UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

12 hours ago, Kelmi said:

I still cant believe that on Use Your Illusion II deluxe cd they decided to include Matt Sorums Drum Solo! Why? And Sail Away Sweet sister intro but not Sweet Child o Mine?

That got me too. It's beyond ludicrous. 

Makes me think the whole project had zero thought put it into it- would anyone compiling a CD of live stuff really select and isolate a drum solo or a minute long intro for inclusion? 

It honestly seems like they hit 'shuffle' on all the live tracks and bunged the top 12 or so on. When you compare it to the kind of reissue releases other bands, of all genres and types, are doing it's laughable. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Few questions. 

_what's the general consensus on this reissue? 

_do people mind that November Rain is being changed/elements re_recorded? 

Have a look at few random pages in this thread! 

I don't think anyone seems too bothered either way on November Rain. We've still got the original if it's shit. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 7:44 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd also love to see footage of the one time they did Dust N Bones in 1992 without Izzy. You can't even make out who's singing lead vocals in the bootleg as fucking crazy as that sounds, it could be anyone Axl Gilby or Duff. 

I opened a thread a while ago about this. The consensus was that it was Duff on vocals, which would make sense as he often sang it in his solo/Loaded shows too later on. While the recording is very crappy, if I had to bet a few cents I'd say that's Duff's voice too.

39 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If they ever do a CD box set including mixes of all tracks with Buckethead on them, I'd be very pleased.

If... if... this will be at least a seven year waiting! No, thanks!

And I be my - nevermind - that we'll still be discussing the "new" record that never got released.

Sad... but true.

15 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Few questions. 

_what's the general consensus on this reissue? 

_do people mind that November Rain is being changed/elements re_recorded? 

Well the November Rain things a non issue really. We've all got all the official studio albums so we've all got the original November Rain. 

The subject of the reissue. It's cool we're getting both an Izzy era show and a Gilby era show plus a Blu Ray of an Izzy show. Downside - It would've been nice to have a Gilby Illusions show on Blu Ray too, some Illusion demos or even Illusion era version of Ain't Going Down. It's annoying too that the 2cd versions of Illusion 1 & 2 have live tracks that the super deluxe edition doesn't have. 

I've got the Illusion albums and enough live shows to survive on til the 2cd versions and super deluxe edition drop considerably in price.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Well the November Rain things a non issue really. We've all got all the official studio albums so we've all got the original November Rain. 

The subject of the reissue. It's cool we're getting both an Izzy era show and a Gilby era show plus a Blu Ray of an Izzy show. Downside - It would've been nice to have a Gilby Illusions show on Blu Ray too, some Illusion demos or even Illusion era version of Ain't Going Down. It's annoying too that the 2cd versions of Illusion 1 & 2 have live tracks that the super deluxe edition doesn't have. 

I've got the Illusion albums and enough live shows to survive on til the 2cd versions and super deluxe edition drop considerably in price.

Gilby is that you?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Haha. I love Izzy and the classic era. I think Richard's cool too. I wish Paul had been a collaborator but not a band member personally. And fuck yeah I'm an unashamed Gilby fan. The first Snakepit album and Cure Me Or Kill Me and Tijuana Jail from Pawnshop Guitars showed he and Slash and wicked chemistry and could create quality original material. 10 Years from Duff's Believe In Me that Gilby co wrote and co sang was cool too. So he had that same creative chemistry with Duff too. 

Gilby's solo albums don't aim to reinvent the wheel. But they're always fun to enjoy listening to. I wish we'd got some original GN'R albums with him.

you met him?

2 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

I wish Indiana 1991 had been included. Really high energy show with the crowd close to the stage, Slash going nuts running around, plus the first live performance of November Rain

I know you mean in perfect quality but...we already have a great (compared to an audience recording) version of that concert.

Houston '92 is a concert that is somehow missing here but was professionally recorded (better than the normal soundboards) and has been traded around in circles. As was London '91, especially for video release. Not sure why that wasn't one of the concerts picked for a 4K release. 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I know you mean in perfect quality but...we already have a great (compared to an audience recording) version of that concert.

Houston '92 is a concert that is somehow missing here but was professionally recorded (better than the normal soundboards) and has been traded around in circles. As was London '91, especially for video release. Not sure why that wasn't one of the concerts picked for a 4K release. 

They still were using videotape back then. The only thing that could be close to a 4k conversion is film

17 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Wtf is with this band, they had the chance to release something wonderful to celebrate UYI and they’ve blown it yet again….

look at a band like iron maiden or Metallica…. That’s how it’s done….

That's because the band isn't involved .. This is (like the last one) a record label release .. The "band" has minimal to zero input .. They don't care .. The sooner we all wake up and smell the roses on that sad truth the sooner we will have peace of mind. Axl threw in the towel on artistry over 10 years ago and chose the easy money train to ride out on till retirement. Slash & Duff are just along for the ride. They have been released music or appearing on other works since rejoining. Axl did a Looney Tunes cameo (for money, not art). 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

That's because the band isn't involved .. This is (like the last one) a record label release .. The "band" has minimal to zero input .. They don't care .. The sooner we all wake up and smell the roses on that sad truth the sooner we will have peace of mind. Axl threw in the towel on artistry over 10 years ago and chose the easy money train to ride out on till retirement. Slash & Duff are just along for the ride. They have been released music or appearing on other works since rejoining. Axl did a Looney Tunes cameo (for money, not art). 

It's totally obvious that none of the "Big 3" give a single fuck about any of this and it shows. 

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Pure speculation. 

On another note, any bets on where these re-issues might land on the Billboard 200? I think they will each manage a top 40 showing. 

On 10/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, Kelmi said:

I still cant believe that on Use Your Illusion II deluxe cd they decided to include Matt Sorums Drum Solo! Why? And Sail Away Sweet sister intro but not Sweet Child o Mine?

Maybe an arrangement with Matt. The box will only be released if 3 different drum solos by Matt are included.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3