THOR LOVE AND THUNDER Trailer- Sweet Child O Mine Soundtrack

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Saw it two days ago. 

This movie will bring a smile to any GNR fan.  The soundtrack is glorious!

A couple of notes:

- I believe Patience is also included, but it’s more of a short instrumental cover played near the end of the film using an instrument I couldn’t recognize.

- The best use of a GNR song in the film, in my opinion, was the outro of November Rain during the last battle scene.  Jungle is always great in films, but it’s a bit overplayed at this point.  NR’s outro fit perfectly for the scene and was something I’ve never seen or heard before. 

- There was a nice homage/reference to Axl by Natalie Portman’s character while November Rain was playing.  The direction references both the scenes of Stephanie Seymour lying in the casket but also Axl sitting up in his bed at the end of the video. 

Really enjoyed the film. If you’re a Guns fan and don’t hate superhero movies, go check it out. 

Let me do a question here.... is something you never heard or is something you never heard bc doesnt existed until now?????? 

What about you gunner ear? You are good?

2 hours ago, downzy said:

I don’t see GNR getting a similar lift from this film as Metallica and Kate Bush are from Stranger Things for two reasons.

First, most of the GNR songs included in the movie are pretty well know already.  Go into any bar or sporting event and you’re going to hear some or most (with exception of November Rain).  And NR has over 1.8 billion video views on YouTube. 

Second, and this is just a guess, but the audience for Stranger Things is likely significantly larger than the new Thor film.  Hundreds of millions of people around the world are watching Stranger Things, an audience size few films short of Avatar or The Avengers can come close to.

Metallica is well known, but not its older songs. And few born after 1990 had probably ever heard of Kate Bush, let alone her song used in the show.  So different dynamic. 

Certainly many more people watch Stranger Things than will watch this Thor film (including when it is streaming also).  I don't think Stranger things gets quite that much viewership.  Probably around 150 million people worldwide (which is still a lot).  

I agree with your other points.  The potential population of people who discover GNR through this film is pretty low because these songs are extremely well known already.  Heck, during the NHL playoffs one of the teams seemed to play half of AFD (I can't remember which).  I heard Nightrain a few times before faceoffs.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Certainly many more people watch Stranger Things than will watch this Thor film (including when it is streaming also).  I don't think Stranger things gets quite that much viewership.  Probably around 150 million people worldwide (which is still a lot).  

I agree with your other points.  The potential population of people who discover GNR through this film is pretty low because these songs are extremely well known already.  Heck, during the NHL playoffs one of the teams seemed to play half of AFD (I can't remember which).  I heard Nightrain a few times before faceoffs.

Nobody watches the NHL playoffs tho lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Stranger Things is so lame. Season 1 was good. Then they made it more about tweens and less about scifi horror.

OT: Have you watched the 4th season? It's very much into horror style again - much more brutal & metal than other seasons. At least I had blast with season four and the last episode was extra epic.

What comes to Thor - got a chance to see it today and because of it had some shivers on well placed GNR songs that were blasted loud on theater. It does have a great soundtrack! :)

Edited by Hellow
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, axlvai said:

Let me do a question here.... is something you never heard or is something you never heard bc doesnt existed until now?????? 

What about you gunner ear? You are good?

I mean I’ve never seen or thought a film director/producer would use NR for a scene like that.  The lyrics work well for the moment in the film and the action blended well with the song. Usually it’s Jungle that they put in these kinds of scenes; it was interesting to hear the outro of NR used at that moment. Also kind of cool that the scene involved lightening so to speak and there’s a theory that the Seymour character in the video dies from a lightening strike. 

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

Is the movie any good? 

I enjoyed it.  I know people are giving it a hard time for being “too funny,” but I appreciate a super hero movie that doesn’t take itself too seriously. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downzy said:

I enjoyed it.  I know people are giving it a hard time for being “too funny,” but I appreciate a super hero movie that doesn’t take itself too seriously. 

I liked it!  Not quite as good as Ragnarok but still enjoyable.  At times it was really funny and Christian Bale was great as the god butcher.  Pacing was a little off and it could have been maybe 15 mins longer to pad the story but overall I had a lot of fun with it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Stranger Things is so lame. Season 1 was good. Then they made it more about tweens and less about scifi horror.

This most recent season was excellent btw, as good if not better than Season 1 IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

One of the kids in the movie is also named Axl, though idk about the spelling, so it may be a reference to Axel Foley instead.

The character named Axl says he is named after a singer from a popular human band. It's definitely a reference to our Axl, just like the rest of the GN'R references throughout the movie.  

• Like 2

There must be a pattern. The movie is called Love and Thunder. Axl mentions thunder in the lyrics. KOHD was released as a single in the 1990 movie Days of Thunder. Human Being, which was included in Spaghetti, was partially written by Johnny Thunders. There's a pattern, I tell ya. 

Edited by jamillos

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

There must be a pattern. The movie is called Love and Thunder. Axl mentions thunder in the lyrics. KOHD was released as a single in the 1990 movie Days of Thunder. Human Being, which was included in Spaghetti, was partially written by Johnny Thunders. There's a pattern, I tell ya. 

Maybe there is a treasure map hidden on the back of the original lyric sheet for One in a Million that this all leads to!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, downzy said:

The first Thor was great, everything else they've been struggling to know what to do with the character. Comic book Thor is not a sitcom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

The first Thor was great, everything else they've been struggling to know what to do with the character. Comic book Thor is not a sitcom.

Good thing for me I’ve never read the comic books. 

On 7/9/2022 at 11:28 AM, mystery said:

I feel like there had to be a similar effect in 2004-05 when they had Welcome to the Jungle in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the commercial featuring it went great with the song. I'm surprised they didn't try for any UYI songs since the game is set in 1992 which is in the heart of that era.

Funny you mention Jungle in that game. I remember it well and at the time thought it sounded like AC/DC. :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Funny you mention Jungle in that game. I remember it well and at the time thought it sounded like AC/DC. :D

The crazy thing is there's probably some Guns N' Roses fans who wouldn't know immediately that Axl was a DJ for that game if they had no prior knowledge. His speaking voice is so different and you also wouldn't expect Axl to do a voice over for a game. This was the period of 2003-2005 when he completely disappeared publicly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mystery said:

The crazy thing is there's probably some Guns N' Roses fans who wouldn't know immediately that Axl was a DJ for that game if they had no prior knowledge. His speaking voice is so different and you also wouldn't expect Axl to do a voice over for a game. This was the period of 2003-2005 when he completely disappeared publicly.

I remember listening to those, pretty cool that Axl was there. At one point I think I had all of his voice bits downloaded. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 1:55 AM, History2010 said:

The character named Axl says he is named after a singer from a popular human band. It's definitely a reference to our Axl, just like the rest of the GN'R references throughout the movie.  

they mention "GNR" right after that situation.

• Like 1

I came back from seeing the movie a little bit ago. It was like some weird big budget GNR fan film. I didn't like how Jungle was used because the action/editing didn't match the intensity of the song. I do hope that the music brings in new fans though! 

• Like 1