UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

16 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Cant picture anyone going "Alright! Lets crank that good ole' Drums Solo at full volume just for the sake of it!" 

I mean WTF really lol. You put that in but not Breakdown or Dont Cry alt. lyrics?

I don't even remember it being a particularly impressive solo either! Plenty of stops and starts. 

When I had the show taped from TV at the time my sister used to do an amusing imitation of the faces Matt Sorum pulls during it though, so perhaps I can recall that to get me through it! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sorry, I'm not following what you mean here! 

Oh, I meant what happened with Matt's autobiography. Of course nobody knows what went down behind the scenes, but the fact that he ended releasing his book so heavily edited (with all the controversial stories removed) suggests that it may have had to do something with this release.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did Axl actually injure his leg during YCBM? I always thought it was earlier in the set, but maybe because of adrenaline and/or substances he didn't notice right away. What song is this photo from?

vy870cdan6z41.jpg?auto=webp&s=d052161130

I think Axl wore this full outfit only during the first song, Pretty Tied Up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'm still amazed that 'Matt Drum Solo' is one of the tracks on the 2cd deluxe....out of context of a full gig, who the hell decided to put that on? It's utterly bizaare, and like these tracks were pulled out of a hat. Same with 'Sail Away Sweet Sister', but edited off SCOM, which it segued into. 

These two things, for me, rank alongside the most weird yet. 

That is pretty amazing

• Like 1

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It amazes me that people are ordering this after what happened with the AFD one. 

The label have clearly set an insanely high price, knowing damn well it will sell for a quarter of that very soon and they'll be still clearing healthy profits. 

Or people are all rich fuckers who don't mind throwing away a hundred dollars here and there! 

Which is why I made my point about hard core fans shouldn't be buying this

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did Axl actually injure his leg during YCBM? I always thought it was earlier in the set, but maybe because of adrenaline and/or substances he didn't notice right away. What song is this photo from?

Someone put their watermark on Robert John's book? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That picture is not from You Could Be Mine. Izzy and Axl wore jackets during Pretty Tied Up (Opener)

Edited by t-p-d-a

Not sure if this was already posted, but Dolby Atmos is there:

BLU-RAY VIDEO – LIVE IN NEW YORK

Ritz Theatre – May 16, 1991

Menu: “You Could Be Mine (Live in New York)” Music Video

Audio: Dolby Atmos 48kHz 24-bit / Dolby TrueHD 5.1 96kHz 24-bit / PCM Stereo 48kHz 24-bit

Regions: All

Source:

https://de.gnrmerch.com/p51-i0602445116522/guns-n-roses/use-your-illusion/index.html

8 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Which is why I made my point about hard core fans shouldn't be buying this

I get you on that totally.....but I do want the live stuff, so I think getting it in the bargain bin is the sensible option really. Not that I don't think this release is a massive wasted opportunity of course. 

34 minutes ago, PTM said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but Dolby Atmos is there:

BLU-RAY VIDEO – LIVE IN NEW YORK

Ritz Theatre – May 16, 1991

Menu: “You Could Be Mine (Live in New York)” Music Video

Audio: Dolby Atmos 48kHz 24-bit / Dolby TrueHD 5.1 96kHz 24-bit / PCM Stereo 48kHz 24-bit

Regions: All

Source:

https://de.gnrmerch.com/p51-i0602445116522/guns-n-roses/use-your-illusion/index.html

Yeah. Which IS cool….but the actual albums were mixed in Atmos by Steven Wilson possibly the best in the world) but apparently rejected for inclusion. That’s what people are rightly complaining about.

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Sim. O que é legal... mas os álbuns reais foram mixados no Atmos por Steven Wilson, possivelmente o melhor do mundo), mas aparentemente rejeitados para inclusão. É disso que as pessoas estão reclamando com razão.

I don't know how the band rejected this new mix, they just want to deliver leftovers to the fans. Three drum solos included on the disc, what the hell is Axl thinking? Or did Matt Sorum need to authorize his image and how bargaining required his solos to be included?