UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

I pre-ordered through Amazon.  I'm hoping the price goes down between now and release date - or I missed the boat like when I got AFD for $138 day one.

At the current price, this is an expensive set.  If it had all of the stuff people wanted - who's going to spend 700 on a box set (I would)?

I'm enjoying You Could Be Mine that was posted.  I'll have to revisit Live Era.  Live Era doesn't sounds all that different although the Illusion track seems to have a more "natural" sound mix.

Excited all the same.

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I get you on that totally.....but I do want the live stuff, so I think getting it in the bargain bin is the sensible option really. Not that I don't think this release is a massive wasted opportunity of course. 

I'm not saying don't buy it at all! I will definitely buy it later when it's massively reduced in my price. My point is purely on the principle of paying them that much money when it's really just a lazy and uninspired effort for us hard core fans

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I don't know how the band rejected this new mix, they just want to deliver leftovers to the fans. Three drum solos included on the disc, what the hell is Axl thinking? Or did Matt Sorum need to authorize his image and how bargaining required his solos to be included?

I think it was a deal. You cut the crap out of that book, you get some prominent space where you otherwise wouldn't have. Deal? :lol:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Any updates from "your source"?

Things are quiet. They were right about no new songs in the UYI box, as well as Axl not being pleased with the timing of the boxset (typical Axl lol). I believe we'll get an EP (or 2) at some point but who the hell knows with this band  ...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Things are quiet. They were right about no new songs in the UYI box, as well as Axl not being pleased with the timing of the boxset (typical Axl lol). I believe we'll get an EP (or 2) at some point but who the hell knows with this band  ...

Timing? It’s only a year too late for real anniversary :D

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

So your "source" knows some incredibly obvious stuff. Good on you for keeping the whole "I have a source" bit. It's entertaining now and again. 

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

This is so obviously fake "axl not being pleased with the timing" oh fuck off

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's just a new variant of "plans changed". Hilarious stuff, really. 

It's unbelievable that people actually eat this shit up .... The set is already over a year past the anniversary ... What timing is Axl apparently not pleased with? As if they didn't have years to prepare for it ... Axl doesn't give two shits about this band anymore that's been obvious for a while now ... He's milking as much as he can till he can't anymore from touring then he's gone from the media till he dies

• Like 2

I hate to say it, but the updated online cover art for the super deluxe is growing on me. It’s supposed to be an “illusion” anyways.

I want to download one of these three editions just for the sake of supporting the band. I’ll go with the super deluxe. Would rather listen to two complete concerts anyways rather than just random “selects.”

Maybe I’ll download the live cuts of stuff like Perfect Crime and Bad Apples separately and make my own “live UYI” or whatever.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That part is honestly unbelievable to me, even for GN'R. 

This should be very easy, IMO. You release 3 products:

Remastered versions of each album for those that just want that. 

Release an SDE that includes both albums and all the extra tracks for those who want them.

Release a version of the SDE on vinyl. 

It's that easy. Instead, we have this cash grabbing / fan milking horseshit. 

I totally echo your views. I can only hope it’s a complete fuck up or oversight than a very shrewd move to push hardcore fans to buy multiple packs. It’s quite frankly sickening if it is a chess move cash grab. 

Given TB‘s history, both are equally  plausible! 

On 9/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Same, all I ever wanted is live Blu Rays of shows from the classic Era.  I have interest in the Vinyls too but not at those prices. 

I would have probably paid $200 for all the LPS in that box which would still be high...

The Ritz show would have been a cool release on it's own..  LP or CD with the Blu Ray packaged together.

I always thought a Ritz Blu Ray set would be super cool that included the 87, 88 and 91 shows on the Blu Ray and then may a live album with a compliation of the best versions of each song played to keep it from being repetitive. And also weed out some that don't transfer live to audio. Like there are some songs that were so sloppy on the 88 Ritz show when listening but it is still my favorite show. You kind of need to see the video to witness the insanity of the performance and the reasons some songs are sloppy. 

I think Slash has attested to this but it's the overall vibe and energy of the band and the gig that makes it legendary. Part of me wonders if we'll see more archive releases when the time comes where they call it a day.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:52 PM, RussTCB said:

That part is honestly unbelievable to me, even for GN'R. 

This should be very easy, IMO. You release 3 products:

Remastered versions of each album for those that just want that. 

Release an SDE that includes both albums and all the extra tracks for those who want them.

Release a version of the SDE on vinyl. 

It's that easy. Instead, we have this cash grabbing / fan milking horseshit. 

This, but also have standalone BluRay option too.

17 minutes ago, dimitrisaxl said:

The fact that the super deluxe edition doesn’t include everything, is ridiculous… 

Well the only people that would spend hundreds on this are completists/hardcore fans. I guess the label figures they'll buy all the sets then.  From what I've read the AFD sets are now less than half of the original price so I'm not sure why anyone here is rushing out to buy these when they will most likely be heavily discounted in the future. I'm sure one of our insiders can let us know how many of each set are being made. 

• Like 3