UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

I just cannot wait for November 11 to come around. Finally to get some REAL live material from the band.  Based on YCBM it does not appear they are touching the vocals up so hopefully that is true for all the live tracks.  This will be on constant repeat for a long time for me.  I must have listened to YCBM over 200 times so far.  So exciting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 9/23/2022 at 5:23 PM, estrangedtwat said:

You don't own a copy of UYI I?  The "bitches" have been thanked in the liner notes since the album was released.

I do.  I made the mistake years ago when I had much less money and living space that if I got rid of the cases and consolidated my cases into binders - it would be best.  Not the best idea in hindsight.  Oh well

I'll have a couple copies of each in a couple of months.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, Free Bird said:

Probably. But looking at the packages right now I dont think it's a mistake to order the "2CD Deluxe Edition" of both, UYI 1 and 2. Paying 25 Euros for each and getting the "new" November Rain as well as the live discs for that price isn’t unfair IMO...

My copies aren't in best shape anyways and I'm interested in hearing the modern sound (if it's noticable at all).

So yeah, I'm gonna pre-order them from Amazon.

The modern sound is just louder and less dynamic. It'll also be less crank-able... if it's crank-able at all. I've tried cranking some of the newer discs like the Ramon's remaster etc, and it's like, you get a quarter of the way on the dial and your brain starts to melt. Not good.

I'll probably use Apple Music to listen to the extras, and just keep spinning the originals through my stereo. Best of both worlds.

Edited by Nintari

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If they'd done this right, I would've had no problem paying for the Super Deluxe if it had all the tracks. I got out of collecting vinyl earlier this year but I would've bought the Super Deluxe CD set just to support the band. 

Since they went the cash grab route, I'll just stream all the tracks available and watch the blu-ray online somewhere. 

This was how I felt about the AFD set.  None of the tracks they released held any interest to me as the only live tracks had already been released and the BluRay was the only thing of value to me in the set. I got that online. Felt no guilt since they didn't release it separately.  Def would have bought that.

• GNFNR 1

I'll see what ends up on ebay seperately.  I got the B-sides and EPs Vinyl from the last set.  It is cool as hell that they are actually releasing a Blu Ray of the classic Era.. Not cool that you have to spend $250 - $500 to get it.  I would probably pay $250 for the Vinyl Super Deluxe if I see that.

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'll see what ends up on ebay seperately.  I got the B-sides and EPs Vinyl from the last set.  It is cool as hell that they are actually releasing a Blu Ray of the classic Era.. Not cool that you have to spend $250 - $500 to get it.  I would probably pay $250 for the Vinyl Super Deluxe if I see that.

Wait long enough and I bet you’ll be able to snag it for that price.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If they'd done this right, I would've had no problem paying for the Super Deluxe if it had all the tracks. I got out of collecting vinyl earlier this year but I would've bought the Super Deluxe CD set just to support the band. 

Since they went the cash grab route, I'll just stream all the tracks available and watch the blu-ray online somewhere. 

But do you really consider the cheapest set a cash grab? I mean, they sell it on their shop for 20 bucks each and 25 each at Amazon without extra shipping costs.

Edit: I just visited the GNR US store and they sell the same product for 30 instead of 20 bucks. That's weird. Wouldn't have thought it's more expensive than here in Europe... I mean, it's all in all 10 Euros more for both, compared to my Amazon order, so it won't make you a poor guy if you spend the money on it but it's still more money for the same product.

Risking this may trigger some tedious recurrent debate, I’ll say I see nothing wrong with pirating something that I’m planning on buying later at some reasonable price if I can’t afford it at the initial, ridiculous price. Be it a video game or a music record. 
What’s the other solution – not buy it and just listen to people talk about it all the time? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Risking this may trigger some tedious recurrent debate, I’ll say I see nothing wrong with pirating something that I’m planning on buying later at some reasonable price if I can’t afford it at the initial, ridiculous price. Be it a video game or a music record. 
What’s the other solution – not buy it and just listen to people talk about it all the time? 

That's why I like that it'll be available on Spotify and Apple Music instantaneously on release day. I don't even need to take the extra step to pirate it - it'll all be there to listen to for free from a service I already subscribe to.

I'll go the high seas for the Blu-ray, however.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UncleJosh said:

I wish they would just offer the Bluray and the live discs  by themselves.

They might do what they did before- smash the unsold boxes up and sell the stuff separately....

Alternatively, just wait a couple of months and you'll get it for a fraction of the price and can then just ignore the stuff you don't want. 

• Like 1

just found a new version of "You Could Be Mine - Live" on you tube. It seems to have been uploaded 22 hours ago. It's different version from the Ritz one. Judging by the sound and Axl's voice i think it is from the Las Vegas concert that is going to be released in the boxset. I might be wrong. Anyway, the performance is brilliant. Much better than the Ritz one. I would attach a photo of the print screen but I don't know how. 

• Like 1