UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

18 hours ago, jamillos said:

Those that you've mentioned plus Shotgun Blues, that's it. Even Back off Bitch was played once in 91, others are also rare but were played once or twice too (Garden of Eden, Breakdown, Bad Apples...). 

I still give the band props for bringing back Dead Horse and Locomotive. Dead Horse seemed to be played regularly in 1993 but Locomotive might've been played 2 or 3 times max before it was brought back and isn't a walk in the park to perform.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Is there an audio recording of Back Off Bitch that was played live in '91 out there? Been looking out for that in years. 

Also I'm not sure maybe my brain is fucking with me, but did Izzy play the intro riff/solo for that song?

If memory serves me correctly it is indeed Izzy on that intro lick/solo bits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Is there an audio recording of Back Off Bitch that was played live in '91 out there? Been looking out for that in years. 

Also I'm not sure maybe my brain is fucking with me, but did Izzy play the intro riff/solo for that song?

There is, I think it was somewhere in Canada, but they didn't play the intro you hear on the album, they just go into the main riff like in the 80s demo. Not sure why, I think they didn't really rehearse it and only played it because some guy was holding up a sign saying play Back Off Bitch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There is, I think it was somewhere in Canada, but they didn't play the intro you hear on the album, they just go into the main riff like in the 80s demo. Not sure why, I think they didn't really rehearse it and only played it because some guy was holding up a sign saying play Back Off Bitch.

Yes, it was at the first Toronto show. It's not on the video bootleg that is out there, only on the audio one.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, quikspade said:

For all the deal hunters here in the US:

Walmart Super Deluxe CD is $196

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=Use+your+illusion+deluxe

Target is $202 then an additional 5% with the red card

https://www.target.com/s/use+your+illusion

Now how to get Amazon to recognize those prices?

The vinyl super deluxe is $396 at Target. I may pull the trigger at that price.

On 9/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, quikspade said:

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, mystery said:

I still give the band props for bringing back Dead Horse and Locomotive. Dead Horse seemed to be played regularly in 1993 but Locomotive might've been played 2 or 3 times max before it was brought back and isn't a walk in the park to perform.

they play it one time or more?

I would love a prototype of Estranged (w/ vocal ofc), like they did for November Rain. It would be interesting to hear how Estranged sounded the first time, or any songs on UYI
There is only the instrumental of Estranged, somewhere on the internet.
The more I think about it the more it pisses me off, there isn't really any surprise in this overpriced box

6 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I would love a prototype of Estranged (w/ vocal ofc), like they did for November Rain. It would be interesting to hear how Estranged sounded the first time, or any songs on UYI
There is only the instrumental of Estranged, somewhere on the internet.
The more I think about it the more it pisses me off, there isn't really any surprise in this overpriced box

I very much doubt a bare-bones sketch exists for Estranged like November Rain does. For starters, NR was a song Axl had been working on completely on his own for some time - it wasn't a collaborative band effort, so to speak. The other big thing is, the song is very complex structurally. That's not to say NR is a "simple" song, but Estranged has it's three distinct parts. A lot of times you won't see songs like that won't be written, demo-ed, or even recorded by traditional means - everything tends to bed a little more piecemeal. I admittedly don't know that much about the writing process for Estranged specifically, but the structure and complexity of the song lends itself to there not being a bare bones demo out there, at least as a full song. It would be more likely that the first part of the song or the last part of the song exists as a demo on their own, but who really knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No, they played it one time before that and another time after that, three times in total.

So all in all Locomotive has been played 8 times.

I looked up the exact number for Locomotive after my post and was surprised they played it six times prior to 2019. In comparison Coma was actually the rarer song live prior to 2016 as it was only played 5 times before it became a regular part of the setlist.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mystery said:

I looked up the exact number for Locomotive after my post and was surprised they played it six times prior to 2019. In comparison Coma was actually the rarer song live prior to 2016 as it was only played 5 times before it became a regular part of the setlist.

Yes, Coma had been played less times than Locomotive before 2016, however the difference is not so big: Locomotive 5 times, Coma 3 times.

9 hours ago, mystery said:

Coma also felt less rare since there was some pro-shot video of it compared to Locomotive which only exists through audio during the UYI tours. 

I've been waiting for the day we see video of the band doing Locomotive and Breakdown in 1991. I guess I'm still gonna be waiting lol.

I'd also love to see footage of the one time they did Dust N Bones in 1992 without Izzy. You can't even make out who's singing lead vocals in the bootleg as fucking crazy as that sounds, it could be anyone Axl Gilby or Duff. Crazy to think that stuffs been rotting in a vault somewhere for longer than I am old

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1