UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

Since this is UYI box set they should’ve included all the different UYI songs that they’ve performed live

Or release Inglewood 1991 and include the live performance of Breakdown on that cd/dvd, like seriously, no one cares about "drum solo". A missed opportunity that probably will see the light of the day for the 50th anniversary or whenever they decide to milk the old era. Anyways, at least that blu ray and Las Vegas cd (which was a personal request since a long time ago because I didn't like that Axl re recorded his vocals on some songs) are worth it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I hate to say it, but the updated online cover art for the super deluxe is growing on me. It’s supposed to be an “illusion” anyways.

I want to download one of these three editions just for the sake of supporting the band. I’ll go with the super deluxe. Would rather listen to two complete concerts anyways rather than just random “selects.”

Maybe I’ll download the live cuts of stuff like Perfect Crime and Bad Apples separately and make my own “live UYI” or whatever.

I quite like it. Typically GNR to release it and then change it almost immediately. 🤣

• Haha 2

Venturing out into social media, most of the complaints are at Universal and not the band. It seems Universal have been guilty of substandard SDs recently and this is following the trend. Revolver by the Beatles is getting hammered too. A mix of content and price it seems.

Clearly the band did have input (to decline the Atmos disc/demos) but this was a record company driven thing so….it will be them driving the price. If it was cheaper much of the aggro would go away IMO.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:34 AM, Free Bird said:

I'm one of the guys who still buys physical CDs instead of just streaming but I'm not willing to spend a three digit amount on one release. I passed on the AFD boxset and I passed on Izzy's On Down The Road due to the same reason. Now I'll pass on that. Maybe they're gonna release just the blue ray once. 

Your original CDs will sound better too, so there's just no point.

Edited by Nintari

11 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

How are the chances of hidden tracks?

Wild Horses... (Patience)
Sail Away Sweet Sister... (Sweet Child O' Mine)

One of the streaming platforms (Qobuz I want to say) had track lengths listed, and those looked to be the intros only. Wild Horses was around 3 mins and Sail Away was less than 2. So I’d say zero chance. 

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I hate to say it, but the updated online cover art for the super deluxe is growing on me. It’s supposed to be an “illusion” anyways.

I want to download one of these three editions just for the sake of supporting the band. I’ll go with the super deluxe. Would rather listen to two complete concerts anyways rather than just random “selects.”

Maybe I’ll download the live cuts of stuff like Perfect Crime and Bad Apples separately and make my own “live UYI” or whatever.

It hasn’t grown on me. My brain hurts when I look at it. 

The press release incorrectly states that the"original studio albums [were] fully remastered for the first-time ever" :

- Nitpicking I know, but as they don't include the original version of November Rain, the albums are not fully remastered.

- The albums have already been remastered, in 1997 by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. They used the original master tapes at the time, and they sound (marginally) better than the common CDs. Granted this was an audiophile, niche thing but they have been remastered already.

Used prices for these discs even make the Super Deluxe look cheap so they should definitely mention them in their press release hahah :P (see here and there )

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EvH said:

The press release incorrectly states that the"original studio albums [were] fully remastered for the first-time ever" :

- Nitpicking I know, but as they don't include the original version of November Rain, the albums are not fully remastered.

- The albums have already been remastered, in 1997 by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. They used the original master tapes at the time, and they sound (marginally) better than the common CDs. Granted this was an audiophile, niche thing but they have been remastered already.

Used prices for these discs even make the Super Deluxe look cheap so they should definitely mention them in their press release hahah :P (see here and there )

That's quite a website.  What do you make of this?

Coma
Effects [Sound Effects] – Bruce Foster, Johann*
Percussion – Matt*
Performer [Bitches] – Diane Mitchell, Michelle Loiselle, Monica Zierhut-Soto, Patricia Fuenzalida, Rose Mann, Susanne Filkins
Written-By – Rose*, Slash (3)

There is an official designation / credit to the bitches that made the song possible?

1 minute ago, Spike Killer said:

Coma
Percussion – Matt*
Performer [Bitches] – Diane Mitchell, Michelle Loiselle, Monica Zierhut-Soto, Patricia Fuenzalida, Rose Mann, Susanne Filkins

There is an official designation / credit to the bitches that made the song possible?

I don't know. Discogs is a user generated and compiled music database and marketplace -quite the website indeed.

24 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Coma
Percussion – Matt*

You don't own a copy of UYI I?  The "bitches" have been thanked in the liner notes since the album was released.

12 minutes ago, Conejote said:

The most important radio station here in Argentina just play the GNR live version of "dead flowers"..Is that in the box set??

It's not.  Most likely it's a copy from Argentina 1993, either night.  Both were broadcast in soundboard and have been circulating for almost 20 years.  First time I heard GNR's Dead Flowers was from the July 16th show, played on local radio in the US back in the mid 90s.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

I suppose these are the ladies who lent their voices to the "female characters" heard on the track.

29 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

You people really never read the liner notes to the album?  Even the doctors get thanked for their voice-overs.

Scan-09.jpg

I remember sitting and reading along with the booklet the first time I got the CD.  What kinds of fans are you?

Lol “Steve Rogers”

Captain America’s been torn apart…

On topic; if anything, at least we are finally getting UYI1 and 2 packaged together (like they should’ve always been).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

You people really never read the liner notes to the album?  Even the doctors get thanked for their voice-overs.

Scan-09.jpg

I remember sitting and reading along with the booklet the first time I got the CD.  What kinds of fans are you?

Steve Rogers? That's Captain America

9 hours ago, Nintari said:

Your original CDs will sound better too, so there's just no point.

Probably. But looking at the packages right now I dont think it's a mistake to order the "2CD Deluxe Edition" of both, UYI 1 and 2. Paying 25 Euros for each and getting the "new" November Rain as well as the live discs for that price isn’t unfair IMO...

My copies aren't in best shape anyways and I'm interested in hearing the modern sound (if it's noticable at all).

So yeah, I'm gonna pre-order them from Amazon.

7 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

You don't own a copy of UYI I?  The "bitches" have been thanked in the liner notes since the album was released.

It's not.  Most likely it's a copy from Argentina 1993, either night.  Both were broadcast in soundboard and have been circulating for almost 20 years.  First time I heard GNR's Dead Flowers was from the July 16th show, played on local radio in the US back in the mid 90s.

You are getting old (as me):

Its almost 30 years not 20 ;-)

8 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

You people really never read the liner notes to the album? What kinds of fans are you?

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but how where the "bitches" related to the song? 

Well it seems that some people hasn’t even heard the songs :D

• Haha 2