic .
Also off topic: is your Avatar a young Patti Smith? It always reminds me of her in her formative days (Chelsea hotel, Mappelthorpe, etc.) 

OK sorry for the digression!! :)

Haha, I happen to have some free time right now. I don't always post that often.

It's Patti Smith, yes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, shows from the AFD tour would be great, but the Ritz 88 is already out there in good quality and, on the other hand, I don't know if shows like Melbourne or Philadelphia could be transferred from the old VHS tapes in decent quality.

I was just using those as examples of how much of a force they were 87/88.  I also don't what was used to record those shows but I am guessing the technology wasn't any worse than whatever was used to record that Jimi Hendrix 1970 Maui show.  I know nothing about the technical aspect of remastering these things but I would think if they can do that with whatever technology was used to record that show, they should be able to match it with something recorded in 87/88.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was just using those as examples of how much of a force they were 87/88.  I also don't what was used to record those shows but I am guessing the technology wasn't any worse than whatever was used to record that Jimi Hendrix 1970 Maui show.  I know nothing about the technical aspect of remastering these things but I would think if they can do that with whatever technology was used to record that show, they should be able to match it with something recorded in 87/88.  

Yes, I don't know much about the technical stuff either, I was just talking based on the existing video of the Philadelphia show in particular.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My lord.  I didn't see those live discs from the deluxe CDs til just now.  Those would be super cool to have on Vinyl.  I just have no use for CDs anymore. I'll be streaming the shit out of them though

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm still amazed that 'Matt Drum Solo' is one of the tracks on the 2cd deluxe....out of context of a full gig, who the hell decided to put that on? It's utterly bizaare, and like these tracks were pulled out of a hat. Same with 'Sail Away Sweet Sister', but edited off SCOM, which it segued into. 

These two things, for me, rank alongside the most weird yet. 

Cant picture anyone going "Alright! Lets crank that good ole' Drums Solo at full volume just for the sake of it!" 

I mean WTF really lol. You put that in but not Breakdown or Dont Cry alt. lyrics?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm still amazed that 'Matt Drum Solo' is one of the tracks on the 2cd deluxe....out of context of a full gig, who the hell decided to put that on? It's utterly bizaare, and like these tracks were pulled out of a hat. Same with 'Sail Away Sweet Sister', but edited off SCOM, which it segued into. 

These two things, for me, rank alongside the most weird yet. 

A watered down autobiography for a drum solo (or the reverse)?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3